TTC after 35

35 TTC on 4th round of Clomid

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This is my first time on something like this, but being 35 and on my 4th cycle of 100mg of Clomid I needed some sort of reassurance. I've been really upset about not being able to get pregnant right away or even a few months, its been a year and I had the HSG done my tubes were clear & fine my doc said and my hubby's SA came back ok. I just want to know what i'm doing wrong, or anything yall know of that i can do different to help. Again this is my first time to this blog, and i just need some reassurance that everything will be okay. I've been really sad about this.

thanks for the support

Re: 35 TTC on 4th round of Clomid

• PS. no one in our family or friends know that we are TTC, and really dont want them too.  my friends seem to have not had any issues TTC, which makes it that much worse.
  • Welcome to the board. All the ladies here will tell you, if you aren't already, head to an RE. Your OB/GYN might prescribe clomid like candy, but it's not good to take and not be monitored! And with a lifetime max of 6 cycles on it, you might be wasting your chances. Best of luck to you!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Loading the player...
  • yes like pp asked... what kind of Dr are you seeing?  What other tests have you had run?   How long have you actually been trying?

Clomid isn't an easy fix and may not be appropriate for you... fertility issues are complex.  And yes while it is frustrating not to get pregnant "right way" or in a few months many of us on here have been trying for years.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Thank yall for your help.  Already have an appoinment with the RE on Feb 17th so fingers crossed!!!!

I didn't know that about the clomid, so thank you for telling me.  I started my dose today, which will make this my 4th month trying it... i didnt know that my obgyn will hand it out like that so very good to know..

THANK YOU!!!

• There are very knowledgeable members on here and I have learned a lot from posts. Best wishes to you on your journey. 
  • Unfortunately we can be doing everything right but still not get pregnant, sometimes it just doesn't happen and there's no explanation.  I got pregnant after 4 months TTC last December but it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy, so I had emergency surgery to remove it and lost my right tube in the process.  I've since had all the testing and nothing is wrong with anything, we've been TTC for almost a year now, charting/temping so I know we've had excellent timing pretty much every cycle, and have not had any luck.  It's frustrating, but not getting KU doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. 

Just a note about the clomid, PPs are right in that you can only take clomid for a LIFETIME MAX of 6 cycles.  Please find a proper RE that will work with you to find the best path forward instead of just throwing clomid at you without proper monitoring or informing you of the risks involved.  It is a risky drug, it can totally thin your lining and even affect your future fertility if not monitored properly.  If you just started today, I might even not go ahead with the rest of your pills this cycle and wait for your appointment with the RE in February before proceeding further - why waste a fourth out of only six possible cycles ever with a doctor who shouldn't be prescribing it in the first place?

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Welcome...usually Dr only prescribe clomid too for 6 cycles because if your gonna get pregnant 75%of women do within 4 cycles...tell your re how many cycles you have already done he will probably change meds. Good luck!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I did 4 rounds if clomid. I personally felt like it didn't help, so I stopped taking them. But best of luck to you this cycle
  • Thank you everyone..... baby dust to all of us.. I'll keep y'all updated.  I go to the RE on Feb 17th. so fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"