LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Please share with us any 10 things on your mind today. Whatever tickles your fancy! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• 1. Yesterday my doctor's office gave me a prescription for Tamiflu.  They weren't sure if I had the flu or not, but didn't want to take any chances.  By that point I was feeling achy and I went home from work early and conked out in bed for a few of hours.

2. Then my wife made me dinner and I puked everything up.

3. I am trying some toast which is the first food I have eaten (and not thrown up) since about 3 pm yesterday.  Hoping it stays down.  If I can't keep anything down, I can't take any of my meds (including the Tamiflu).  I didn't take my vitamin last night and I threw up my Prozac.

4. I feel like Mr. Baby is holding my immune system hostage.

5. I keep worrying that my illness is something dangerous to my baby, like toxoplasmosis or something.  (The flu can be dangerous, but the Tamiflu should probably help protect us if it is the flu).

6. I wish there was a ginger ale delivery service.

7. There are brownies in the kitchen and I keep wanting to eat one, but realize it could go badly.

8. TTT is exhasuting.  I think I am going back to bed.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello All!  

1. I hope you are staying warm, its -20 here in Ohio today.  I can't even begin to think about going outside today.

2. I only have one baby today, it seems like a breeze since I had 4 kids here yesterday.

3. I have been watching a little boy thru the foster agency, but only part time for a couple of weeks now.  He is a good baby and gets a long great with the other child I watch full time.  I talked to the 'caretakers' last night about possibly watching him on a permanent basis.  I am crossing my fingers :-)

4. We got a call to take twin 8 month old little girls just for the weekend.  We are super excited, but there is going to be an overlap and I will have 4 kids under the age of 1.  Whewie, I am not sure how I am going to handle that!

5. Going thru training to be foster parents they talk about dealing with kids that are abused, neglected, ect.  I thought that I would be more prepared for that, but I am realizing I am not.  The other hardest part is reading about the abuse, especially in the babies.  It just breaks my heart.  It is hard for me to say no to keeping a child right now because I want them to know love, even if it is only for a few days.  

6. I am usually an anxious person and worry about everything.  It is strange that since finding out I am pregnant I just keep thinking things will work out, and they have.  I have been so much more relaxed and I hope this continues.  

7. The insurance company is still evaluating the damage caused by my wife's car accident, but it is totaled.  We are just waiting to see how much we get for it.  We are glad its totaled because the car had a bunch of little stuff wrong with it that was going to cost us too much money to fix.

8. Oh I am 9 weeks pregnant today!  Over two months!  It still doesn't feel real at times.

9. We finally found an OB we liked and we have our first appointment on Feb 14th, happy V-Day to us!  lol

10. I am keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the cold that the babies seem to have right now, or the flu that other people keep talking about.  Knock on wood, I have been lucky this winter.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
  • ball.and.chain I hope you feel better soon!
    HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1. I am so sorry to hear that you are so sick, @ball.and.chain. I hope that the tamiflu does the trick and that you are able to keep food and water down today. Just try to rest and let your wife take care of you and Mr. Baby! Sending you lots of get well thoughts!

2. I am thinking about @doodah1013 & @firstcomeslove2013 a lot today. I am really hoping for a good outcome at your u/s tomorrow. You both have been through so much, and you deserve this little chicken wing to stick around more than anyone can express in words. Please know I am thinking of you both and sending you lots of love and support.

3. @Trisholio - you certainly have your hands full on the child care front these days! I don't know how you are doing it while also experiencing the joys of the 1st trimester. You are awesome for taking on any short term placement from the foster agency no matter what. Those kiddos are lucky for any amount of time that they are in your and your wife's care.

4. Ummm... seems like I could do a whole 10 of just shout outs. Didn't plan that, it just happened! But while I am at it... @ATXmommas - I can't believe that your little guy is already 10 weeks and that you are getting ready to go back to work soon. I feel like you just had him! This really reminds me that time flies and my short little maternity leave is going to be over before I know it. I will definitely be thinking of you and your family as you head back to work, and will be anxious to hear about the transition.

5. I am 22 weeks today! My wife said this morning that my bump looked bigger to her today. Yesterday afternoon I had an OB appointment and I was anxious to talk to my Dr about weight gain, but I ended up having a really good appointment. Turns out I only gained 4 lbs in the last 5 weeks (which included Christmas - which is kind of a miracle), and she thinks that my weight gain is starting to slow down. She thinks that I am just the type of person that gains a lot at the beginning and then tapers off. That might be true -- that seems to be the pattern. I know I am making good choices and eating healthy at least 80-90% of the time, with minimal weekend splurges, so I feel like it will be OK. I will just have to deal with some heavy duty weight loss post-baby, and I am OK with that.

