Pregnant after IF

***2nd Tri Checkin 1/28/14***

This is a weekly check-in for members in their second trimester. You can feel free to join at 14 weeks and we will bid you an excited farewell on your way to third tri after 27 weeks.

If there are any newcomers that would like to be added to the list, post below and include your EDD. 

How far along are you this week? Any appointments or other updates? Also, please let me know if I have your “team” listed correctly or if it needs to be updated.

QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, how do you plan on introducing your  LO once they arrive? Any STM have any tips?
Also, this is my last check-in before I move on to 3rd Tri- anyone want to volunteer to take over?

GRADUATING!!! Good Luck in 3rd Tri!
PhillyJ33 4/26/14 Boy
Tryingyetagain 4/26/14 Girl
Jenn06L80 4/28/14 Twin Girls

May
mjc1116 5/1/14 Team Green
RosyGlow 5/11/14 Team Green
jschwind22 Boy
auntjessy 5/12/14 Team Purple
monimu13 Team Purple
drjwj 5/15/14 Girl
TJ1979 5/15/14
CMDR513 5/17/14 Girl
meck716 5/27/14
MishaBelle521 5/29/14 Boy

June
letsgobowlingx 6/3/14 Girl
Chrissy1276 6/3/14 Girl
bhead81 6/4/14
Anations 6/5/14 Team Purple
kmw722 Twin Boys
talon1226 6/6/14 Girl
whoberry 6/8/14 Boy
twistsandturnsto2 6/10/14 Team Green
Curlylocks 6/17/14 Twins
JennyS86 6/20/14 Twins Team Green
Id08271 6/22/14 Boy
FutureMrsW9 6/24/14 Team Green
Cinnamonrollcupcake 6/24/14
Sarah_beth2005 6/25/14 Team Purple
Katekat8721 6/26/14 Twin Girls
Alexandra1513 6/28/14 Girl

July
Ball.and.Chain 7/3/14 Boy
BBColt78 7/9/14 Team Green
RG0405 7/12/14
JSM0801 7/18/14 Team Purple
Brooklynesque 7/18/14AlmostWright 7/22/14 BoyVioletteGrayskies 7/23/14 GirlMissusw218 7/23/14Say1009 7/23/14  
Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
It's a boy!!!!
SUA, GD
EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!

Re: ***2nd Tri Checkin 1/28/14***

• I guess I will start. I will be 15w tomorrow and the round ligament pain definitely started with a vengeance this morning!! WOWZERS! It has been two weeks since I've seen LO and that's about how long it has taken me to convince myself that I am no longer pregnant, so even the painful signs are a welcome reminder that there is actually something going on in there! Next OB appt. is a week from today!

QOTW: Yes, we have 4 furr-babies. 2 dogs and 2 cats. the cats are inside so they will be introduced quickly and probably just by the sudden presence of a baby in the house. It will probably take longer for the dogs since they are large (yellow lab and Rottweiler mix) and like to jump. I have no idea how we will introduce them, maybe have DH go out with a blanket so they know the smell and see how they react. idk. they are very very sweet dogs but they are large.

**** TICKER WARNING***

TTC#1 since March 2012
    Diagnosis: Anovulatory
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (very slightly abnormal- RE not concerned)
     Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013 <br>
    April-October, 2013: Femara + Trigger + IUI#1-6= BFN <br>
    11/13/13- BFP
    Beta- 932
    U/S#1- 12/3/13 6w6d- Heart beat of 142-singleton- Most beautiful sound I have ever heard!
    U/S#2- 12/23/13 9w5d
    2/20/14: Perfect a/s and we are TEAM BLUE!!!
    http://abedilife.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • RLP and discharge are annoying. Very tired in the late evening doesn't help. I go to the dr. on 2/6. I will then schedule the yummy glucose test and start biweekly appts. 15 weeks from today until I meet DD (unless she comes before RCS)! Very excited!!!

We have 3 furbabies. A dog (Cairn Terrier) that is 14. He's blind, so I don't think he'll even notice. We have two cats (Mom and Daughter) that are 8&10. They pretty much let DS have his space. They still runaway from him at times. We were pretty lucky with our laid back animals. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • I am exactly 14 weeks today. I have had no nausea and vomiting only headaches. Two different times I have had bleeding episodes of bright red gushing blood with the last one happening this past Friday. This has been very distressing. I had a follow-up appointment with my OB yesterday in which they did a vaginal exam and a ultrasound and everything looks good and they can not figure out what would be causing these events. I am happy that everything looks good, but wish I had some answers. Due date is July 28th.

