Cloth Diapering

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• My ipad seriously makes me stabby. The browser crashes half the time, the random scrolling when I'm trying to read a thread, the issues trying to do anything on FB. I tried to enter the Diaper Junction giveaway on FB, and I just posted the same comment a billion times because it was being stupid. So now I look like a dumbass. Then there's the lack of being able to put the cursor in the middle of the word when I'm typing. Only the beginning or the end. So I usually get lazy with typos...

I miss my Dell laptop that died.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mandmeesh said:
    Twitter blows my mind…and is really stupid. 

I still don't know how it works

I don't not how to use it too,ask well for face book.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Women need to be more accepting of their bodies, regardless of their shape and size. Follow a sensible diet and exercise routine with guidance from appropriate professionals if needed, but avoid extremes. One of my cousins was over 250 pounds but in good health until gastric bypass. Since the surgery, she's less than 100 pounds and hospitalized monthly for various health issues.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Mandmeesh said:

I have it for news only. It's nice to keep up with world events. And if I want more information I can go to the actual article.

I don't know if I can keep up with the diaper laundry when I go back to work. I'm going to try, but I won't feel ba if I send disposables to daycare.

• NVandGZ said:

Danie007 said:

Articles that feature "real women" (meaning a woman who has curves) infuriate me. I'm not a model by any means, but I am naturally thin with an athletic build. So, by not having an hour glass figure I am not a "real woman" either. It's BS! X(

I'm not thin... But I have a friend, who since MS, was a stick. It bothers me when people who don't know a person/girl/woman and will jump all over her and say she's anorexic/bulimic/eating disorder. Some people are naturally thin, or maybe have a medical problem and struggle keeping their weight up. Mind your own business... Unless you know this person and have reason to suspect some sort ofeating disorder, just shut your face.

Yes! I'm a dancer, so growing up I was constantly told I must have an eating disorder. Of course, that was completely untrue. I could out eat all of my high school guy friends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I think smart phones are stupid and I hate that you basically have to have them to do a lot of stuff now. I think this will get even more prevalent in the future and I dread the day that dumb phones like mine don't exist anymore. :'(
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Women need to be more accepting of their bodies, regardless of their shape and size. Follow a sensible diet and exercise routine with guidance from appropriate professionals if needed, but avoid extremes. One of my cousins was over 250 pounds but in good health until gastric bypass. Since the surgery, she's less than 100 pounds and hospitalized monthly for various health issues.
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• Mapleme said:
    I have a "friend" who stopped being my friend when I lost 100 lbs (through healthy means), because it just reminded her of the 20 she couldn't lose. She also kept criticizing my shrinking boobs (I went from a DD to a C). She also would loudly judge women who were too skinny. She also wouldn't come to my housewarming for the first house that I bought because she hadn't been able to find a house she wanted (she had the money though). She was one of my early lessons in surrounding myself with people who make my life better, not worse. My UO is that I can't stand some of the child rearing philosophy terminology. I feel like it often has judgement attached to it. I plan on doing BLW because it sounds way easier and would fit better into our household than spoon feeding purées (and was my plan before I had ever heard of BLW), but not because I feel like there is anything wrong with spoon feeding purées. I feel the same way about Babywearing. Carrying my baby in a pack of some kind frees up my hands and makes my life easier, but "babywearing" makes the kid sound like a sweater. Or like a gun in a holster.
    Totally agree with your UO. I wear my baby in a carrier when I go somewhere, but I don't even consider myself a "baby wearer" - I'm not an enthusiast, I'm not doing it because of the philosophy - I do it because it's easier than just carrying her and more convenient than lugging around a stroller. Same with BLW - it's way easier to put a hunk of food down in front of her than make or buy purees and spoon feed. People who hear you do that stuff assume you're a hardcore attachment parent or something, and it's hard to convince them that it's not some big philosophical decision... more laziness than anything. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Danie007 said:
    Articles that feature "real women" (meaning a woman who has curves) infuriate me. I'm not a model by any means, but I am naturally thin with an athletic build. So, by not having an hour glass figure I am not a "real woman" either. It's BS! X(
    This! Drives me crazy too. Sorry I'm not shaped like an hour glass, guess I'm not a woman either. 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hate Valentine's Day. Like actually dread it. Why do I need a holiday that forces my husband and I to buy things for each other? Thankfully DH feels the same way. Before kids we just treated it like any other day. Now we just do little things for the kids like get them new socks and some candy and call it good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• I hate football. I don't even know which teams are playing, only that it's somewhere cold.

