Infertility

Intro and FSH level question (pregnancy/loss mentioned)

Hi ladies! I’m coming over from the TTTC board and will be beginning to prep for my first IVF procedure in the next few weeks. I figured I would introduce myself! My DH and I have been married for over 5 years and dated for 5 years before we married. We have been TTC since October 2012 (We did have an ectopic pregnancy in 2004 while we were dating - my fallopian tube was able to be saved). My treatment history is in my siggy.

Last week I had yet another ectopic pregnancy that ruptured resulting in the removal of my left fallopian tube. While the OB was performing the laparoscopy she observed that my right fallopian tube is in her words “black and mangled”. My right tube wasn’t removed, but we were told any pregnancy conceived with that tube will most likely result in a third ectopic pregnancy.

Yesterday DH and I sat down with our RE who stated the obvious – IVF is our only treatment option from here on out. We are incredible lucky that my insurance will cover up to 6 IVF cycles. Next week DH and I are taking an IVF seminar at our RE’s office in preparation for treatment in March or April.

Currently my only issue is my FSH level which is 17. My insurance wants my number below 10. Has anyone else had any issues with FSH levels during preparation for an IVF cycle? 

Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Intro and FSH level question (pregnancy/loss mentioned)

• Good afternoon,
    This might not be what you're looking for but my fsh is high for my age. I am 29 and my highest was 10.1. I freaked out and went to my RE crying. Do you know your AFC or AMH? Mine were both really high. I also drank organic wheat grass and my level has been around 9. I just had my first ivf and i had 22 eggs retrieved. only 8 were mature ( i was on low stims and my RE triggered  me after 7 days) all 8 fertilized and 7 of the 8 were A quality. My RE doesn't read much into FSH. He said the AFC is more of a predictor of success. And that's so great that your insurance covers 6 cycles. I'm completely oop.. BOO!

******Siggy Warning**************

Me 29 - no known issues ( Highest FSH 10.1??) 
    DH- 36 - quite the perfect man!
    TTC since 1/2011
    IUI #1 March 2012 
    BETA #1  BFP
    B/O at 6 weeks D&C @ 10 weeks 
    IUI #2-7 (2012)= BFN
    IVF  Jan 14 - Follistim, Ganirelix
    22R, 8M, 8F
    ET  (1-14-14) - 1 Grade A 8 cell = BFN
    FET (2-18-14)  1 grade A 12 cell and one early morula!
    BETA #1 (3-3-14) =1,389  p4 17.4
    BETA #2  (3-5-14) = 4,553 u/s showed one small g sac
    U/S #2      (3-17-14) Shows two little beans with heartbeats!!! TWINS!! 
                                       Heartbeats were 119 & 120 beans measured (6 weeks 1 day) (6 weeks 2 days)
    found out at 20 weeks that baby B went to heaven
    11/12/14 Baby girl arrived :)
    FET (1-24-16) Grade A early morula 
    BETA #1 300 p4. 11.1 
    BETA#2 1300
    u/s d 1 tiny babe :)
    10/7/16 another sweet baby girl
    4/18 SURPRISE + HPT 
    Beta #1 6 weeks 16,202 p4. 13.2

• I'm sorry, hon.  For me, my highest FSH was around 12.  That was before I started IVF in 2010.  I tried the organic wheat grass that overwhelmed29 mentioned.  I don't know that it made much of a difference.  I took it for a few months before I started my first IVF cycle and then when it failed, I took it until my second IVF cycle.  When it failed, I quit taking it.  My FSH hovered around 10-11 during that time.  For some reason my FSH has gotten better over the last couple years.  It was 8 the last two times it has been tested.

Good luck! 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • siggy warning****

welcome, and sorry you have to be here. I've had fluctuating high FSH since i began seeing an RE. the lowest its ever been was 8.9, but the highest which was just a month before i started this last cycle was 21. my AFC and AMH were pretty good though, but its definitely hard not to worry or over analyze. i was so certain that this cycle wouldnt work because its the highest its ever been before i started an IVF/FET. but surprisingly it turned out to be my first BFP. so happy that you have insurance coverage and i hope you can work out the FSH issue with your insurance and get started soon. best of luck! 
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
  • LSN8308 said:
    siggy warning****

welcome, and sorry you have to be here. I've had fluctuating high FSH since i began seeing an RE. the lowest its ever been was 8.9, but the highest which was just a month before i started this last cycle was 21. my AFC and AMH were pretty good though, but its definitely hard not to worry or over analyze. i was so certain that this cycle wouldnt work because its the highest its ever been before i started an IVF/FET. but surprisingly it turned out to be my first BFP. so happy that you have insurance coverage and i hope you can work out the FSH issue with your insurance and get started soon. best of luck! 

Thanks for the response that makes me feel better! My RE did say he will try and fight the insurance company if they attempt to decline. I’ve been able to get pregnant twice before so he feels like my FSH levels shouldn't be an issue. Lately my DH has had a Murphy’s Law kinda attitude about our infertility and its starting to rub off on me.

Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"