Pregnant after IF

***2IF Grad Check-In***

Congrats to everyone for making it here!  This check-in is for graduates of the 2IF board (and any other secondary infertility grads).  If you are new to the check-in, please let us know your due date and you will be added for next week. 

I’m so sorry you had to put your kitty to sleep last week, uagirl.  And welcome to the 2IF Grad Checkins, CMDR513!

Bumpee                        Due Date                      Team

HopingForMore              4/20                             TBD

tryingyetagain               4/26                              Pink

MJC1116                      5/1                                Green

CMDR513                      5/17                             Pink

luckyu317                     5/27                              Blue

Chrissy1276                  6/3                                Pink

gmc222                         6/21                             TBD

uagirl                            7/19                              TBD

AlmostWright                7/22                              Blue

KristyLynn26                 7/28                              Green

jknallen                         7/31                              TBD

ally510                          8/3                                TBD

kndeckar                       8/13                              TBD

+SouthernMomma+       9/26                                TBD

1.  How many weeks along are you?

2.  Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results, etc.)?

3.  How are you feeling lately?

4.  QOTW:  Have you started on LO’s nursery yet, or thought about how you are going to decorate it?  Are you planning any other projects or crafts for baby?

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***2IF Grad Check-In***

• I am 27 weeks now and we have our 28 week appointment on Thursday.  I was told by the MFM to make a 32 week appointment for an ultrasound with her, so that she can do a growth check and make sure the placenta is holding up well.  I will make that appointment this week.  I am feeling fairly good, but having a few issues.  We have been painting our basement (which has been in the process of being finished over the past few months), and it has really taken a toll.  I have been so achey and stiff and sore.  Today, I had a weird episode where I had this large flashing floating spot in my vision and it lasted about 45 minutes.  It was bad enough that I had trouble reading.  Scared me a bit, but it passed.  I don't think I could have pre-eclampsia this early so I'm not sure what caused it.  I will mention it to the OB on Thursday, I guess.

QOTW:  We haven't been able to start on the nursery because of this basement project that is taking up all of our time and energy.  We have a crib bought and other furniture ready to go, and we've picked out the color to paint the walls (pale purple).  And for decoration, we are hanging three water color paintings that my 7-year old DS painted last year, which I already have framed and ready to go.  And I've been working on a Noah's Ark cross-stitch project that has been taking me forever, and I plan to make it into a blanket once the cross-stitch part is finished.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi!
    I'm 26 weeks. All went well at my appointment. I passed the GD test (woo hoo!) but gained 7 lbs last month! Yikes, I guess all those fruit smoothies really did me in. I'm up 19 lbs which slightly depresses me, but I'm not going to get too set on numbers. 

QOTW: We moved into our house last year and had the whole thing painted. I had the room painted a nice blue color that I enjoyed thinking that the room would either be a nursery or my craft room (if I didn't get pregnant). It turns out the color matches our bedding from DD perfectly, so we are going to just keep it. One less thing to do. The bedding is gender neutral since we were team green the first time around, too. I want to buy these prints from the animal print shop. I'm obsessed with the alpaca but will probably choose the giraffe, bunny, lamb, and one more. Part of me wants to buy new bedding and things, but I would rather the money go to something else. We are having our maternity photos taken in a few weeks!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Ladies! I am 14 weeks and really feeling about the same still (tired and nauseous). I have my next appointment on Monday at exactly 15 weeks and I have to have a 1 hour glucose test then. Boo!

I've been fighting with my insurance company because they denied the progesterone injection medication my doctor wants me to start next Monday. Not sure what I'm going to do if they don't approve it because I really can't afford $3800 a vial. Never thought I'd be dealing with this now after all the meds we've paid for over the last two years. Ugh!

QOTW: Are plan is to move DD into her new "big girl" room and use her current room for the nursery so we have started working on her new room. After she moves then we will be able to do the few minor things (including getting new furniture) for the nursery. Her new room is definitely going to take a lot more time since it needs new everything (down to the baseboards and closet) so I'm hoping we can keep up our momentum and get it completed soon.
    imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
  • I'm 13 weeks. I still feel pretty nauseous and tired. I had my NT last week and thankfully, it showed low risk for chromosomal abnormalities. I have an appointment with my OB next week. My OB told me that I'll get an u/s at every visit because since I had a D&E with my last pregnancy, he said I'm at risk for a shortening cervix. I'm thrilled I'll get to see the baby so often, but the thought that I may end up on bed rest freaks me out. I teach 8th grade US history as well as group exercise classes, and chase my toddler around, so it would be a HUGE adjustment.  FX it won't happen.

QOTW: I haven't done any planning yet. I know that I need to get my DD into a twin bed soon so that I can begin thinking about the new LO's nursery, so I guess I'm starting there. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry so late to reply! 15 weeks and I think finally over the evil stomach bug (one week later). Luckily I was able to avoid the hospital but it was close. I was so worried about baby, but I had a regular appt and although it took a few minutes (while I panicked) to find the heartbeat, he seems to be just fine. No appointments for 4 weeks now, so I am hoping to keep the worrying minimal until then! I can't really tell pregnancy nausea from what is left from this bug, but I am hoping that is ending too.

QOTW: Before we even knew this baby was a boy, I had found a set of prints with construction trucks on clearance, so I think we are going to frame them for the nursery. DH painted a train and DS's name on the wall for him, so is going to do some type of wall mural and name again. I am waiting for the a/s in a month before we really start planning though. Currently, the nursery is our guest room so we will keep the bed in there as long as possible for visitors (all family is out of town) before they get sent to the basement to sleep. I am very excited it is finally going to be a nursery!

Related question--anyone found a glider or rocking chair that they love and is not crazy expensive? I really want a new one since our old one wasn't very comfortable, but I don't know if it will get as much use this time around with a 4 year old keeping us busy as well so it is hard to justify spending the money.

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey ladies!
    I'm almost 13 weeks. Had my first appt with my OB last week & another ultrasound there. Baby looks great. Looks like my official due date is now Aug 12th but I will be having a scheduled RCS at 39 weeks. I am starting to feel better but still having some digestive problems :/ I bought some prunes last night & if they don't help things I'm going to try some Colace.

As for nursery planning, sadly this LO will not have a nursery to decorate at least for right now :( I am having to come to terms with this. We tried to sell our 2 bedroom house last year but we never got a good enough offer so we are stuck here. We've weighed the pros and cons of trying to sell & buy another house before baby comes vs. staying and it makes more sense to stay. So baby will sleep in our room. But we are doing a few renovations to our bedroom to make more room for baby. Hopefully we can be moved into a bigger place before this LO turns 1.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kndeckar said:

I am starting to feel better but still having some digestive problems :/ I bought some prunes last night & if they don't help things I'm going to try some Colace.

Just wanted to tell you I was having ridiculous bowel problems and did with DS' pregnancy too. I finally talked to my OB a couple of months ago (with DH there to hear all the ugly details. Yay.). She told me to take a Colace in the morning and another one at bedtime. Voila! Problem completely solved! I was pretty miserable before, and I had tried dietary solutions but nothing was working. Hope you get it figured out one way or the other.... It's miserable dealing with that!

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"