And I'm also so over my ipad. First it wouldn't post, now it's saving and reposting if I reopen a thread. I have the scrolling and shutting me out of FB issues, too.

• Robi1 said:

Mapleme said:

I have a "friend" who stopped being my friend when I lost 100 lbs (through healthy means), because it just reminded her of the 20 she couldn't lose. She also kept criticizing my shrinking boobs (I went from a DD to a C). She also would loudly judge women who were too skinny. She also wouldn't come to my housewarming for the first house that I bought because she hadn't been able to find a house she wanted (she had the money though). She was one of my early lessons in surrounding myself with people who make my life better, not worse.

My UO is that I can't stand some of the child rearing philosophy terminology. I feel like it often has judgement attached to it. I plan on doing BLW because it sounds way easier and would fit better into our household than spoon feeding purées (and was my plan before I had ever heard of BLW), but not because I feel like there is anything wrong with spoon feeding purées. I feel the same way about Babywearing. Carrying my baby in a pack of some kind frees up my hands and makes my life easier, but "babywearing" makes the kid sound like a sweater. Or like a gun in a holster.

Totally agree with your UO. I wear my baby in a carrier when I go somewhere, but I don't even consider myself a "baby wearer" - I'm not an enthusiast, I'm not doing it because of the philosophy - I do it because it's easier than just carrying her and more convenient than lugging around a stroller. Same with BLW - it's way easier to put a hunk of food down in front of her than make or buy purees and spoon feed. People who hear you do that stuff assume you're a hardcore attachment parent or something, and it's hard to convince them that it's not some big philosophical decision... more laziness than anything. 

Love.
    I just don't understand the need to label everything. I don't use a specific parenting style, I just parent. Yes, I like my ergo and maya wrap, and my baby doesnt like purees, and he sometimes sleeps in our bed, but I hate the labels because like you said it implies some judgement. Also, when you add the label it implies that you can do it wrong. Like if you don't "co-sleep" or "extended breast feed" you are not doing "attachment parenting" right.

Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My CD UO is that I don't think CD's are cute. The few times DS has been in sposies I love how tiny his little butt is. I especially dislike patterns. I prefer solids, and my favorite is the solid black assunta cover. I like solid white too, but black doesn't show dirt or stains. I wish more dipes came in solids, like the GNHW.

I have been afraid to admit that here. Please don't run me off. :\">
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I do prefer the way some of DD's outfits look when she's in a disposable (she does disposables at daycare), but I can't stand the smell of them!  I swear, the second she pees it makes me gag.  I'll take a huge cloth booty over that smell any day.

Erin-30.  Dealing with severe endo. 
    Married to DH-29.  Possible low sperm count/low motility.
    Harper-born 2/28/13
    TTC #2 for 21 months and counting...after 2 laps/HSGs and 9 rounds of clomid, next step, consult with RE.
  • I hate football. I don't even know which teams are playing, only that it's somewhere cold.

And I'm also so over my ipad. First it wouldn't post, now it's saving and reposting if I reopen a thread. I have the scrolling and shutting me out of FB issues, too.
    I hate football too! I take it from your SN you're around the Chicago area too.
  • I grew up in Chicago and now live in the suburbs. 

• So far I have shut your pie hole about others weight.

Mmmmm pie.........

Jo has a meltdown when I leave. We are hoping to fix that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Chichigo said:
    I grew up in Chicago and now live in the suburbs. 

You're a real Chicagoan... Growing up in the city. I grew up in the south suburbs, now I'm in the far north/almost Wisconsin burbs.
  • Danie007 said:

I hate hash tags on FB. I feel like it's Twitter invading.
    I have a friend that puts a hashtag in Every. Single. Status. It's overkill too, because, usually it is 2 or 3 of them.

My all time favorites are the run on hashtags. IE:

#IlovesummerandIhatewinterwhereisspringforcryingoutloud?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• It probably isn't an UO here but IRL I see it all the freakin' time.

UO:

If it's cold enough for me to wear a coat then my kid needs a coat/hat too. I get that sometimes a child just won't cooperate or there might be something about your life/child/etc that I'm not seeing. But at least throw a blanket over your child's head before making a 1/2 mile trek into Publix in 7 degree weather. It's cold & I don't care if my toddler is furious bc he's wearing a coat. He's GOING to wear a coat.

• CLLDLL said:

I hate Valentine's Day. Like actually dread it. Why do I need a holiday that forces my husband and I to buy things for each other? Thankfully DH feels the same way. Before kids we just treated it like any other day. Now we just do little things for the kids like get them new socks and some candy and call it good.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way! People look at me strange when I say that irl... Oh and dh knows if he gets me anything for "Sweetest Day" he will get punched, in the face, hard.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's total bullshit that doctors have no repercussions for canceling appointments (the day of the appointment!) without giving a reason, but if I call the day before even with a valid reason to cancel an appointment they charge me for a visit anyways.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I think it's total bullshit that doctors have no repercussions for canceling appointments (the day of the appointment!) without giving a reason, but if I call the day before even with a valid reason to cancel an appointment they charge me for a visit anyways.
    I knew someone that worked in a doctor's office, and I forget the legal wording, but they can't actually charge you for missing an appointment/cancelling.  I forget why.  But it's not an actual thing…it's just crappy doctor's offices doing it

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Skeemer said:

It probably isn't an UO here but IRL I see it all the freakin' time.

UO:

If it's cold enough for me to wear a coat then my kid needs a coat/hat too. I get that sometimes a child just won't cooperate or there might be something about your life/child/etc that I'm not seeing. But at least throw a blanket over your child's head before making a 1/2 mile trek into Publix in 7 degree weather. It's cold & I don't care if my toddler is furious bc he's wearing a coat. He's GOING to wear a coat.

I saw a woman with a baby in Target last week, and the baby didn't even have on socks. It was barely 30 degrees outside. I wanted to punch the woman in the face and steal her baby.

• No, I get the no coat thing. DS doesn't even have a heavy coat bc we cant use it in the car seat. We layer with blankets, hat, and mittens. It just galled me that the baby was completely barefoot in this weather.

• I hate Valentine's Day. Like actually dread it. Why do I need a holiday that forces my husband and I to buy things for each other? Thankfully DH feels the same way. Before kids we just treated it like any other day. Now we just do little things for the kids like get them new socks and some candy and call it good.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way! People look at me strange when I say that irl... Oh and dh knows if he gets me anything for "Sweetest Day" he will get punched, in the face, hard.
    I'm with you on this one.....I hate V day.  Too much pink and red mixed together plus, ever since I went to buy a bouquet of flowers to have on my table and realized how much more expensive things are on 2/14 compared to other days of the year, I have hated it even more.  I told Dh if he can't show me he loves me the other 364 days of the year...........

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • edited January 2014
    I made a little fleece cape for A. She wears a fleece underneath and stays warm enough when getting in and out of the car, but the cape goes over the straps like a blanket. I use a parka if she'll be outside for an extended period of time. Edit: never in the car.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • When  took M to the pediatrician last week, I  overdressed him. His temp was 100.1 when we arrived, but down to 98.7 by the time the doctor saw him.

• I made a little fleece cape for A. She wears a fleece underneath and stays warm enough when getting in and out of the car, but the cape goes over the straps like a blanket. I use a parka if she'll be outside for an extended period of time. Edit: never in the car.
    My mom still has sewing patterns from the 50's and 60's when capes were more common, I guess. Growing up I wanted her to make me one of those cute little capes so bad!

• I made a little fleece cape for A. She wears a fleece underneath and stays warm enough when getting in and out of the car, but the cape goes over the straps like a blanket. I use a parka if she'll be outside for an extended period of time. Edit: never in the car.
    My mom made something similar for DD.  It's fleece and it's like a hooded poncho.  We use that with a hat and mittens outside and throw a blanket over her lap in her carseat.  She gets tons of compliments on it when we're out and about!

Erin-30.  Dealing with severe endo. 
    Married to DH-29.  Possible low sperm count/low motility.
    Harper-born 2/28/13
    TTC #2 for 21 months and counting...after 2 laps/HSGs and 9 rounds of clomid, next step, consult with RE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"