High-Risk Pregnancy

*** Wednesday Bedrest Check-in ***

Good morning ladies

How did you sleep?

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings or aversions?

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates (ticker change?)

QOTD: What were your thoughts when your doctor suggested bedrest? How long have you been on BR? Has your perception about BR changed?

Open Topic: What's on your mind today?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *** Wednesday Bedrest Check-in ***

• Slept well last night with the help of some benedryl. I've been getting kinda broken sleep so one solid block was lovely.

Nothing new going on here, just waiting for my Friday appointments and trying to keep hydrated.

QOTD: I was eased into BR. MFM started me on restricted activity (limited walking/standing) around 18weeks and a couple weeks later my OB told me to shift it over to full bed rest. So I knew what was coming and it wasn't a surprise... But I had hoped to make it farther than 22weeks before being confined to the bed. Little disappointed, little resigned, but not surprised. I've been here for two weeks tomorrow and hope for another 12. 

Perception hasn't really changed. I've been on bed rest before- 3 days after every IVF transfer and a week earlier in the pregnancy after a bad bleeding scare. So I knew it wasn't going to be all bonbons and pleasant naps. I am finding it a lot harder this week to accept the loss of freedom though. It's one thing to be confined to bed for a limited period. Another thing entirely to know I'm here until baby is born which could be as much as three months from now.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

I slept ok, but not great. 

I saw my MFM this morning and cervix measured between 1.5-1.8cm, so not much change from last week but maybe a little shortening, and still lots of funneling.  I keep hoping one day it will go back to 4cm and closed!  Wishful thinking and all.  I see my OB tomorrow and the MFM is going to ask him to do a speculum exam as well. 

I was on MBR pretty much after my cerclage was placed at 14w.  I am now on stricter bed rest as of last week since my cervix is continuing to shorten.  I always knew it was a possibility given my first pregnancy, so I'm not surprised but still discouraged.  I was on strict hospital bedrest for 2 weeks with DD and (TMI warning) couldn't even get up to use the bathroom, so I am still thanking my lucky stars that I have not gotten to that point (and hopefully won't have to).  I get very restless and want to go out and do stuff, so it's hard to fight those urges, but I'm doing my best.  It's only temporary.

I can't think of anything else on my mind today!  Have you guys read any good books lately?  I have a bunch downloaded on my iPad and there are a few that I haven't been able to get through.  I need a good read to get me back on track! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi there
    I'm new to this board so here I go

Sleep is terrible- up every 2-3 hours to go the bathroom then 30 mins - 1hr to get back to sleep and then repeat.

No new craving except always being thirsty I think it's a side effect if the procardia.

I have an appointment with my Ob on 2/5 and just had an ultrasound on 1/27 where they checked my cervix and it has gone from being at 3 on 1/20
    To being at 1.5 on 1/27.

QOTD: I knew it was going to happen it was only a matter if time, I'm on Lovenox too. I'm 33 weeks today so they changed me from to decreased activity which started on 1/23to full blown bed rest. I'm only allowed to get up to eat,pee and bathe.
    I need ideas on activities to do in bed. I bought some new movies but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Slept ok, Ds was up crying and freaking out around MN. He has pink eye and ear infections so it ws probably from that. Got some motrin in him and then we all slept in until 7:30am, it was heavenly.

No new symptoms, cravings, averions

Nothing coming up till next week

My doctors are actually kinda ho-hum about BR. They only had me do it for 1 week and then took me off with DS. I wanted to go back to work and was all for their suggestions that there wasn't goo data to support it. Then DS was born 5 days later and I've felt guilty since. So this time when they gave me the same speech I said, "I'm definitely doing BR till this baby is term. I don't care what the research says. My husband feels the same way. I'm on MBR so I went to pick DS up at daycare when he was sick yesterday and took him to the doctor with my husband, but the increased activity does seem to make my contraction pattern more consistent so I'm backing off big time today and laying down more.

Today I'm anxious about LO being breech. Its stupid early to worry but I felt blessed to have a vaginal delivery with DS and am scared of a c-section. I'm also annoyed that my contractions seem to be more painful these days and that I can't sit up as much as I was.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • @ThereBeDragons hooray for a good night's sleep!! BR certainly isn't easy, but hang in there, it'll all be worth it:)

@MissChanandlerBong sorry to hear there hasn't been any change... good luck with the speculum check tomorrow, last time I had a spec. check I was soooo sore afterward. It could have just been the Dr though because it was at the hospital so it wasn't my reg OB and I think she was fairly new.

Welcome @Ashley22089!! Sorry you had to go on full BR but thanks for joining us. As far as BR activities are concerned I do a little of everything: watch tv, crochet (I just learned a few weeks ago), spend time on Pinterest, the bump, and other websites, I text friends and family, and I have visitors every once in a while.

Ok so I didn't really sleep all that great last night... Sore hips and a full bladder are no fun!!

Baby keeps twitching and it's ready weird. She still kicks and moves regularly but every 4hrs or so she starts with the twitching which probably only lasts for 1-3mins each time but it's still kind of scary, but normal I suppose

I knew BR wasn't going to be easy but I didn't realize how truly difficult it was going to be. This is week 9 of BR for me and I still have 9 weeks until cerclage removal. I do get discouraged and depressed but I definitely see the benefit of it all and I just keep reminding myself that it's worth it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • haziedaze said:

So this time when they gave me the same speech I said, "I'm definitely doing BR till this baby is term. I don't care what the research says. My husband feels the same way.

My regular OB didn't recommend BR for the same reason... no scientific evidence that BR is effective... but the MFM and the L&D nurse told me it's our best shot at keeping baby on the inside. And so far so good. I was having tons of contractions around 21wks and my cervix had already shortened to about 1.5 but we've made it this far so I'm inclined to say that BR has helped.

Also sorry to hear that your DS isn't feeling well:(
  • @JandM524 congratulations!!! And welcome Baby Roman!! I know there were a few ladies asking about you... I'm so glad to hear you have your LO (full term!!) in your arms.
  • @JandM524 What an awesome success story! Crazy that you had to be induced, but really in preemie mama land that's a victory. Thanks for sharing!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Congratulations @jandm524! Love the name!
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Hi @czucaro, and welcome!  I'm sorry you have to join us, but hopefully you will find a lot of support from the group and daily check-ins.  I have a 3y/o DD so I can commiserate on having another LO while on bed rest!  Do you have a partner or family to help with him?  I do as much as I can to interact with DD, like have her climb up next to me so we can read, color, snuggle, watch tv, etc.  It is not the same, but she understand that mommy needs to rest so we are getting by. 

I am in NY, so not too far away from you!  I also have a shortened cervix (down to 1.5-1.8cm as of yesterday).  Do you have a cerclage?  I get the weekly p17 shots as well and just got the steroid shots last week too.  Try to stay positive (I know, easier said than done!) and we are here to listen if you need to vent/complain.  Good luck with everything! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"