3rd Trimester

Does horrible constipation give you other issues?

I feel so silly asking this but when they say every pregnancy is different, they aren't kidding.  This one is really throwing me for a loop!  I have had alternating constipation and diarrhea since first tri, but today I was so constipated that I was almost crying on the toilet.  And I'm wondering if it is what has been causing my horrible BH the last two days.  And why my bottom has been sore down there, not just my butt, but everything.  Not sure if it is from being constipated or the baby being low or if it something I need to call my doc about.    
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Does horrible constipation give you other issues?

• I've been like that for the past couple of months. I found for the soreness and rawness is that I got Preparation H pads and would fold them to "fit me" to help cool down there. For everything else water and fiber is what I've been told by my doctor. I hope this helps a little bit. 
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• I totally get more BH when Im constipated
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  Definitely makes me feel better.  I loved the Prep H pads after birth last time, guess I'll be buying them earlier this time.  =)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Water and smoothies with lots of greens always help me! I hope you get some relief soon, constipation is terrible.

imageimage
  • Ugh the constipation is killer! Gives me the worst BH and crampy feeling... My hips will hurt as soon as I sit on the toilet which makes it fun as well. Good times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I try to remember to take a couple colace every day, my doc says its fine. Sometimes when I am so constipated a glycerin suppository (yuck I know) saves me all the straining and agony. Use it only as last resort and doc says its fine. I have always had problems w constipation, am 34 weeks, so far so good but know that issue is miserable...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"