6. It is super freezing here in Philadelphia today too. Feels like -10 with the wind chill. It is so cold that the building I work in (which is an energy efficient building) is struggling to keep up with the demand for heat. It is pretty chilly in my office. I would like to put my coat back on, but I don't want to look like a crazy person. I just really don't like being cold!

7. My wife and I are not sports people -- well, not sports-watching people, I should say. My wife used to play lots of sports in high school and college, but hasn't in a while... Anyway, the idea of watching the super bowl is just not exciting to us. We have decided on Sunday that we are going to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet with our dog, and we are going to make some fun appetizers and I am going to bake a few treats and we are going to make a little occasion out of it just us, just because we can. I know this sounds silly to some, but I am really excited about it!

8. I slept for 5 hours straight last night without waking up. That is unheard of for me since before Christmas time. It was great. I went to bed early because I was feeling really overtired, and I slept like a rock from 9pm-2am. I didn't even hear my wife come up to bed. I woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom and from then on I didn't really sleep too much, but the fact that I slept for 5 hours before that without interruption made last night feel like a victory. It is kind of annoying that so many people say "get lots of sleep now while you are pregnant, because once that baby comes..." -- Do you know how much I would LOVE to sleep like 10 hours a night every night in prep for this baby? Or even 7 or 8 hours a night of solid sleep? That would be amazing! Unfortunately, the minute I got pregnant I lost the ability to sleep through the night and it seems to get worse as the pregnancy progresses. If it isn't being uncomfortable, then it is being too hot or cold, or having to pee every 2 hours, or getting cramps in my legs, or just plain being awake with my mind racing and not being able to shut it off. Anywho... I just fear that I am already going to be sleep deprived before baby even arrives, and that worries me a little.

9. My wife thinks that she is getting a cold. She was kind of miserable this morning. She took airborne and I am hoping for the best. She is not notorious for being a good patient. I also, selfishly, REALLY don't want another cold. Also, I have several sick co-workers, and the darn receptionist at my OB's office yesterday sounded like she was on death's door. So far I am fine, but I appear to be surrounded by sickness, and it makes me want to quarantine myself for the rest of the winter!

10. Reading the parenting check-in makes me want to take our little one to swimming lessons when she is old enough. I didn't take swimming lessons as a kid until I was 7 years old, and I didn't really take to it then. I can swim, but not super well. I would really love for our kids to have a love for the water at a young age and hopefully be good little swimmers when they are little. I am excited about this now!

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • KH826 I am not sure how I am keeping up with all these babies and dealing with the exhaustion of the 1st trimester.  I am tired ALL the time!  I usually take a nap with the two boys in the morning (which I am getting ready to do) and I spend most evenings on the couch doing nothing.
    As for sleeping thru the night, I feel your pain!  I have suffered with insomnia for years and have tried many different types of sleeping medications.  I stopped taking my prescription sleeping medication about 6 months ago due to really wanting to not be on drugs while TTC.  I am just not the type of person that sleeps well and that is no different now that I am pregnant.  I thought being so tired I would sleep like a rock, uh nope!
    I wish blissful sleep to everyone!
    HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

• 1.  Last week was Snowmageddon here in Central Texas, so I guess today is Icemageddon.  Schools are closed again, which means Z's work is closed.  While I love having her home, her work makes them take leave when the powers that be close the office due to the weather.  Just seems really unfair for her to have to burn 16 hours of leave when she has no choice but to stay home.  Argh.

2. I want Z to have plenty of leave because she plans to take a week to go visit her family in Mexico this spring, and I really want to take a trip this summer to the west coast - maybe Seattle & San Fran - to get legally hitched.

3. I hope my mom can come to Austin during the week that Z will be gone.  Not sure that I'll be ready for a week alone with LO by then!

4. @KH826 - I can't believe it either.  I'm sooo not ready for this transition.  But, I guess I'll never be ready.  Sigh.

5. @HBM - 9 consecutive or total hours?  That's impressive either way!

6.  LO has had a pretty predictable nighttime routine, but last couple nights have been exceptions.  He's waking up more often.  Not sure what is going on and I hope he returns to his normal routine soon!  I don't think our LO is going to be a STTN baby any time soon.  And that's okay, of course.  As long as I get to sleep early with him, I'm usually okay.

