Babies on the Brain
Options

TTC and Panic

This is my first cycle TTC. My DH and I have done a lot of bding and last night was ovulation baby dancing. I went to bed and 2 hours later I woke up in absolute panic. I was so scared that I'd get pregnant and not handle the pregnancy well, I was scared that maybe we weren't ready, I was scared that I wasn't mature enough. The thing is I want this but now I'm panicked that I've made the wrong decision and I'll get pregnant this cycle and not be ready, has this happened to any of you? What did you do about it. I'm just so anxious and it's another 12 days until I'll know if I'm preggo or not.

Re: TTC and Panic

• Options
    Well, it's a little too late now, isn't it?

There is less than a 30% chance you are pregnant, and even much less if you were not tracking your cycles and confirming ovulation with bbt charting. So odds are in your favor if not being pregnant. Just calm down (easier said than done) and wait to test. If you are pregnant, you will probably get excited about it considering you decided to ttc... which I would assume means there are reasons you want to have a child. If you are not, I would sit down with your husband and decide if this is really what you want and if you feel ready for it. It wouldn't be so bad to wait a bit if you aren't ready. 

Pregnancy is a totally new experience and most all of us have heard horror birth stories or how awful pregnancy is. It is totally normal to feel anxious about that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Calm down OP. Yes, it's normal to be scared. DH and I just found out we are expecting, and we are lucky enough to have had this happen on our first try. I'm grateful, but also - I really thought it would at least take a couple of months. That being said, between the excitement and joy - I've also had moments of fear and panic, wondering what the hell we just did. As PP said, it's normal. But, if this panic consumes you and you don't end up pregnant this month maybe sit down with DH and make sure that you are both really ready for that BFP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"