August 2012 Moms

Griffin Matthew is here! - update

sdlaurasdlaura member
edited January 2014 in August 2012 Moms
He arrived this morning at 9:08 am (after I unintentionally didn't get to the hospital until 8 am and was 8 cm dilated at that point - and I was an idiot and had sent DH to work at 5:30 am, so had to drive myself 40 minutes in traffic to the hospital!). It was an almost too quick intervention free birth. He weighed 7 lbs even and 20 inches - much smaller than his 8 lb 9 oz sister, but she was born at 40 weeks, and he was born at 38 weeks 2 days. In terms of his heart defects, they appear to be less serious than anticipated. We don't want to get our hopes up too much, but we may be able to take him home this weekend and he may only need one big surgery. Thanks for all of your support! Update - the echo today went well so Griffin was allowed to come to our room, and we're all being discharged tomorrow! We'll meet with his cardiologists regularly starting next week and will watch for any signs that his heart is getting weaker, but otherwise we get to treat him like a normal baby.
BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg

Re: Griffin Matthew is here! - update

• Wonderful news! Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh, that is such fantastic news! Congratulations!!! I can't believe you drove yourself! I hope you are recovering well, and I hope you get to take that sweet little guy home soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations all around!!! This made my night.  Yay!!  

• Congratulations!! This is wonderful news!!!! I'm so, so glad everything went well and continued prayers that everything looks positive. :)
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations! That is crazy about driving yourself to the hospital though!
    imageimage
  • Holy cow! Congratulations and I hope they are right about him going home this weekend!
  • Great news!!  Congratulations!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• OMG Congrats!!! Great news, cant wait to see pictures:)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay!!! Welcome to the world, little Griffin! So glad he's doing better than anticipated! How are you feeling?
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Congratulations! I love the name! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh wow!  Congrats!  I'm so glad the delivery went smooth (other than driving yourself to the hospital in labor - I can't imagine!)

Did you plan on an intervention free birth plan or did it just happen that way?  That is amazing!  I always love hearing about "drug free" births! 

With DD I planned an intervention free birth (took Bradley classes and all).  It went mostly as planned, except my midwife induced me at 42 weeks.  Yes 42 weeks!  I guess I should be thankful she let me go that long, as I know my previous OB would have induced me much much sooner!  But other than the induction (pitocin) I had no other meds!  I'm hoping if I have another LO,  

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats!!!  That's wonderful news for you and your family!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Thanks ladies! @toni79, I did plan on a med free birth and had one with DD also. We did a hypnobirthing class with her. @baker_bride,, I feel great. Like after DD's birth, I haven't needed to even take Tylenol for pain and have been walking myself back and forth to the NICU in my normal clothes since 10 hours post-birth. Even with the added uncertainty of the heart defects this time (and his umbilical cord being wrapped around his neck twice), I was really hoping to be able to do med free again so that I could easily get to DS wherever he ended up being. He has another echocardiogram this morning so I will keep you posted!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • congrats- that's wonderful news! :) love the name. glad you had another great birth. (i also did hypnobirthing with a med free hospital birth and am hoping to do it again if we have another :) )
  • Congratulations! That is wonderful news and I love the name too!
  • That's awsome that everything went as planned.  If we have another, I think I'd like to take a hypnobirthing class.  I liked my Bradley class alot and feel like it prepaired me.  But I think a hypnobirthing class could add to my "basket of tricks"! 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• This is SUCH wonderful news.  I'm so happy for you!
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Awesome news! And OMG you drove yourself 40 minutes at like 8 cm dilated!? You almost ended up on the news. LOL :)
  • That's awesome news:) congrats!!

imageimage

• Wow! Congrats mama! Pics?
  • Congrats!!! That's such great news!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• What a delivery, glad you made it to the hospital! Such great news about being able to go home.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Wonderful news!! Congratulations!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • That's wonderful news!!! Congratulations!

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Congratulations
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN