October 2014 Moms

Team Green

How many of you plan on being team green? We were last time (despite weekly sonograms) and will be again this time. I loved having DH announce "it's a boy". Even the doctors and nurses got into it and started making predictions as we waited.

Re: Team Green

• I have never heard of "Team Green"! I'm guessing it means that you are waiting to find out the sex of your baby until birth? If so, that will not be me. I can't wait to know!!! :D

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My BLOG: www.ivfbabyquest.wordpress.com -Update - old blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!
    Me: 42, Hubby: 35, TTC since Jan 2010. Dx: DOR due to advanced maternal age. Also: Hypothyroidism (100mcg Levothyroxin). Positive for MTHFR (hetero-C677T), Factor V Leiden, and Fragile X (on DH side). Taking pre-natal vitamins
    First natural PG 9/27/11; mc: 1/20/12

First RE visit: 8/8/12, Saline Sonogram: 8/28/12, IVF injection class: 10/11/12, add FaBB Tab for FVL, +Vitamin D.
    IVF #1: 10/17/12 Baseline: FSH- 9.4, E2- 24, LH- 3.7, Prog- 0.3 The u/s showed 6 follicles in my right  & 9 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 10/21/12: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning.
    ER 10/28/12: 13 Retreived. 7 Mature. 6 Fertilized. 5 Made it to PGS. ET 11/2/12: CANCELED. All 5 came back from PGS as having "severe abnormalities."
    IVF #2: 1/7/13 Baseline: FSH- 8.8, 4 follicles in my right & 6 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 1/11/13: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning. hCG Trigger 1/16/13

ER 1/18/13: 9 Retrieved. 5 Mature. 5 Fertilized. 2 Made it to PGS. ET 1/23/13: CANCELED. All embryos (he even sent the ones not growing) came back from PGS as having "multiple severe abnormalities."
    IVF #3:
    NEW RE! 3/1/13 Baseline: FSH- 9.6, E2- 61, Prog- 0.94, 3 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle& 150 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/7/13: Add Ganirelix SQ in AM. hCG Trigger 3/9/13 SQ.
    ER 3/11/13: 6R, 2M, 2F. Day 3: one 8 cell, grade 0.  Five day ET 3/16/13: one early blast, grade Fair. 3/24/13 AF came a day before beta. BFN

IVF #4: 
    (Added acupuncture to this cycle.) 3/25/13 WTF & Baseline: FSH-11.8, E2- 56, Prog- 0.84 3/26/13 Start stims. 3/30/13 u/s: 5 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 225 Bravelle& 225 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/31/13 Add Ganirelix SQ in AM.hCG Trigger 4/3/13 SQ.
    ER 4/5/13: 5R, 3M, 3F naturally. Day 3: two 8 cell, grade 0, one 8 cell, grade 2 (Scale 0-best to 3-worst). Five day ET 4/10/13: two blastocysts (the 3rd stopped growing.) Beta 4/18/13: 2.5 BFFN. RE recommends we stop trying and focus on living childless, due to the extremely poor quality of my eggs.
    ***Decided to stop trying and live CFNBC. I couldn't adjust. So, six months later...

