Pregnant after IF

Help me sleep!

Hi Ladies! 

I am 19 1/2 weeks, and I wake up at 4am everyday.  The problem is that I then can't go back to sleep!  Any helpful tips?  I call it secondary insomnia because I fall asleep fine, but then I am awake all day or go back to sleep around 8am on my days off.  I am so tired at work!

thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

Re: Help me sleep!

• I wake up at 5 am no matter what! It has been that way through my entire pregnancy and I am 34w3d.  Just wait for third tri, when you wake up every hour it seems.  It is like my body will only let me take little naps all night.  I take unisom, too, and without it I would sleep even worse.
  • I am suffering from the same thing!! I have no tips but thanks for posting as I could use some :)
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too, 5 o'clock and then I stare at the ceiling for an hour more before going back to sleep :(
  • Yeah, that happened to me for a few weeks.  It seemed to subside a bit after I I got myself positioned well in bed, regulated temps, etc., but now it's getting worse since I'm getting bigger.  The babies dance on my bladder all night, and -although I love feeling them kick- the kicking is distracting and makes it hard to go back to sleep.  Also, when I wake up in the night I'm usually STARVING, so that doesn't help.  But at least it helped for awhile - pillows between the knees, less blankets, etc.  It seems that a comfortable position also eases the pressure on my bladder.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • This was happening to me for a while, too, and I'm only a couple days behind you.  Are you sleeping with body pillow of any kind yet?  That's what eventually helped me, and now I've been sleeping through the night for the most part, and if I do wake up I go right back to sleep.  DH hates it because it takes up half the bed, but oh well! haha  Also, make sure the temperature in your bedroom is ideal for sleeping.  I'm a hot sleeper so I like my room cool, but some people are the opposite so it's however you're comfortable.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Ah what causes this? Mine isnt that bad but I toss and turn always and no matter what time I go to bed Im awake by 7 on my days off and am so tired all day. I didnt think that could start this early.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Yup, another 5 o'clock insomniac here. I have yet to figure out what to do to get back to sleep, I am just thankful it's not every morning!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel like I'm up all night long.  At lest 3-4 times to pee, and then I can never get comfortable again.  So my sleep for the past several months has been in 1-2 hour increments (sometimes even less!).  I would give anything to have 4 straight hours of sleep, one pee break, and another 4 straight hours of sleep, like I got before I was PG!   DH says that it's just my body preparing me to survive without sleep, but I don't like that answer ;o)

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

• I have found that it doesn't matter how much sleep I get because I never feel well rested the next day.  Sunday night I only woke up twice to pee and went back to sleep both times without a problem.  I got a full 8 hours and could hardly stay awake Monday.  Last night I was waking up every 1-2 hours to pee and struggling to fall back to sleep and feel just as tired!
  • Sorry that you all are feeling this way too!  I am not yet sleeping with a body pillow, but I really don't mind sleeping on my side.  I think DH had one and it might still be in our guest room...he'd be surprised to see that thing in bed again :)

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• me too! :( it's been happening a lot this past week - except i wake up btw 5 and 6 am (i normally wake up at 8 on good days) .... it stinks

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
  • Yep, welcome to my world! I'm up from 3-6am nearly every night. Not fun, but I try to think of it as training for when LO is here keeping me up all night. :)
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • I'm a 4:00 AM waker. DH thinks it's hypoglycemia, so I usually pour myself a glass of juice and eat a small bowl of cereal and lounge on the sofa watching bad tv. Works like a charm--I fall back to sleep within an hour and then wake up around dawn, when I crawl back into bed and fall asleep until DH gets up.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"