7.  While I love college FB, I could not care less about the Super Bowl.  We won't be watching unless we end up hanging out with friends, which will for us will be about hanging out, not watching the game.

8. We just found out that one of Z's good friends from high school is pregnant after 3 difficult years of TTC.  We are over the moon happy for her.  It has been such a struggle for her.

9. The heat in our house is so strange.  It works really well (too well) upstairs, but the only place downstairs that ever feels heated is the tiny half bathroom.  We'll be camped up upstairs today!

10. My lovely wife just walked in the door with a salted caramel latte for me.  Since she had gotten ready for work and defrosted her car before she was notified of the closure, she made a trip to get one for me.  Now time to enjoy!

Stay warm, everyone.

• 1. @ball.and.chain I hope you feel better soon. Toast and ginger ale are wonderful for you and if you can get your hands on some fresh ginger, pop a slice into hot tea for your nausea. 

2. @trisholio I'm so impressed by your ability to give love to so many children. You are saving the lives of every abused child you care for, and they are very fortunate to have you. 

3. I have a stye in my lower eyelid and it hurts. This is not something I've dealt with before, so if anyone knows how to relieve the pain and redness, I would appreciate it! 

4. As someone who loves the outdoors, I am so completely sick of this weather. It is -4 with a wind chill of -22 right now and it is sunny, but too cold to be outside. I am going stir crazy.  I am really ready for spring! 

5. We did two at home inseminations this weekend and thankfully, it appears that fertility friend agrees with our timing. My temps are strong, so we will see. If this cycle doesn't work out, I am hoping to switch medications and hope for an actual response. 

6. Now that I am almost 100% health-wise, I can finally start my yoga/indoor biking routine again. This makes me very happy. 

7. I started watching "Call the midwife" and love it. Netflix is awesome!

8. I made homemade pizza last night, with homemade dough. It was incredibly easy and although it is not low carb, it was cheap and at home. 

9. I'm still trying to stay in the low carb/low sugar routine, but it is really difficult. I'm really working on it, so that counts, right?

10. That's all from me today!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• 3. I have a stye in my lower eyelid and it hurts. This is not something I've dealt with before, so if anyone knows how to relieve the pain and redness, I would appreciate it! 
    My wife gets these all the time, and they make her miserable! The best thing that I can recommend is to put your head back on a pillow and put a warm wet compress (like a washcloth) over your eye for at least 10 minutes at a time. Try to make the compress as warm as you can stand it. Later on, make sure you use a new clean washcloth before you do this again. I have also heard of people putting warm tea bags on their eye for a stye, but we haven't tried this before. Hope it goes away soon!

• Thank you @KH826!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• JGYJGY member

1. @ball.and.chain feel better!

2. Last week I developed some kind of reaction to my wedding ring, so I'm wearing it on my right hand until my finger heals up.  It just feels wrong.

3. Last night Gabe decided he absolutely would NOT go to bed at the normal time.  I was nursing him and he kept falling asleep, then jerking himself awake and immediately trying to sit up and squirm off my lap.  He did this about 5 times until I gave up and brought him back downstairs again.  He stayed up for an extra hour and a half before finally going down.  BUT then he slept through the night (I think, honestly I sometimes forget whether I've gotten up with him or not).  Unfortunately, that meant he was up at 5:15am for the day.  Poor little guy is all screwed up, he then proceeded to fall asleep on the way to daycare.

4. I think Gabe has another ear infection.  Grrrr to the surgery scheduler who hasn't called me back.

5. It feels like -40 here today with the wind chill.  Schools are closed again.  Someone FINALLY wrote in to the paper with an editorial that basically said "Hey you privileged, entitled, a's ... this isn't about you!  This is about the people who don't have warm cars for their kids to ride or wait in, or (gasp) appropriate clothing for their kids to wear while they walk a mile to school!"  I totally get the hassle of dealing with childcare when school is cancelled, trust me I do, but venture outside your own little bubble for 5 seconds, okay?  Rant over.

6.  Once again I am battling a huge lack of focus and motivation at work.  What else is new?

7.  Despite the fact that I found 6 things to say above, all of my thoughts today are really centered around some friends of mine.  They moved far away for a job, spent over a year actively  TTC, finally got pregnant (yay), and now have found out that their baby girl has a congenital diaphragmatic hernia.  This is devestating news.  I have been researching as much as I can so I can be as supportive as possible, but it seems like so many of the treatment options are still experimental. 