IVF #5: Changed RE. Going to one of the big name clinics now. OWDU: 10/29/13. Update: HORRIBLE experience. Disgusted and distraught at their complete unprofessionalism and how much money and precious time they cost us. Sickening. Have now changed RE again. New Patient appt. 1/30/14.
    BFP! Out of nowhere, I got KU the old fashioned way! POAS 1/26/14 - Positive! FDLM 12/30/13. Beta #1 16dpo= 373. Beta #2 18dpo= 801. EDD 10/6/14
    2/4/14 1st U/S revealed a 5wk2day sac but no fetal pole. Started 200mgs of progesterone suppositories daily
    2/11/14 2nd U/S revealed a perfect 6wk1day "diamond ring" embryo with a beating heart! 138bpm! Add 1mg folic acid and 40mg Lovenox
    2/25/14 3rd U/S: perfect 8w1d embryo, 178bpm. 3/6 start spotting. 3/11 10w1d U/S shows no heartbeat. Scheduling D&C. The Stork has forsaken me again.
    IVF #5.2: New in-state RE. Supplement priming for 1.5 cycles prior to start of cycle, including DHEA 50mg (stopped 5/15), CoQ10 200mg 2x/day, L-Arginine- 1000mg 2x/day (stopped 6/5 due to cold sore!), myo-inositol- 2g 2x/day, melatonin- 3mg, and Neevo (prenatal for MTHFR).
    5/16/14 Day 2 bw cycle prior: FSH- 12.22, E2- 38.37, Prog- 1.35, LH- 9.46. 6/2/14 Day 19 bw: Prog- 23
    6/12/14 Baseline: E2- 122.7, Prog- 0.4. 5 follicles in left, 4 follicles in right. Start stims: 375IU Follistim & 150IU Menopur. 6/19 Increase Follistim to 425IU, Menopur still 150IU. 6/18 add Ganirelix. 6/23 Ovidrel trigger SQ. 6/25 ER: 8R, 8M, 5F naturally. Start Medrol & Doxy. 6/26 Start Endometrin. 7/2 Start Lovenox.
    7/8/14 Beta= 137.4 BFP!!! (My first from IVF!) E2- 1109, Prog- >60. Stop CoQ10, myo-inositol, and melatonin. 7/9 2nd Beta= 281.4. TSH- 2.70. Increasing Synthroid to 100mcg daily. 7/24 6w3d u/s measured 6w3d, hb: 121bmp! 8/5 8w1d u/s measured 8w3d, hb: 164bpm! Graduated from RE to OB. Now I just need to find an OB!
    EDD 3/18/15!

• I so don't have the patience for this, but I totally commend the ladies who do!  I'm way too much of a planner to leave things up to the ultimate last minute.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Loading the player...
  • I wish I could be team green..... Ya right lol!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I do not want to wait but M does. I think that will change as we go along and I will win that one. I just don't think I can wait that long!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• I was on the fence this time (we found out last time, so I thought it might be fun to be surprised this time), but DH told me I was crazy.  He really wants to find out, so we will.  And I have no qualms about saying that we both hope its another girl.

Also, we have a 2 br house and whether this one is a boy or a girl might make a difference in our nursery/kids room situation, so I guess we really do need to know so we can plan.
  • We were Team Green last time and I loved it. The best were all the people who couldn't believe we weren't finding out. My family was almost kicked out of the waiting area when DH went and announced it was a boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're definitely finding out. With two boys already I need to know so I can plan. We have everything we need for another boy, like I barely bought anything when I was pregnant with DS2 (poor kid). All of our big stuff is neutral, but there is still a lot that I'd want to buy/do if we have a girl.

If we had at least one of each already I think Team Green would be fun but since we don't... let the countdown begin. Only 13ish weeks to go. ;)
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • I really want to be, but DH said he wants to know. I told him he could but not to tell me. I doubt he'll be able to... *sigh* we got time to argue it still! I love when I'm in L&D and the couple doesn't know. It's so fun to see their reaction and emotions.

Member since 2010 ❤️
    #1 BFP 12/31/10 EDD 8/14/11 Born 8/9/11

#2 BFP 3/20/12 EDD 11/17/12 M/C 3/25/12

#3 BFP 11/17/12 EDD 8/5/13 Born 8/4/13

#4 BFP 1/26/14 EDD 09/29/14 Born 10/01/14

• I wish I could be team green, but I just don't think I can wait. I rationalize that it's because we live overseas in a place with less selection of baby things so we have to bring them from North America, but deep down I know I'm just not patient enough!

• I am up in the air on this...I think I want it to be a surprise but I don't know how long I will be able to hold-out!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I guess I don't get the appeal of being team green.  I don't care which my baby is, but I need to know!!  

