Trouble TTC

Had HSG today

Got my HSG done today. It was pretty painful for me but, luckily, the pain doesn't last long. There is no blockage at all so that's a relief but even my doctor said "so why aren't you getting pregnant?" I know, right!?!?! I'm glad there's no blockage but I almost feel even more frustrated....at least if there was blockage there would be an explanation. Anyway, I have to make an appointment with my doctor to meet with him at the office to discuss where we go from here. He said he will most likely put me on Clomid. More waiting and still no answers....how frustrating!
TTC since January 2013 HSG January 2014-Fallopian tubes are clear DH S/A was all good Waiting for RE to receive records and then will make appointment with him-everything so far has been done with OB/GYN

Re: Had HSG today

• Well that's frustrating but glad still the HSG went well! Maybe it's possible your ovaries just need a little assistance! I don't remember what you posted the other day. Did you do u/s already?

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • What does the u/s do? My doctor never mentioned doing that.
    TTC since January 2013 HSG January 2014-Fallopian tubes are clear DH S/A was all good Waiting for RE to receive records and then will make appointment with him-everything so far has been done with OB/GYN
  • Loading the player...
  • A vaginal ultrasound will show what's going on in the uterus and with the ovaries. Are you seeing an OB or an RE? My first HSG was perfect and my OB gave me clomid for a few cycles. Nothing worked and I felt discouraged for a while. When I did the u/s with the RE, he immediately saw I had PCOS as well as fibroids which both were contributing to my IF.

October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • The best part about an HSG is when it's over! I still have flashbacks from mine. One of the most painful things I've ever had done but you are right, at least it doesn't last long!! Have you had a SA done yet? If you are going to do Clomid with an OBGYN, definitely ask about the monitoring process, just a progesterone level isn't enough! Hopefully you won't need it though and this will be your month! Good luck!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• I am seeing an OB. Do not have an RE. I was advised from someone in a previous discussion to find an RE...do you ladies agree? Am I possibly wasting my time by using my OB? Can my OB refer me to an RE or do I have to find one on my own?
  • Absolutely (to all questions), lol... I started seeing an RE in 2009 (it's only been so long because I took time off to deal with my emotional issues related to this) and that was long before I found this board, and even then I remember thinking how it was crazy that after all that time with the OB we found answers just like that with the RE and came up with a concrete plan. It was seriously such a good decision and even though I love my OB, I was sort of frustrated that she never mentioned it earlier or attempted a vaginal ultrasound (I don't know if she has the ability to do that or not), but it seemed like that should have been done so much earlier.

Have you been TTC for a year? Your OB should be able to refer you, but just check with your insurance because if they don't require a referral you could always just call around.

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • I had my HSG recently too... at least it's quick. That sonogram thing took forever, not painful, just awkward. I'm seeing an OB right now also, I'll probably get a referral to an RE soon though based on everyone's advice, I'm in a smallish town though and will have to drive an hour to the nearest RE.
    Me: 28 DH:29 Nov 2012- started TTC Jan 2014- HSG normal, SA normal, sono dx PCOS Feb 2014- started 1st cycle monitored Clomid
  • Yes, we have been TTC for about 13 months. I think I will ask my OB about an RE when I see him next week.
  • Yay, I think you will be very happy with seeing an RE. Keep us updated!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Congrats on the all-clear! I know what you mean though - it's a relief and a frustration at the same time.

Definitely go see an RE before you do any type of treatment. Taking Clomid from an OB is usually a bad idea. They don't specialize in infertility, so they often do not do all of the proper initial testing and monitoring. An RE will do blood work, ultrasounds, and a semen analysis for your H before you do any type of treatment. Once you start treatment, they'll monitor your progress with more b/w and u/s to protect your health and make sure that you're making the most of your treatment cycles.

Good luck!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• I am seeing an OB. Do not have an RE. I was advised from someone in a previous discussion to find an RE...do you ladies agree? Am I possibly wasting my time by using my OB? Can my OB refer me to an RE or do I have to find one on my own?

Yes yes yes. See an RE, the only reason I'd hold off is what your insurance coverage is, if you get more covered with the ob, than the RE. Makesure you're really monitored while on clomid. :D

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
  • I also had my HSG yesterday. Congrats on a clear test! (Mine was clear as well)

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I had my HSG recently too... at least it's quick. That sonogram thing took forever, not painful, just awkward. I'm seeing an OB right now also, I'll probably get a referral to an RE soon though based on everyone's advice, I'm in a smallish town though and will have to drive an hour to the nearest RE.

I have to drive 1.5 hours each way to see my RE - but it is totally worth it, trust me.  They have the technology and expertise to handle infertility.  I saw an OB for my first IUI and it was an absolute disaster.  My RE is much more competent in this regard.  They're very good about monitoring and staying in touch, and they know how time sensitive these procedures are.

Good luck!!

• The best part about an HSG is when it's over! I still have flashbacks from mine. One of the most painful things I've ever had done but you are right, at least it doesn't last long!! Have you had a SA done yet? If you are going to do Clomid with an OBGYN, definitely ask about the monitoring process, just a progesterone level isn't enough! Hopefully you won't need it though and this will be your month! Good luck!
    ME TOO. That test was awful. I remember thinking "OMG, is this was childbirth feels like" LOL. I made the mistake of going alone (I had no idea that it was a big deal) and I almost passed out
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"