8.  Since my friends are currently living in an area where they have no family, I wish they'd come back here for treatment/medical opinions.  I might suggest that.

9.  I have no idea what I can do to help them, aside from being an ear and educating myself the best I can.

10. If any of you out there know anything about this condition or treatment/surgery for it, let me know!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• 1. B&C I hope you feel better soon, that sounds miserable. Sending healing thoughts your way

2. Some friends of ours, the one who introduced J and I actually, are going to start TTC in a few months and I am soooooo excited. It's going to be so fun for our kiddos to grow up with all of our friends kiddos and have friends who have donors too. 

3. We had dinner and hung out with them on Saturday night and gave them all of our TTC books and offered our advice and support.  

4. We asked my sister to consider moving back to Utah to be our nanny. She lives in Seattle and with our stepmom dying and babies coming she is really wishing she could be around. We offered her quite a bit more than she is making now....she just has to talk her boyfriend into it. 

5. I started working on our taxes and it looks like we would have a much bigger refund if we were single. Bummer. We changed our withholdings for this year with the baby coming so we should be bringing in a little more each paycheck now. 

6. I'm a little stressed about money and expenses. We don't have any debt really only than our mortgage and student loans, but somehow we never have much to save. I know we'll make childcare fit in, but right now it seems impossible.

7. @KH826 I know what you mean about sleep. Mine has been terrible for the past 16 weeks. I got better sleep last night and by better I mean probably 5 hours. I really wish I could find a way to sleep. If it's not waking up to pee, it's being uncomfortable or just plain old insomnia. If anyone has tips or suggestions I'm all ears. 

8. There is a rally for marriage equality tonight at the capitol. I can't decide if I want to go or not. I'm usually very politically active and a social justice activist/advocate but for some reason I just don't want to go. Maybe it's because I know our legislature won't care how many of us show up in support or not, they won't change their minds.

9. I forgot my breakfast on the counter this morning. All I've had is a banana and I'm starving. Too early for lunch? 

10. I really need to get started on the mural for the baby's room. Motivation where are you?

• Thanks everyone for the get-well wishes! I am happy to report that I was able to eat some soup for lunch and so far, so good. I'm still exhausted but my temp is down, I snuck a PNV in and I'm able to drink more water. Now back to bed...
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1. So I feel like I have a chest cold settling in. Seriously??? All through cold and flu season around here while I am not pregnant and I get nothing. First sign of pregnancy and here it comes.  Crap

2. I am exhausted but not sleeping which in turn makes me a bit of a grouchy biznatch. I am really trying, but sometimes end up being ornery with my DW just because I have had to hold it in all day.

3. Was sitting in a data meeting all day with my administration. God I hate numbers, whole reason I majored in English Literature LOL.

4. I know all of my Northern bumpies will probably roll their eyes, but hell---there's a reason I live in Florida. I am sick of the cold. The high tomorrow is suppose to be 55*. It is like the state of Florida's weather system is bipolar. High is 74* today and in the 50's tomorrow??? It has been going like this for the past month (also probably the culprit for my cold)

5. I am trying to sell my house. When M and I moved in together I owned my own home and she did not. Right before we got married, she bought a house and we moved into that one. I have been renting my house for the past 2 years and just decided I really do not want to deal with that anymore. We had it on the market for about a week and it is already under contract! As long as it appraises for the amount they offered it will be a done deal in about 30 days!  Yay!!!!

6. M and I are going to go look at baby furniture in about an hour. I know it is really early, but we just want to get an idea of what we are looking at and how we will need to rearrange one of our bedrooms to make the best of it. It also helps keep me occupied and feeling like I am doing something instead of just sitting around and waiting for the next beta test.

7. My w-2 finally came in and I was able to file my taxes! Yay! Apparently H&R Block says that the IRS isn't accepting any returns until Jan 31st...Thank goodness that is only 3 days away. We could use that money to start planning for our future.

8.The superbowl is this weekend. While I am a UF Gator (college football) fanatic, I could care less about pro ball. I agreed to go to a superbowl party at a local tavern b/c I know M would really like to go and hang out with our friends. This was before we found out, now I have to figure out a way to refuse the shots from our friends without telling them. Luckily I almost never drink (and hate beer) so I am hoping to get a pass there.