QOTW: We have one furbaby: our mini dachshund Riley. He is our baby and I am worried that he will not adjust well. We've read an article from the Humane Society that suggest using a baby doll to get your pet use to the baby; have family and friends with infants to come over to get the dog used to babies; get the pet adjusted to baby sounds like playing recordings of a baby crying and other sounds (mechanical swing, rocking chair, etc.). We will trying these things and hope that they work. Link to the article for those interested: https://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/pets_babies.html

Married 11 years. PCOS; TTC since 2009; 3 unsuccessful IUIs;
    New RE. First & Hopefully Last IVF November 2013.
  • Hi ladies, can't believe I'm 27 weeks and moving on to 3rd tri! I am doing pretty good, although having more back pain lately. We have our 28 week appt on Thursday, and I will be getting my third Rhogam shot thus far this pregnancy - yuck.

We have two fur babies, cats named Bella and Butterball. They are both older, and Bella is a tiny 6 pounds while Butters weighs about 21 and could squash Bella like a bug if he wasn't so in love with and scared of her! They aren't very social with DS, and I'm a little worried about how they will react to a baby. No advice here, unfortunately, other than make it as gradual as possible.

This will be my last 2nd tri check-in. Good luck to all of you, and I'll see you over in 3rd tri soon!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• KristyLynn26KristyLynn26 member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Everyone. I am 14 weeks and EDD is July 28th. We are Team Green. I was and am so nervous that I never even joined the 1st Tri Checkin so I'm trying to get over my fear. Overall I'm feeling ok just tired mostly.

My next appointment is this coming Monday at 15 weeks and I have to have my one hour glucose test then. I had problems with my evening blood sugars with DD. My OB also wants me to start weekly progesterone injections then but my insurance company will not approve the drug. It has been shown that it helps prevent preterm labor if you've had that issue with a single pregnancy before (DD was born at 35 weeks). I'm not sure what I'm going to do because I really can't afford it out of pocket. I guess we will see I just want to do everything I can.

QOTW: We don't currently have any fur babies. We lost my sweet dog Groucho this past July and plan to wait before getting another pet. As far as suggestions go I'm sorry but I really don't have any. Groucho was always so sweet with DD. The only time we had to watch him around DD was when she was learning to walk because he would accidentally knock her over.

Edited: Didn't post full message.
    imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
  • We are just a few days shy of 20 weeks!  My biggest complaint this week has been waking up at 4am everyday!  (see other thread :)  When I put it in perspective, I would rather have the insomnia than the nausea/vomiting!!  I also have made it a whole week without throwing up!  Just nausea remains, so I still occasionally take the zofran at work.

We also booked a getaway to Daytona Beach the first week of March!  It will be our last vacation before the babies come!  I will be 24 weeks when we go, so when we get back, we will have to do something to celebrate viability! We got a great deal, so we plan to spend that money on food! haha

QOTW:  we don't have any fur babies. DH is scared of dogs and allergic to cats. But my sister has a German Shepard/husky mix. I can't wait to see him with the babies - he has such an odd personality.  I recommend to my patients to take the newborn hat home for the dog to smell.  Also, many hospitals offer a class about introducing a new baby to a fur baby.  There was a horrible story here (Pittsburgh) about a newborn in a car seat that was killed by a big dog while the mom went to pee.  I don't think any of us need to be reminded to never leave a newborn and an animal unattended.

Hope you all have a great week

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• I can't believe this is my last check- in!
    I am 27 weeks and have my glucose test on Friday and OB appt on Monday. I have a horrible pain on my lower right side- guessing its RPL as it's worse when I stand up from sitting too long or get up at all actually! Besides that and heartburn, can't complain too much- it could be much worse!

Qotw- I have 2 furry friends. A small cat and a large dog. Both are friendly (Maybe too friendly) but I am worried about how they will react.
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

• @phillyj33 I can't believe your already moving on to third tri!!!

