One & Done: Only child
Options

Magazines

Anyone read any magazines?

I have a magazine addiction. I subscribe to 5 of them :)

I get Shape, Fitness, Food Network, Taste of Home and Every Day with Rachael Ray.

See the trend? Health and food :P
E+C
(+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
TTC

Re: Magazines

• Options
    I really like taste of home!! I also get better homes and garden. 
  • Options
    I pay for Food Network and get random free subscriptions to Parents, Parenting, Every Day with Rachael Ray and Martha Stewart Living.  I typically leaf through most of them and then recycle/take them to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am a magazine addict.  I subscribe to Next Issue this app on the iPad where for $10 a month you get an unlimited number of subscriptions to magazines that participate.

My alltime fave is Real Simple.  Such pretty pictures!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love reading magazines currently I get self, shape, cosmo, family circle, glamour, people, allure, essence and parents. Most of them I got for free by doing surveys online or getting them discounted on amazon( I got a year of cosmo for $5 on amazon).
  • Options

I am a magazine addict.  I subscribe to Next Issue this app on the iPad where for $10 a month you get an unlimited number of subscriptions to magazines that participate.

My alltime fave is Real Simple.  Such pretty pictures!

@legalbeagle1 - I was looking at this app. Do you recommend it? Most of my magazines are listed, plus some others I would love to read.  Any cons for you?  Do the magazines stick around for a month, or can you always access them? Sometimes it takes me over a month to get to mine, so I would need them there awhile..
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    I love celebrity trash magazines. It's my guilty pleasure. I live for my monthly trips to the salon just for the magazines. As a joke, my husband got me a subscription to Us and I love it.

• Options
    @Chapter79 I think you can always access them.  I have my app on a setting where it only stores 12 at a time so if you download a new one the oldest one disappears, but I think you always have online access if that makes sense.  I definitely go through periods where I don't have time and then catch up and I've never not been able to download something I wanted.  I don't think it has all back issues though -- maybe just the past year?
  • Options
    @Chapter79 I think you can always access them.  I have my app on a setting where it only stores 12 at a time so if you download a new one the oldest one disappears, but I think you always have online access if that makes sense.  I definitely go through periods where I don't have time and then catch up and I've never not been able to download something I wanted.  I don't think it has all back issues though -- maybe just the past year?
    @legalbeagle1 - ok one more question for you, if you don't mind!  How do you save pages when you start a magazine? I never finish in one sitting. Is there some form of bookmarking to save your spot in each one?  I'm 90% sure I want to do this, I have SO many magazines floating around and this would be much easier.  And I'd love to have access to so many magazines!
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    Hmm...let me check tonight.  I usually just read a magazine straight through in one sitting or am interrupted and don't get back to it right away so have forgotten where I am!  I'll download two and try to read a little in one and then the other.  It is really easy to navigate around the magazine though.  They have a scroll bar on the bottom to flick through the contents.  I also like it because there are videos embedded for certain things -- like exercises in a fitness mag.  So helpful!  Also, and this is my prob with being a magazine junkie, I was getting stressed at receiving magazines and then having them just sit around in piles until I read them.  This way if I am too busy one month I might just skip those issues but not have the physical/mental clutter.  Yes, I am a crazy person.
  • Options
    haha I understand!
    Ifffff you don't mind, please check that out for me. That would be the only thing to hold me back. I typically read for maybe 10 minutes and then stop, and go back to it later or the next day. I don't sit very long, I like to break up my reading in chunks.  So if there's no way for me to save my spot in the magazine, it'd be harder for me :)
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    I really want to get Nat Geo. I'm worried though with shipping them over here they'll be a month old before I receive them.
  • Options
    I get 2 magazines delivered to me at work from a coworker.  They are Family Fun and Parenting.  Her son is my age so I have no idea why she gets them but she gives them to me. There are currently 4 of them on my desk that haven't moved since she gave them to me.  Eventually I will get around to leafing through them. That is the extent of my magazine reading.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I've been over 20 subscriptions at a time. I love magazines. I'm trying to transition to electronic, especially since there is no recycling in my small town. Right now I get (on paper) The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Vogue, Working Mother, Parenting, Parent & Child, three different Taste of Homes, and Food & Wine. That's really small for me. DH gets The Week and Rolling Stone.
  • Options
    And I'm still cranky that about half a dozen parenting magazines went out of business right before LO was born. Thanks to the 2008 crash. Ditto all the good shelter magazines right before we bought the house.
  • Options
    Regarding reading magazines online, many public libraries now have subscriptions to Zinio. So you get free access via the library website. Each library pays per title, so not everything on the Zinio website is available from every library. I'm trying to figure out how to submit requests to mine.
  • Options
    @chapter79 yes! It saves your place! Get it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"