9. My birthday is next week (Feb 5th). M asked if I wanted to do anything special, but there really isn't anything I can think of and truly would rather save the money than go to a theme park (she usually takes me to Sea World---although I get in free LOL) and just spend a quiet weekend at home. Plus, as mentioned in #4) it is suppose to be too cold for me to want to go out.

10. Last but not least, I cannot wait to just go home and relax. I think we will take the boys (our furbabies) for a walk. They get so darn frisky when the temps drop LOL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• ball.and.chain....feel better soon!

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• GoaliesWife123...we would put a warm, damp compress on the eye to soothe it

• @themommymonster...
    First, I cannot believe that woman. Count your blessings
    Second, I LOVE CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY! and I was not aware there was an online version!!!

• KLeigh1 said:

7.  Does anyone have bad allergies?  I do and have been afraid of taking anything.  At night, I have taken Benadryl a couple of times that has helped but I always feel guilty.  I do feel much better though the next day, physically. 

I have horrible allergies and the RE has told me they don't even want me taking benadryl if I can help it. I have caved 2x and taken them anyhow. I, too, feel incredibly horrible later but not as bad, health-wise

• 1. CD 37...when my period will start is the top thing on my mind 24/7 lately. I am never late like this. I called the RE's office yesterday and went for a blood test this morning. My progesterone is 5.5, indicating that I did ovulate on my own. Not sure what is causing the lengthy cycle. I will start 10mg of Provera tonight.

2. @ball.and.chain - I hope you feel better!

3. C and I went to the mall after my appointment. She is playing in an alumni basketball game this weekend and needs some boob support (44F). Needless to say, not easy to find. We went to Lane Bryant and found two that will work...at $47 each! Thankfully it was buy one get one half off. One provides support and the other holds them in place. I keep telling her she needs to get a reduction but she isn't for it...only because she hates needles and doesn't want surgery. It would help her back so much. I asked her if she would want to do induced lactation and she doesn't want to. I'm not sure what we would do if they got any bigger...

4. My SIL is starting the over haul of our house this week. I started on the kitchen this weekend and it is starting to look much better.

5. My Mom told me today that my half brother (42) just found out he has diabetes pretty bad. My dad does and so did my grandpa. Can we say motivation to really get myself under control!?!? I'm not interested in having diabetes.

6. I went in to the dressing room with C to help with the bras and there was the cutest outfit hanging on the door. Needless to say, I walked out with it :). It was a new arrival so each piece was 30% off. We opened a card there and got an additional 15% off. Not a bad deal really. It is a black and white calf length dress, empire waste, with a teal light sweater. I figured the dress will help with upcoming bloating and hopefully potential baby bump. I never wear dresses any more (many icky home visits) but I couldn't resist. Now I need new shoes...

7. We are thinking of taking a vacation to Florida in March. C used to live there and wants to visit friends. She used to ride horses in the Lippizan Show. My wife used to be a circus/fair performer. To see pictures of her in uniform and now are so different.

8. I have been exercising at least every other day for the past week. I feel better already.

9. We are taking my car to the dealer on Saturday. They keep trying to get me to trade in. I haven't tried yet, because I am pretty sure it won't be a good deal for us. It is a 2011 and I have almost 88,000 miles on it. It had 17 when I bought it. I doubt they will offer us enough to make upgrading worth it. I have a 10 year/100,000 power train warranty that will obviously expire soon. I drive a lot for work. We want to have a vehicle with the warranty at all times for me if possible. I already have a new Sportage picked out, so I hope it all works out. I could end up with C's and she could get the new one though. She drives less than I do and I don't see the sense in racking up the miles on a new one. Her Sportage is only a year old. I kind of want the new one though.

10. We are thinking of moving so we can be in a place where we can ride the motorcycle almost all year. I would do it. I would love to move to CA but that might be a little too far for now. We are thinking of places south that are within reasonable driving distance.

One more....
    11. I was very impressed that the staff at Lane Bryant never uttered one word when I walked into the dressing room with C. The sales lady even went and got me the dress and sweater to try on. C won't try on anything without my help and I always get antsy a little when I just walk in with her.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• SweetPea0307SweetPea0307 member
    edited January 2014

1. I'm 6 dpiui, and I think most of the time I'm handling this TWW pretty well and not getting my hopes up too much.

2. But during those times I'm not handling it so well, I get way, way ahead of myself.  DW and I have already fantasized about how we'd tell our families if it works this time (we'd send Valentine's Day cards with the news written out on puzzle pieces to most of our family, and then for my mom, we'd wait at the gate for her with a sign saying "Grandma" when she comes to visit on the 15th).  Probably not the best thing for our sanity.

