November 2013 Moms
Options

Eating schedules ( on demand transition to daycare)

Hey ladies. So lo had his 4th day at daycare today and I'm trying to gauge his eating for bottles. When we are home I do the boob and have been on demand, as he prefers, but luckily he switches to bottle with ease for daycare.
First day I sent 3 bottles with 3.5 oz each because at home when he took a bottle that's about how much he would eat. Well of course he housed them and they had to go into the freezer stash first day. So I sent 4.5 oz in the bottles this week plus extra 2 oz and they are feeding him whole bottles every 2 hours. Plus the 2 oz. Btw I have a big 17 lb 3 month linebacker. So I'm wondering if I should try bigger bottles and longer stretches?
Any others that were on demanding have gone to more of a schedule with daycare?? TIA

Re: Eating schedules ( on demand transition to daycare)

• Options
    LC that I see for a BF support group recommended 1oz an hour for daycare plus two bottles with 1.5oz to hold him over. It looks like you are sending that already and a good amount of extra. Are they soothing/calming him with food?

I wouldn't mess with your on demand schedule because it could mess with your supply. My LO is a big boy too and likes to over eat and then gets cranky. I wonder if your LO is being fed too much at DC, gets cranky from being so full and they feed him more because they think he is hungry! I'm not sure if this helps but it is something to ask your DC.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    That's what I'm thinking. I feel like they may be pacifying him with food. At home he goes 2.5 to 3 hours. Ill mention it tomorrow for sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, I think I'm going to ask them tomorrow to not jump right to the bottle. He also jusit enjoys sucking on his hands for fun and they may mistake that for hunger.
  • Options
    We FF, so take this for what it's worth. LO's eating was wonky for the first week or two of day care. I think he just needed some time to adjust to a new environment. He also got a cold the first week he was there, his first cold, and that messed with his appetite. I would suggest sending a little more than he needs at least for the first week or two, then seeing if he adjusts to a more regular appetite then. I know it's harder to send more BM than Formula, because I would hate to see any BM not get eaten. The adjustment period for DC sucks but once they get through it there is more normalcy on the other side.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LO did come home with a cold after first 2 days, and pink eye! ugh. Yesterday they said he seemed really hungry but then threw his whole meal up when he got home. I think between being sick and adjusting he is just so off he doesnt know what to do but eat. Like you said hopefully it evens out. I asked them to try to hold off until 2.5 hours just to make sure its hunger and not comfort or boredom.

Can i quit my job yet?? ;(

• Options

@keight38 I'm sorry. I know it's hard, it does get a little easier with time. Hang in there and feel free to vent your frustrations here anytime! I can definitely sympathize, I'm sure others can too!!

A cute hang in there gif for you:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Awww so cute, That made me smile! Thanks @caradi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"