Kansas Babies

Looking for pediatrician

Does anyone in the Kansas City, Kansas area have a good recommendation for a pediatrician? We have BCBS so we need someone who is in network. Just moved to the area and we are expecting in April. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am having the baby at Overland Park Regional Medical Center so my preference would be to find a pediatrician connected with that hospital. TIA!

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
            D&C 12/12/12
BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Looking for pediatrician

• I know you said your looking for a Dr. Near OP Reg but Johnson county peds isn't too far. It's next to shawnee mission med. My LOs Dr. Is Dr. White and she is wonderful! We had a dif Dr. In the practice originally but Dr. White was on call, she came to the hospital every day to check on my LO. Never even saw the Dr. We originally picked out. Also she never made me feel like she was judging me, as a FTM some of the other Drs. Made me feel bad. Good luck!
  • Thanks @kendra and jon

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I know you said your looking for a Dr. Near OP Reg but Johnson county peds isn't too far. It's next to shawnee mission med. My LOs Dr. Is Dr. White and she is wonderful! We had a dif Dr. In the practice originally but Dr. White was on call, she came to the hospital every day to check on my LO. Never even saw the Dr. We originally picked out. Also she never made me feel like she was judging me, as a FTM some of the other Drs. Made me feel bad. Good luck!
    Thank you!

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• Village Pediatrics.  Lance Slaymaker is WONDERFUL

• amie444 said:
    Village Pediatrics.  Lance Slaymaker is WONDERFUL
    This is a little farther that we'd like to drive but thanks for the suggestion. I think we're going with a local Olathe pediatrician.

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• We take our LO to College Point, they have two pediatricians that we see depending on what day we go in.  Dr DaRoo and Dr Nitzel, both are fantastic!  We've been very happy with them.  The facility has a large clean waiting room, nice staff, and because of having a newborn, you don't spend anytime in the waiting room, they take you right back to a room when you arrive.  I have been very happy there.  It's located off of K-7 and College.  They're connected with OMC though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"