September 2013 Moms
Options

thirty-one gifts parties

Up until today, I had never heard of thirty-one gifts.  I was invited to a party that a friend is hosting, and I decided to check out their catalog online. 

Are these products/parties popular in your circles?  Can anyone explain the appeal to me?  I get the selling aspect of it, just like Mary Kay, et al.. I just don't get the products.  To me, they look like overpriced baskets, tote bags, and such that I could find elsewhere for a fraction of the price. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 

Re: thirty-one gifts parties

• Options
    I think they are pretty neat, but I don't own one. Some of them REALLY look like diaper bags with all the pockets.
    I think the thermal lunch pails are cool if you bring your lunch to work. It is nice to have a bag with your name on it that actually looks nice.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are popular here but I avoid them because the products just look fugly to me

• Options
    imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited January 2014
    A lot of military wives do stuff like this. And it's obnoxious. I get invited almost daily to some kind of selling over priced shit party and it irritates me. I hate 31 the most because you're right - they're just over priced totes. No thank you.

Edit: spelling
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I have several of their products and like them all. Really I have more bags than I could ever use but I still buy more. I have a friend that sells it so I buy from her when I do want new stuff. I actually have an order I need to get to her soon. Some of the stuff is expensive but I think the quality is good. I use one of the bags as a diaper bag and the larger bags are nice for beach trips and packing stuff for vacations and short trips. If I remember right, at least one of the ladies in this group sells it.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks embroidered names on bags for adults is weird/ugly? I get it for kids' lunch bags and stuff, but not adults. I also don't understand monograms, though, which I've been told is a regional thing.

• Options
    VitaLuna said:

Am I the only one that thinks embroidered names on bags for adults is weird/ugly? I get it for kids' lunch bags and stuff, but not adults. I also don't understand monograms, though, which I've been told is a regional thing.

Agreed. The only thing I've ever had personalized was something for DD. At 30 I have no desire to have my name or initials on my purse or bag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"