Working Moms
Options

Not normally on here and need a question answered

Hey...I'm rrally sorry for crashing the party here...but I have a question. I posted a thread on my birth month board that obviously got misinterpreted to the point that every time I get on there...someone else has posted a rude and ugly comment and...yes...my hormones being jacked up...my feelings are hurt.

Stupid I know...but it happened none the less.

Does anyone know how to delete a thread? I really dont want to leave the group....but I dont want to invite anymore nasty comments.

Re: Not normally on here and need a question answered

• Options
    I think you just edit it and remove the text. I don't know that you can delete the entire post altogether.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just don't read new comments on the thread, take a 2 day break from the bump, let your thread fall off the first page, and then when you go back to your BMB, post with more sensitivity/caution.

Deleting will extend the drama, as will posting a follow up asking people to stop responding, as will attempting to clarify, as will posting on other boards about the fact that you've been misinterpreted, as will pretty much anything other than silence.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You should start by apologizing. Not complain to another board about an intensive comment you made. Put your big girl panties on and learn to think before you type.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This post pretty much sums up my feelings on everyone's reaction to what seems like a pretty innocent and benign post: https://www.renegademothering.com/2013/11/19/stop-trying-to-one-up-my-pain-it-never-works/

Someone else has it worse than you, too, so should you shut up about what you're going through? And to go even more basic than that - what does one thing have to do with another? Unless she addressed the post "Dear mothers who have lost their own," there's no relationship - and definitely no way to foresee that a question about heartrate would implicate having lost a LO.

I'm going to chalk this up to hormones and not enough sleep as a general characteristic of posters on this board.
  • Options
    It looks like a lot of people posted after that post - a lost dog, an unhappy daughter, Monday blues, Tuesday blues - how does this particular post implicate one post which the OP may or may not have seen? 
  • Options
    Just let it go OP 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"