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • I want to be team green but my husband does not. One way or another, he will find a way to figure out the gender! I don't think I can have him know if I don't know so I guess we will probably find out. I might wait to try to do it in a creative/fun way though.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Absolutely not. I have to plan!
  • I'm a planner, definitely want to know.
  • Team Green all the way for me!!! One of the best surprises we can have in life. Looking forward to everyone guessing what we will be having xx
  • Nope... if there was a way I could find out right this second, I would!
    TTC#1 Since 8/2013 BFP #1 10/18/2013 EDD- July 1, 2014 MC 11/22/2013 at 8w3d
    BFP #2 1/22/2014 EDD 10/7/2014
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    imageimage
  • I always thought I would need to find out, because I am one of the most impatient people I know. But having spent some time in a OB/GYN rotation for school, I got to listen to a lot of stories from people who were team green and it seems like a really awesome experience once baby is born to have DH tell me. My husband is all for being team green. I figure, there are very few true surprises in life, and this will probably be the best of them all. Who knows though, my crazy type A might just make a reappearance at week 20 and need to know! 
  • @jellybean813 I was the same way, but it was really important to my husband and it was a lot of fun to wait. I am really glad we did!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Erin0215Erin0215 member
    edited January 2014
    We were team green with our first and it was wonderful. Daddy got to call it in the delivery room, it was a such an awesome surprise. So I'm pretty sure we will be on team green again this time :D
  • I'm too much of a planner to wait! I like to sew/quilt, so I need to know who I'm making stuff for.
    Started TTC August 2012. BFP 10/17/12...natural MC on 10/23/12, Missing our little bean every day!  11/13-started seeking help at fertility clinic. Me: 29 (ovulation/menstrual irregularities, HSG clear), DH: 31 (1% morphology, rest is normal) 
     SHOCKING BFP during cycle prior to IUI #1 on 1-26-14. Beta 1: 39.1, Beta 2: 100, Beta 3: 234.5!!! keep growing little one! EDD 10/7/14BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I'd have terrible patience. Haha there's no way I could wait. My husband wants to try but I think he'll end up caving in too!
    April Siggy Challenge: Favorite Flower- Dahlia

image   image
    Married July 2012
    TTC Since March of 2013
    First BFP: 1-26-14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to be team green! Hubby dies not :( I think I may be able to sway him though. Our good friends were team green for both of their children. They waiting for the delivery to find out the sex of the baby was a really special moment.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I wanted to be team green with our daughter but DH convinced me to find out. I had fun buying clothes and decorating the nursery and we plan to find out again this time. If we end up with one of each, I may try to talk DH into being team green for #3.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can't wait 2 weeks to find out if I'm pregnant every month. Waiting 9 months to find out the gender would be torture and I'm a planner. Heck, I had the nursery fully planned within a week of deciding we would TTC.

• I'm too impatient to wait to find out.  This will be DF's first and he really wants to know.  We will be thrilled no matter what the gender, we just want to know so we can plan things better.

DS #1  1/10/2004

DS #2  2/1/2006

EDD #3  10/5/2014

BabyFruit Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • How many of you plan on being team green? We were last time (despite weekly sonograms) and will be again this time. I loved having DH announce "it's a boy". Even the doctors and nurses got into it and started making predictions as we waited.

Lil Pumpkin Caffrey ~ 10/3/14

• How often do you have a true surprise in your adult life? DH and I have been in agreement from before we got married. Team green all the way!

Lil Pumpkin Caffrey ~ 10/3/14

• I really want a little girl so I'm too eager to find out now. My mom is one if my bff's and I just can't imagine not having at least 1. Whenever that happens DH and I plan on being team green...hopefully next pregnancy. :)

• We were Team Green last time and it was the most fun experience. I was anxious the entire pregnancy to find out if we were having a boy or girl and when Natalie was born, I was so shocked and excited! There's something different about waiting till the baby is born to learn the gender v. waiting for "Baby Jane" to arrive.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm torn on this. I kinda want to find out beforehand simply because I know my husband really wants a boy (but he would be just as happy with a girl) but that being said, if we find out its a girl he will have more time to process the idea..as strange as that may sound. On the other hand..I worked on a labor and delivery unit for 3 years..and you would be surprised how many times the docs get the sex of the baby wrong... These couples would have everything planned for a little girl (or boy) including nursery colors, baby clothes, etc. only to deliver the baby and find out it is actually the opposite sex! It's rare but I've seen it happen more than once.
  • We were team green with our first and it was such an amazing feeling when the doctor held her up and announced that it was a girl. We'll be team green with this one as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"