December 2012 Moms

First night/s away from LO?!

SO and I's 4 year anniversary is coming up and we'd like to go out and do something and spend a night or 2 away. This sounds absolutely amazing! Minus the fact that I've never spent a night away from LO and don't know how he'll handle it. I know I will be a mess but I don't want LO to be a mess as well! He does very well when other people put him to sleep but that means in order for this to work I'll have to have my sister or mom spend the night at our house and I don't know if they'll like that very much.
If you've spent a night away how did it go?!

Re: First night/s away from LO?!

• Most likely, it will be much harder on you than it will be on your LO, especially if he does well with others putting him to bed. DD has spent the night away from us on and off since she was about 10 months, and while I'm still on edge each time she does, it gets easier each time. Do you have access to a pack and play or something similar? If so, you could take that over to your sister or mom's house, and that way they could be in their comfortable space and still take care of your LO. Try to enjoy yourself- you're going to have to leave LO overnight sooner or later, might as well have some fun on your anniversary.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Morgan has spent one night away from us, when she was 6 months old.  We have tried twice more and the first time she woke up and wouldn't stop crying so my parents called us and we picked her up.  The second time she was sick, had a bad double ear infection, so I had to pick her up and take her to the doctor. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Loading the player...
  • Due to my work schedule (I travel on weekends, and work nights..as does my husband who is a fire fighter) we have had many nights away since DD was 3 months old, and we have our parents or relatives put her to bed on nights we work late. She is fine with it, I think because we have been doing it for so long. It was definitely the hardest on me at first, but I just asked for lots of photos and updates!! Take the time away and enjoy it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"