July 2012 Moms
Options

Words that mean more than one thing

DS says "babi" (like "Bobby") a lot, which currently means button, breakfast, and vitamins. Interestingly, it does not mean "baby," which he says just fine.

Any words that mean more than one thing to your toddler?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Words that mean more than one thing

• Options
    nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited January 2014
    Wah wah is water, yogurt and marker oddly.

For grapes she says O?! Don't even know why that means grape. But she does the same for blueberries and strawberries.

She has cropped up with some really random words recently and gets PISSED when I don't understand what she wants. How the hell am I supposed to know O means grape kid?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    @nesenotes Dagny has done this too! She screams a word at me but I have NO clue what it means! It drives me crazy & pisses her off.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Up means up and help, hat and hot sound the exact same.
  • Options
    Oh also she says "up" when she wants up or down.

• Options

Oh also she says "up" when she wants up or down.

Zachary started using "up" to mean down today also.
  • Options
    Laurski81 said:

Yes! The word "apple" means: apple, orange, grape, olive, blueberry, carrot, and pretty much any round food.

"Apple" means banana here, which is super confusing and took me a while to figure out. Apples, avocados, lemons, pretty much any remotely round fruit or vegetable is "ball", and he expects to pick them all up and throw them across the grocery store as such.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bah (with an upwards inflection at the end so everything sounds like a question) means ball, block, lunch box, bento box and yes.

PupPup means any animal that he wants to pet.

He says uh-oh-what a lot.  That's our fault though.  DS: Uh uh! Us: Uh oh what?

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    He says "Hugga" for help or if he needs help. We joke "the Hugga is a lie" because he rarely ever gives a hug when he says Hugga.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wawa means any type of liquid (water, milk, or smoothie). Woowoo can mean dog or cat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"