Single Parents

nursery water

Has anyone else heard of this? I just heard about it on my sanctimommy friends facebook. Apparentley is special water for mixing formula...

I had no idea what it was so i asked. And all i got out of that was well its special filtered water without florid.
So its basically bottled water.

I then got bitched out by sanctimommy for using tap water to make formula. Sorry not sorry tap water is free and since i drink tap water ill give bentley tap water.

Re: nursery water

• LMAO! I've heard of it but I don't think there's anything wrong with tap. I am pretty sure if I was a FF'er, I'd surely as hell not buy gallons and gallons of nursery water. Maybe use a Brita filter or something, but certainly not buy nursery water.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Lol i cant justify it. My son drinks 8+ ounces of formula in a sitting. No way am i buying gallons of special water. Maybe if i was just supplimenting, or i lived somewhere where the tap water was undrinkable. But even then, filtered water is cheaper long term.
  • Loading the player...
  • Exactly. My county has some of the cleanest water in the COUNTRY. I'd certainly consider it if I had nasty water in my area or something. Even then, I'd prob get a filter first if it were cheaper in the long run.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Exactly i cant get in board with waisting money. If im buying three cans of gentlease formula at a time, i cant do gallons of water too
  • I've seen nursery water in the store and wondered what the difference was, LOL.  I just use my water filter on my faucet.  Apparently, we are all shitty parents. LOL  =))

Seriously, the reason why kids these days get so sick is because parents stopped letting them get dirty.  If DD drops her paci, I don't get in a huff and clean the shit out of it with soap and water and then sterilize the thing.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  I just make sure there is nothing on it (dog hair, our dogs shed EVERYWHERE), suck on it for a second and give it back to her. No harm, no foul.  Her immune system is going to be STEEL. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Ive put ds paci in the dish washer once after i found it under the couch and once after i spent some time with a friend and her kid and then found out her kid woke up hand ahd foot fever blisters the next morning. Other then that i blow on it and brush it off.

• I, too, am a shitty parent and use tap water for DD's bottles.  It freaks my sister out.  If she wants to start buying bottled water for DD more power to her.  Our tap water is actually pretty good.  
  • As is ours. Generally speaking most city tap water is better than well water. And i get it this nursery water is cheap. But the stuff that comes out of my sink is free
  • I'm glad you guys are talking about this because I'd heard that too and was confused. It was my understanding that city water is disinfected anyway so even though it may not taste as good it's actually safer than bottled or well water. It seemed stupid to me to buy bottled, especially when I'm drinking tap water all the time now and my son is inside me so he's getting it too. What's the difference?
  • Too much flouride.
  • Also. In some really SMALL rural cities tap water just isnt drinkable because of the taste. And i think floride in the water is un regulated. But yes tap water legally has to be sanitary sincewe drink it, bath in it, wash our hands in it, wash dishes in it, etc.
  • I thought nursery water was the stuff WITH flouride? Either way nope you don't have to use it if your tap water is drinkable. I just used my brita pitcher to filter ours and made it with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • I think there is nursery water with and without it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"