AFM: No updates. the baby is like a ninja in there and he has definitely found my bladder. Other then that I'm feeling amazing! I have energy! My house is completely clean! Can't complain. On Friday I get to order the rest of the things for the nursery and my FIL is coming over to help us hang some decor so the nursery will be completely done! Ahh I can't wait!

QOTW: I have a mini dachshund and I'm not worried about her at all. We constantly had her around my nieces and nephews and she is so gentle even when the kids are not lol
  • We are 21 weeks! Thankful for every week. Feeling lots of movement and I love it!! I had some crazy moving last night and hoping baby girl flipped! Feeling better and able to do more. Still "expansion"pains and stomach upset. Starting to plan a little more, but feel I am way behind a lot of you! My sisters are taking me shopping for the first time this weekend. Can't wait! Happy week everyone! Rub your bellies!
    QOTD: I got 1- Baxter (dog). About 73#. I've heard the running home a blanket/ cap for them to smell, don't know much else. Like I said, got a lot more to read/plan!!

• Hi ladies! 15w today. No appointments this week, but a few coming up in the following weeks. We are still Team Green, but looking forward to finding out the baby's gender soon!!

Lately, we've been working on our registry and baby budget. We actually pre-enrolled the baby for daycare the other day; next, we're going to start shopping for nursery furniture!

QOTW - we have no furbabies!

• 21 weeks.  No appointments for a couple weeks.  I can feel baby kicking a lot more now.  Picking a name is going to be really hard.  I had a list of girls names that I loved, but there aren't many boy names I like.

QOTW: We have 1 dog.  She is the sweetest, gentlest, most chill dog ever.  She loves babies. I don't plan to do anything special to introduce her.  I think the biggest problem will be preventing her from licking the baby to death.  Once baby is older I think it will be hard to keep her from eating his soft toys.  She lasts about 30 seconds with a stuffed toy before it's destroyed.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 21 weeks.  No appointments for a couple weeks.  I can feel baby kicking a lot more now.  Picking a name is going to be really hard.  I had a list of girls names that I loved, but there aren't many boy names I like.

QOTW: We have 1 dog.  She is the sweetest, gentlest, most chill dog ever.  She loves babies. I don't plan to do anything special to introduce her.  I think the biggest problem will be preventing her from licking the baby to death.  Once baby is older I think it will be hard to keep her from eating his soft toys.  She lasts about 30 seconds with a stuffed toy before it's destroyed.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi ladies. All is well here.
    I was 21 weeks yesterday and we had our anatomy scan! All looked great and we are still team green for now. H has changed his mind and all of a sudden he wants to know the sex. So who knows, we may end up at an elective ultrasound before this is all over. Other than that, all is ok. Yesterday was not nearly as exciting as I thought it should be. I'm still not getting excited about seeing baby, still have not felt any movements, guess my PAIF brain is in full effect. I had a few weeks of real excitement, but now it's gone so FX I get it back soon!

QOTW: we have 3 dogs and I hope that they all do well with baby. Our older guy, a beagle mix named Baxter, is 13 years old and has always been great around kids so no worry there. Our other 2 are Dobermans- Brie is 3 and Tuck is almost 1. Brie has been very protective and maternal since I got KU so we hope that translates to the baby as well. Tuck is still just a goofy pup and probably won't think too much about a baby. We hope anyway!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 16w3d and counting!  I caught some kind of flu/stomach thing so I have been in bed for the last 36 hours, but today I feel much better.  Still home from work but keeping food, drink and meds down and I have a bit more energy.  My doctor put me on Tamiflu just in case, especially because my wife is recovering from the flu.

Pregnancy-wise, I feel pretty good.  Definitely have some RPL and stretching going on but it hasn't been super painful.  I am cautiously looking forward to our A/S, which is in one week.  I started our registries online and have added a few things, thanks to Baby Bargains and Lucie's List -- we're have a Valentine's "date" with the scanner at BRU on the 15th so we'll add most of it then.

QOTW: We had a cranky old cat who had to be put to sleep this summer.  It was hard to put her down and we miss her, but I was a little worried about how she would react to a baby, so I suppose it's for the best (she was also old and had kidney disease, so it was not a surprise).  We said we'd wait until after a baby to get another one, but we missed having a pet so much we ended up getting a new cat within a month.  Fortunately our new cat, though frisky, is sweet, affectionate and pretty adaptable, so I think the transition with this one won't be too bad.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Hi ladies, I cannot believe I am moving the the third trimester next week.  27 weeks down and 9-10 more to go!   I had my glucose test this morning, and have a MFM appointment this afternoon for growth.  I am also doing a prenatal massage today!

