December 2011 Moms

@BlueCards

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: @BlueCards

• I did total MSPI for 2 weeks and just couldn't really tell if it was helping or not. Her pedi said she didn't think it's my diet and put her on Pepcid. I slowly started eating things again and she seemed to get way worse so now avoiding obvious dairy again. Just been a couple days but doesn't seem to help. No green poopies here but cries I'd say 90% of awake/not eating times, red ring rash on booty, congested, super gassy (and smells like rotten eggs), spits up every feedings, lots of hiccups, wants to constantly be on the boob (though she does a long 6-8 hr stretch at night most nights!) and just seems uncomfortable. I hate not know what is causing it!!! This diet crap sucks though! I probably should go back to total MSPfree but I'm just conflicted.

I'm so glad it's making an obvious difference for your LO tho!!! Does he have any other symptoms? Have you found some go to foods?

I'm also worried I'm going to wind up in the mastitis boat too because I have some really terrible clogged ducts right now. I just can't get them to clear!!!! OB's sending me for an u/s to be sure it is clogged ducts and nothing more but I'm 98% sure!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear you on the moping! I used to eat dairy at every meal. I feel like all I eat right now is sweet potato fries, pita chips and hummus (and think the chickpeas may be bothering her too) and chicken. Not real healthy ;-) we'll have to share good sites, recipes, convenience foods etc as we find them! I'm a picky eater to begin with so this sucks!
  • Yeah I think reading up makes it MORE confusing. I'm not sure when to test it either. Some places say they can grow out of it at 3 months, others say 9 months to a year, but I'm with you I might test it in 2 weeks to a month.

Rice milk tastes fine to me in cereal, I already do soy in my chai lattes. Some almond milk ice cream was pretty good. Haven't tried cooking/baking though.

Are you doing a calcium supplement? I think I probably should but just haven't done it yet.
  • -T--T- member
    I thought the rice milk was disgusting but I drank it plain because I'm a big milk drinker. I switched to almond milk and didn't mind it.

Oreos were my go-to food :) Seriously though, we ate a ton of grilled meats, plain veggies with the dairy free butter, and plain fruits. It wasn't exiting by any means and honestly, I lost a lot of weight because of eating more fruits and veggies.

I cooked at home using the dairy free butter and almond milk and everything turned out better than expected! To this day, both DH and I can't stand a lot of cheese since we cut it out. I missed sour cream the most! Hope it's still going OK, it's a bummer but it's worth it to be able to use breast milk!
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • -T--T- member
    I did for about 6 months or so I think and I whined about it all the time. Eating out was the hardest, but DH ate what I ate at home so that was really helpful. I cut obvious dairy and he was fine, so it wasn't too extreme. After I stopped the mspi diet, we continued on a dairy/soy free formula until 3 months ago, actually. He's now on a dairy based formula and is doing great besides some constipation issues. I am so thankful to eat whatever I want now! Definitely try almond milk, it was my favorite anyways!
  • Thanks T!!! I didn't know you did it either. You guys are making me feel better about complaining. I miss cheese!!!!
  • I cut out dairy with Alex for about 3 weeks, but it didn't help him. That secretly made me happy, because I could eat cheese and drink milk again, but of course I was still sad that he was so gassy and had weird poop. He grew out of it after a few weeks though. 

A friend of mine had bloody poops with her newborn daughter and they had to get all kinds of testing done, it was crazy. She also cut out dairy completely for several weeks and it didn't make a difference. All the tests came back normal and the Doctors said that he digestive system is just not completely mature yet and sure enough, she grew out of it, too. 

I hope it will be this "easy" for you, too, mtb!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"