January 2013 Moms
Options

First Overnight Away?

Who has done a full night away from LO?

My mom has offered to come over and stay with DD overnight for the Saturday of Valentine's weekend.  DH and I will go out with friends to dinner and a comedy club and then I am going to suprise him with the overnight part at a hotel. 

I am already freaking out about it.

I know she will get up with her when she gets up at night (in fact, grandma probably over-cuddles and I worry about her not sleeping as well once we get back) and I am glad she is coming to our house but I still worry.  I really only accepted because I want a full night's sleep and a chance to sleep in!

Anyone done this aleady?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First Overnight Away?

• Options
    Not yet but I would jump at the chance if my mom lived close enough to do this for me. 

• Options
    We did at about 7 months. And we will again in March. DD stayed with my parents and had a great time. She will do the same this time. We didn't go too far away so it was nice knowing if we needed to we could come back. We had a great time. And I hope we will have another great trip in March.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the encouragement and good stories!  My parents live in town and watch DD often so my mom and I had been talking about doing overnights at our house every once and a while at first and then "graduate" to nights at their house this summer.  Our goal is for DH and I to take a little vacation together this fall for four or five days and I want DD (and myself!!) to be comfortable with me gone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Both kids have stayed overnight about once a month at my parents since around 4 months. It is nice to just get a night off and sleep in for once. I worried at first because DD was still waking at night, but my mom said I needed to get a full nights sleep once in awhile and she could handle getting up and giving her a bottle. And its true. She can get up just as easily as I do.

Also, we have never had any problems going right back to our normal routine. My mom cuddles and holds DD a lot more than I do.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    We did a night around 6 months where DS stayed at my sisters. Then DH and I went to Mexico a few weeks ago for a full week and DS stayed with my sister for a few days and my parents for a few days. He was fine. The initial good bye was hard for me on the week long vacation but once we got headed to the airport I was good. I knew he was happy and safe so we were able to really enjoy our alone time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Heck ya!  MIL lives about 10 miles away and DS has had about 5 sleepovers in the last six months.  He generally sleeps better at Gram's house and even when he is fussy, she relishes the time she gets to cuddle and comfort him.

It has not had any affect on DSs sleeping habits - and in fact, it let us know that he was capable of STTN when he did it TWICE for Gram before he ever did it for us because she can't jump up and go to him.

ENJOY IT!  Enjoy your sleep; enjoy the fact that LO has grandparents who are positively involved.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not yet, still nursing and it's just so much easier to be around at night and in the morning. We go out a lot but never through the morning. She's also pretty easy to travel with so everywhere we've gone I've been really excited to bring her with us.

I know DD would be fine [aside from my wanting to nurse her instead of pumping/bottles] but we're going to wait until she's completely weaned to go off without her.
  • Options
    Yeah we did a few months ago for a night, close to home. My sister watched Norah. She ended up sleeping through the night that night (go figure) which was good though. I was nervous but it was only for one night so it worked out well. My H and I enjoyed it. It was good to get away from the mommy stuff for a short time.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    We did last weekend. It was great!

We left him with grandma and met up with some friends out of town, went out for the night and stayed in a hotel. We had a blast.

I'm still breastfeeding (only about twice a day) so I was nervous that leaving would affect it, but it was fine. We wound up going almost 48 hours without nursing, but were able to pick right back up.

Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"