Cloth Diapering

Freetimes Leaking- Please HELP!!

I'm Allie and I have been cloth diapering 5 month old son since he was a week or two old. I am only using Bumgenius Freetimes now I have been having a terrible time with leaking lately. Almost every single time I change him he has leaked. I wash with Rockin Green and line dry. He doesn't soak through the diapers and usually pees right up the left side. The diapers seem to be repelling a little but I read that there has to be a little pressure for the pee to absorb so I'm not sure if that is the case. About half of my diapers were used for a few months with another baby. Do you think it is a repelling problem? What is the safest way to strip the diapers (I obviously don't want to ruin my stash)? The hemp inserts I just bought said to use liquid soap- is Rockin Green the problem? Thanks!!

Re: Freetimes Leaking- Please HELP!!

• I wouldn't use liquid detergent, but I wouldn't use RnG either. Too many problems with it either not cleaning diapers very well, or building up. I would do a hot water strip, switch detergents, and check for gaps when you put on the diaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Danie007 said:

I wouldn't use liquid detergent, but I wouldn't use RnG either. Too many problems with it either not cleaning diapers very well, or building up. I would do a hot water strip, switch detergents, and check for gaps when you put on the diaper.

I agree. Lift his legs when you change him and check for any gaps.

My guess is you have build up.
  • Loading the player...
  • sciblusciblu member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks! I didn't realize you could strip with just hot water! Ill try that today!
  • sciblu said:

Thanks! I didn't realize you could stip with just hot water! Ill try that today!

4-5 long hot washes usually does the trick for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"