Why do you like it?
Pros/Cons?
Bonus points for links/pictures!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell me about your jogging stroller

• Options
    We have a BOB - single and duallie.

The single became our everyday stroller w the big one. We're not mall people, so I never used an umbrella stroller really. The BOB was it.

It is also the way to go when running. Running w a stroller is hard to do, but the maneuverability and "smooth ride" of the BOB makes it as easy as it can be.

The only con is size, I guess. It's not necessarily bigger than other joggers or other full size strollers but bigger than an umbrella stroller.

They're pricey, but IMO, worth it. Their customer service is phenomenal as well.

• Options
    Baby trend expedition. It's cheap, but it's great for jogging. But I ONLY use it for jogging. I use my britax b agile for zoos, shopping, museums. And my umbrellas for quick trips. If I was going to buy a stroller to use for jogging as well as, well, strolling, I would look into a BOB.

I'm kind of eyeing the double expedition now that I have 2.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    And yes. I have way too many strollers. I'm a craigslist stroller finder! So I have one for just about every occasion. Lol.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    I have the Graco stroller that my car seat connects to, which is what I use anytime we are out, especially since she is still using her infant carrier and I just click it on.  When she gets bigger, and we start using the convertible car seat, I'll probably use the umbrella stroller more.  I just know that come spring, when I get my butt jogging again, I can't use either one of the strollers that I have.  I don't want to spend a ton of money but I want something that is easy to use.

Anniversary

• Options
    Bob revolution all the way. Amazing!
  • Options
    We have the Baby Jogger Summit X3. We compared it to the Bob and this won hands down. It has a hand brake, independent suspension, and the front wheel locking mechanism is a flip of a switch rather than having to stop and bend down to lock the front wheel.
    We're both endurance athletes so needed something we could really use for running.

• Options
    We have a red bob revolution. I really like it. Very nice stroller. I highly reccomend.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Umm mine is still in the box.... So I'm no help. One day i will get back to running.
  • Options

We have the Baby Jogger Summit X3. We compared it to the Bob and this won hands down. It has a hand brake, independent suspension, and the front wheel locking mechanism is a flip of a switch rather than having to stop and bend down to lock the front wheel.
    We're both endurance athletes so needed something we could really use for running.

@lucyspeople, was there anything else (other than the things you mentioned in your post) that made you go with the Summit over the BOB? We're planning to buy a jogging stroller in the spring, and everyone I know has a BOB, so if love to hear why you went with the Summit. TIA!

• Options
    We have the Graco FastAction Jogger. I didn't want a travel system, so we got a jogger that his car seat connected to. I love it because it's pretty lightweight, the storage compartment is deep, the handle's at a great height, and there's a specific holder for your iPhone (handy for workouts). The BEST part for me is that the bar between the rear wheels is high enough that I'm not accidentally kicking it every five seconds. Hate that!

It's been an awesome stroller so far, but we've only had him in it in his infant seat. I feel like the true test of a stroller is during the toddler years. ;)

• Options
    @ayanahazel1

I read this one is heavy compared to others, is it true? I'm 5'0 and need something light and easy. I am leaning toward the BOB but I don't know anyone that has anything else as well.

• Options
    Baby trend expedition. It's cheap, but it's great for jogging. But I ONLY use it for jogging. I use my britax b agile for zoos, shopping, museums. And my umbrellas for quick trips. If I was going to buy a stroller to use for jogging as well as, well, strolling, I would look into a BOB. I'm kind of eyeing the double expedition now that I have 2.
    We have this one too. I don't jog but our roads and sidewalks are terrible in my area. So, it made sense to get something with a smoother ride. It's our only stroller. I use it for everything. We got it super cheap with the infant seat at burlington. I'm sure it comes without the seat though.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    Snowbird7Snowbird7 member
    edited January 2014
    Hey, @Speshul. I feel like it's pretty lightweight for me, BUT I've never had any other jogging strollers before. Also, I'm a bit overweight and am 5'5'', so what's heavy for me might be different than what's heavy for you! (Edited to add -- I'm also not a runner. I use the jogging stroller for power walking over rugged terrain.)

Do you have a Target nearby? That's where I "test-drove" ours. I wheeled it around the store and collapsed it, lifted it, carried it around, tested it out, etc. The Target Web site says the Graco stroller weighs 30 lbs while the Bob Revolution SE Single weighs 25 lbs. But sometimes I've found that sometimes those weights aren't really true to my perception (e.g., our car seat was supposed to weigh more than a different one, according to the box, but I thought it felt lighter). 

If you can test out the two in the store, that's usually how I make my ultimate decision. :)

• Options
    I have the Bob Revolution. I have used it a handful of times. We babywear most of the time still, so I'm probably not much help.If DD falls asleep in her carseat, I snap it on the stroller. I like the stroller, it is very smooth and maneuvers well.

@Speshul I am 5'2" and not very strong, and it's not too heavy for me. It does live in the trunk of my car though because I don't think I'd be able to take it up and down the stairs for each use. It is very easy to open. It pretty much falls out of the trunk and pops open, ready to use. 

It is expensive, so I hope to get more use out of it as DD gets older. I think checking CL like @BlueJewelM is a good idea.

• Options
    I just got this one a couple weeks ago and have used it a few times. So far, so good! The front wheel is fixed, which is a PITA if you're wanting to use it to say, push through the mall.. but fine for running, which is what I've been using it for exclusively. I like that the seat can be reclined so that DS can take a nap while we're out. The little speaker thing up between the cupholders is junk (just using your phone cranked up to max volume is just as loud), but I love the big basket on the bottom and the deep cup holders. Overall, I'd say it was a good buy.

• Options
    janneann1127janneann1127 member
    edited January 2014
    Another vote for BOB Revolution. Been using ours since 2010 and love it. It just rides and maneuvers so nicely. Note though that I don't do any actual jogging. :) I'm more of a walker.
  • Options
    I have a BOB. It's amazing!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"