3rd Trimester

33 weeks, baby stopped growing, steroid shots, delivery expected between 34-37 weeks

Hi fellow moms-to-be,

My bambino has stopped growing and is the 5th percentile. I have been monitored 2x a week (full biophysical profiles) for the past three weeks. Yesterday I was told that the high risk doc is saying this baby should be born between 34-37 weeks. I go today to get my first steroid shot, followed by the second tomorrow.

I've been told that the baby is getting 8/8 on the biophysical ultrasounds, activity is up and heartbeat is strong. Basically I have been told they do not know why the baby is not growing but something is stressing her out.

Anyone else in a similar situation? It's such a surreal experience as my last baby was a week past due and was big! No idea why this is happening, I have no vices (no drinking, smoking, drugs, etc.) and am healthy! Just crazy.

TIA!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 33 weeks, baby stopped growing, steroid shots, delivery expected between 34-37 weeks

• Have they checked your placenta? I delivered early due to other issues and had the two steriod shots at 31 weeks and ds came out nice and strong while being in the 8% :) I hope you have the same situation. Good luck!!!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• The doc thinks it is the placenta. Did you have a C section? Last question, how long was your LO in the NICU?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well luckily for me I went into labor at 31 weeks due to a partial placenta abruption, was given steroid shots and after a night in labor they gave me another shot to stop contractions - ambulanced me to another hospital with nicu to prepare for birth but ended up staying another 4 days. Everything stopped and then I was on strict bedrest for another 5 weeks then got pre-e really bad and had an emergency c-section so no nicu needed! So you never know! I hope you can cook that baby a little longer but if the placenta isn't doing it's job then there isn't much else they can do. These little guys are amazingly strong so don't worry too much. On the high risk board a girl just gave birth to her son at 24 weeks at a pound...he pulled through! It's an amazing story you should check it out on the high risk. I'm sorry im not more help :/

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Thanks for your comments! Just prepping myself for anything that can happen! Ironically enough I'm not stressing - just more curious as I try to plan things out! Lesson 101 of pregnancy / raising children - never try to plan! :) Thanks again!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Very True! Are you on bedrest now? All I can say was last time I didn't even have a carseat, any onsies, nothing due to bedrest. All I had was a PNP and honestly..it was all we needed. Sent DH out to get a carseat and install when I was in the hospital and when I got home from birth I ran out and got everything that was needed which wasn't much since they don't do anything but eat, sleep and poo.

• rainydayluckrainydayluck member
    edited January 2014
    DD was IUGR (she was less than 3rd percentile) and I was doing the same things: BPPs, extra ultrasounds, etc. I was hospitalized at 32 weeks for low AFI on top of that and got the steroid shots. She was delivered at 36 weeks. She had a 5 day stay in the NICU due to low blood sugar. She is now a fine 3 year old and just a petite thing (25lbs).
    Good luck!!
    ETA: I had a c-section because she was breech. Dr. says IUGR babies don't tolerate labor well and due to the low fluid, I probably would have had one anyway.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you all :) Glad to hear everything went well for you! Thanks again!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"