November 2012 Moms
Options

Ladies in the path of Leon

How are you holding up? It started snowing maybe an hour ago  (central NC).

Re: Ladies in the path of Leon

• Options
    I hope today goes better for you ladies! I can't believe how much snow and cold you're getting. Meanwhile, we've been having the hottest summer since they began recording temperatures (I'm in Brazil). We have a high of 34°C or 92°F today. Still better than you guys, at least we can drive places.
  • Options
    Chickie79 said:
    It started snowing here (just SW of Atlanta) around noon and just stopped. We still have power and water thank goodness. 

The problem is the roads. Hubby left work at 1 and still not home. Lots of stranded drivers everywhere here. Hoping you get it easier than we did. This is horrific!

When did your husband get home?  I saw the roads out of Atlanta were a mess!  I hope he was lucky and didn't get stuck.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We ended up with about half the snow we thought we would get, but it is freezing.  The town is shut down, but the power is fine.
  • Options
    Chickie79 said:
    @datagirl79 - 4:30 this morning! One of his coworkers is just now getting home. 26 hours in the car.

Thats horrible!  Wow! 

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Chickie79 said:
    @datagirl79 - 4:30 this morning! One of his coworkers is just now getting home. 26 hours in the car.
    dear god. I missed this the first time. That is awful!
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    edited January 2014
    I didn't know what Leon was, so I missed this the first time. :)

DH convinced me to work from home the day of the storm, and I was grateful to be home with DS. It took DH 7.5 hours to get home from work (normally 45 minutes, 22 miles).

@Chickie79 - glad your H made it. I know a lot of people who either had to stay where they were, sleep in the car, or abandon their car and walk home. My friend is a HS teacher, and he had to spend the night in the school because they didn't make the decision to close the school until it was too late.

So we've had fun playing in the snow. DH is going back to work today, and I'll be working from home still. My boss is the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"