January 2013 Moms

Recipe swap

So im in a rut of making the same things over and over. Anybody have any great recipes you would like to share?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recipe swap

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My husband and I found this interesting pizza crust recipe using spaghetti squash! It was amazingly delicious and very healthy too! https://joandsue.blogspot.com/2013/03/spaghetti-squash-crust-pizza.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I am in such a rut too.. I feel like all we eat is pasta.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• DH really liked this one
    https://www.highheelsandgrills.com/2013/06/baked-parmesan-ranch-chicken.html?m=1ttp://

This one isn't a dinner thing, but it is really good. www.macaroniandcheesecake.com/2013/03/mini-corn-dog-muffins.html

DH said he loved these. I quite enjoyed the them too!
    https://southern.food.com/recipe/scalloped-potatoes-85629

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I make a really good chicken pot pie and chicken and dumplings. The other day I made Doritos crusted chicken oven fried it was really good. Anyway if anyone would like a recipe let me know and ill share.
  • Ooh. Chicken in dumplings.. That is going on my meal plan this week! I totally cheat and use grands biscuits to make the dumplings. Cut them into 4s, roll into balls and dump em in, and cook for another 20 minutes on a simmer. Other then that, just a normal chicken soup :)

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• My 2 fave crockpot chicken recipes:

Put 4-6 chicken breasts in crockpot. Top with ranch dressing mix and frank's buffalo sauce. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

4-6 chicken breasts
    Top with 1 bottle of sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of vinegar (mix that stuff first). Low for 4-6 hours.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Yum we had 4 inches of snow today so I will be making a yummy soup tomorrow
  • I made coconut crusted chicken in the over the other night. DH and DS both loved it. 

Take chunks of chicken and dip them into egg then roll them in a panko and sweetened coconut flake mixture. Bake them in the oven till the chicken is cooked through. I saw the recipe somewhere and forgot to save it, so I just eyed it measuring out the panko bread crumbs and coconut. Next time, I think I will add a little salt or seasoning salt to the mixture. But overall it was a hit and was pretty easy to come home after work and make. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • OK this is a grown up recipe swap but I wanted to post my toddler recipe since it was such a success this week! 

I wanted something to feed DD that was good for her, freezable (so DH can make it when I am gone at work!) and included some veggies since she is not good with eating many whole veggies yet.  This was a winner and has two options!  Super fast and easy and I made it in portions. 

Broccoli Cheese Quinoa Bites:

- one package quinoa (I used a vegetable quinoa package for easy seasoning) cooked per package instructions

- steamed broccoli (about 2 cups), chopped fine

- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

- 1 egg

Put the cooked quinoa, chopped broccoli, cheese and egg in a bowl and mix well.  The put mixture into muffin tins (mine made 11 in a 12 muffin pan). 

Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown.  (mine took 23).  I left three disks  in the fridge and microwaved for meals, the others I stored in ziplocks by twos for DH to thaw.  DD loved them! 

You could also use plain quinoa, grated apple and cheese for a sweeter version. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"