Pregnant after IF

Amniotic Fluid- on high end of normal?

I keep reminding myself she said "normal" but just curious if anyone here has any insight. Perinatologist said fluid level is on high side of normal. I think she said 24. I was also told this by her partner a few weeks back. So I guess it's been consistent last few scans, I'm currently 37 weeks 4 days along. Any insight is appreciated!

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
DH:39 lower than average count.
Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
~IVF#1: July 2012~
7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.

Re: Amniotic Fluid- on high end of normal?

• I don't understand why your concerned about this. Maybe they told you it's on the high side of normal so they can reassure you not to worry. My baby's heart rate as my dr says "is always on the high end of normal" which makes me thrilled.

I also don't know much about amniotic fluid levels, just that you don't want it to low so I can't image a high level in normal range is concerning.
  • I had this with my son too, they just want to watch your fluid bc if it gets too high you can have complications during labor, my tipped in to the too high range when i was induced 10 days late, as long as they are watching it please dont worry...
    Do you have pre-e? I was told this is why my fluid was so hi! I did have pre-e....
    Your almost to the end, do t stress baby will be here so soon! :)
    Good luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm on the high side of normal as well, 24. My belly is measuring ahead at 43 weeks (i'm currently 35 weeks). My OB is monitoring with full growth ultrasounds every two weeks. Last measurement, little man was in the 92% for growth, my OB indicated big babies require a higher fluid level.

She did repeat my GD testing, just to make sure. Indicating big babies / higher fluid levels can be a sign of GD. 28 weeks and 34 weeks my testing was normal.

She did not seem super concerned about the extra fluid, but she is concerned about his size and if I'll be able to handle a natural birth.

Lastly, if the fluid is 40 or greater, she indicated that can cause complications and might require draining the fluid. And, agree with PP regarding the pre-e, she did some extra screening to make sure I did not have pre-e.  I'm also taking my blood pressure 3X a time, and cutting back on sodium and carb intake (per her request) (I believe that is to help with the swelling / and large growth).

Best of luck to you :)

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Thanks you girls made me feel better. I haven't had any signs of pre-e a d they tested me for g.d. Twice and I passed. Baby has been in 56th percentile for growth. I just hope it stays the same or goes down a little. I'm hoping for complication free birth like the rest of us lol! Thanks for helping me relax about it. Ultrasound on monday so I will ask tons of questions and report back :)

7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
  • @mishabelle521 I am worried because I googled it. Also I have a scary history and worried a lot throughout this pregnancy.

• amb2013 said:

@mishabelle521 I am worried because I googled it. Also I have a scary history and worried a lot throughout this pregnancy.

I try not to google things so I had no clue that high levels were bad. Oops. At least the doc said it's still in normal range. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"