September 2012 Moms
Options

Snow question

So, we don't usually get snow but there will be a good amount on the ground tomorrow. I want to let E out in it, at least for a quick bit. We don't own snow pants.

What would you dress him in?

He has a winter coat, mittens that aren't really water resistant, and he had either too-big rain boots or one pair of sneakers. Haha. We aren't really well prepared.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Snow question

• Options
    Extra pair of socks. Tight pj pants under some jeans. When he gets wet bring him in.
    Yep, plus the rain boots. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just layered Nola up today and she walked around in it for a few minutes. We were outside for probably 10-15 minutes. I wish we had a real snowsuit so she could stay out longer, but there's just no need to have one.

Anniversary

• Options
    In all honesty, Ellie doesn't like to be out for more than half an hour anyway in the snow. Layers and watch his hands. Have fun!!
                  image     image
  • Options
    In all honesty, Ellie doesn't like to be out for more than half an hour anyway in the snow. Layers and watch his hands. Have fun!!
                  image     image
  • Options
    Extra pair of socks. Tight pj pants under some jeans. When he gets wet bring him in.
    I agree as long as he can walk in them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Layers, layers, layers.  I hope he has fun!

• Options
    BPer said:
    Layers, layers, layers.  I hope he has fun!
    Exactly this!

DD has a snow suit and boots that are a little too big, so I actually did fleece footie PJ's, clothes over that, and then the snowsuit. Totally looked like Randy from A Christmas Story, but she stayed warm & dry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Success! Thanks for all the advice!

We layered and layered and he had a great time...until I got tired of being out there and made him come in.

• Options
    Exactly. If you do layers, he'll be warm and stay dry longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"