3. I can't believe my mom and her husband are coming from CA to visit us in Boston in the middle of February.  I'm happy to see them, but that just seems... crazy.

4. I hope it snows more between now and then. The cold is so much more bearable when the world is gorgeously frosted in white.  Also, I don't have to shovel it or drive in it ;)

5. Haven't decided when to start testing this cycle.  Last cycle, I had so many fake "symptoms" that I ended up testing super early and often, even though all signs were pointing to us having missed O completely. I'm debating between this Sunday (11 dpiui) or waiting until FF says to (16 dpiui).  Any advice about what will make me less insane is greatly appreciated :)

6. Work is super stressful right now, but at least it's taking my mind off the TWW.  I'm really understaffed right now and of the positions that are filled on my team, half are new.  Also, I have to give a presentation to my boss's boss's boss's boss on Monday that I'm super nervous about.

7. DW and I are football fans, but we're also not planning to watch the Super Bowl.  We're still bitter about our beloved 49ers losing to the Seahawks =((

8. I think I might overuse emoji. I should work on that.

9. @shelly2134 I'm bummed to hear that about allergy meds. I usually have at least 1 week in the spring where allergies just kill me.

10. The news on the pregnancy check-in last night is heavy on my mind.  I can't imagine having to recieve such news. I'm really rooting for a miracle.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• 1. I'm still not feeling well after battling the stomach flu, I'm making toast and tea right now. I'm happy though that I've been keeping things down, for a while not even a sip of water would stay down :(. Hopefully Kaden will feel better soon too.

2. Being a sick Mom sucks - and that's with my wife doing the lions share over the weekend for K & I. I so appreciate her.

3. EV says I get a birthday redo (it was yesterday) because of the flu - yippee!!!

4. The first half of our trip to LA was great! Kaden was a champ in the car (it's about 5.5 hrs). And seeing our friends was so much fun. I really miss them, but their living situation is perfect for them and I'm happy that they have this opportunity.

5. I have a ton of homework and stuff piling up that I feel guilty for not doing - but I think another nap is imminent (especially if there's a long night ahead).

6. We're close to finalizing the details for our home birth (in terms of midwife contracts, etc). I'm so grateful and excited that we'll likely be planning the birth experience we want.

7. Crawling into bed is definitely the right way to go...
  • StacyLH24 ...where in Florida? That is where we live

• SweetPea0307 ...I know. I have horrible allergies almost all year round. This could be just the preference of my Dr, but IDK

• @shelly2314 - Daytona, Ridge Manor, Sarasota and Anna Maria Island.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• 1. I'm very sad for @firstcomeslove2013 and @doodah1013. @manada's heart and my heart are very heavy for them.

2. What @ball.and.chain is going through with illness while pregnant sounds horrible.

3. I think I'm starting to feel extra activity and bloating in my belly from follicle growth. But it could also be from all the comfort eating we've done the last few days

4. M and I have decided that if we don't have a successful IVF cycle we are taking the insurance company's payment on the meds (we pay up front and get reimbursed) and going on a real vacation. We need that money for a parental leave fund, but if we don't get pregnant, we can't take parental leave

5. M and I should probably get on the same page on what we mean by not having a successful IVF. (For instance, if we get a BFN on the initial ET but have good blasts frozen, do we still take a trip? A smaller one?)

6. I have mixed feelings about the deltoid IM injections my RE had me doing instead of the gluteal ones. They hurt more but it makes me feel like they're actually working because I can feel the meds going in.

7. I'm teaching another university course tomorrow (it is a class I used to teach that now has a new professor but he's on medical leave). I have to teach on his material but I haven't finished the readings because I got nothing done this weekend because I was in a miserable depressive funk. Thankfully I have a great and very relevant documentary to show for part of the class.

8. I have to get up at 6am to do laundry because I didn't get it done today and I need teaching clothes tomorrow.

9. I haven't actually let myself believe we are having an egg retrieval soon but hopefully we are

10. I'm glad I will be busy tomorrow so that I will have less time to be a opus about Thursdays follicle check.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • StacyLH24 Sarasota and Anna Maria are right in the neighborhood.

• @shelly2314 - Maybe we could meet up. We are looking to leave on March 7th and are driving down.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• @StacyLH24...that would be great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"