We have one cat Toby, who is almost 25lbs and 13 years old.  He pretty much hides under the bed all day.  He is not social and always left DD alone.  Hopefully he will be the same when the girls arrive.  

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• KristyLynn26 - I'd ask the OB about suppositories.  They're nasty, but if you're paying OOP they're much cheaper than the injectables.  
    @PhillyJ33 and @tryingyetagain - Congrats on moving to 3rd tri!!  I'll see you over there in a couple of weeks.  :D

I'm 25 weeks as of Monday, and will be meeting Lillain and Liam in person in about 10-12 weeks, depending on how long I can keep them in there!  I did have a bit of a scare yesterday, was cramping badly all morning and all through my back.  OB hooked me up for awhile to monitor the babies, which are fine, and said I wasn't really having contractions.  They're blaming it on a UTI.  This is the 4th time they've told me I have a UTI, and I just don't believe them anymore.  I haven't had any other UTI-like symptoms, and I hate taking antibiotics b/c I'm allergic to 3 out of 4 classes of them.  Last time (2 months ago) I didn't take the antibiotics and the next time I went in - nothing.  So, I think they're on crack.  Still, I guess I'm taking this round.  :P  They also checked my cervix, which was thinner than last checkup, but still doing well at over 3 cm.  They acted like it was fine, but I'm kinda concerned that it went from over 4 to just over 3 in 2 weeks??  My OB is on vacation and I wish he wasn't.  :(  But babies looked good, and I'm starting to see my whole tummy shift when they flip - it's awesome.  My 20 yo stepdaughter was just freaking out watching them kick me yesterday.

QOTW: We have 2 furbabies, a sweet cat I've had for 7 years (Harmony) and a Cairn Terrier mix (Charlie) who we've had for 3.  Charlie is terrified of everyone and everything, but he's also been very good with kids I've taught piano to over the years, so I think he'll be okay.  The biggest concern I have with my cat is jealousy.  Her favorite place in the world is in my lap - she comes when I call her name and everything.  She also loves everybody, and any attention she can get from anyone is welcome.  I guess I'll just let them see the babies while I'm holding them and watch them very closely all the time.  Our puppy likes to be crated at night anyway, and the cat is locked out of our BR when we sleep - so I think it should all work out.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Hi everyone! I will be 16 weeks on Friday. Everything is fine except a definite increase in aches and pains over the last week or so -- things are definitely moving around in there! I have my next OB appt on Monday; hoping she will do an ultrasound (my practice has u/s machines in most of the exam rooms) but no idea if she will. I assume she will tell me then to sign up for my a/s around 20 weeks.

QOTW: We have two cats. One is elderly and doesn't do much, so I'm not concerned about her. The other is younger and very affectionate but also a real stinker at times. My concern with her is that she might try to snuggle up to the baby while he/she is sleeping. (She loves to sleep on my pillow right by my head, or otherwise touching me.) So I'm going to try to make sure the cat has no easy way to access the crib or bassinet.
  • Hi girls,

I am 14w3d, so I am brand new to second trimester! Due date is July 27th with one bean (don't know the sex yet, but want to find out!).

QOTD: We have our baby, Parker, but I haven't thought too much about how we will introduce him to his human sibling. I figured I would send dh home with one of baby's blankets so he can get to know the smells, but I know he's just gonna be super excited to see his mama after a few days without me, so I will probably have to come in first and let him get his mommy time in before he meets baby. Lol

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Hi Ladies!  I'm 19w as of yesterday, and actually feeling really awesome!  I have the appetite of an athlete training for the Olympics and am eating everything in sight.  The scale still hasn't moved, so I'm assuming baby is growing and using up all of the calories.  Yesterday my tummy was noticeably sticking out further and people have actually started to ask me if I'm pregnant, so I guess it's becoming obvious now.

I'm also pretty sure for the past hour or so I've actually finally been feeling baby!  I have what feels like bubbles in my very low abdomen, and they keep happening in about the same spot maybe 7 or 8 times in the past hour.  I haven't burped or farted, so I'm assuming it's not gas and it actually is baby!

QOTW: We have two kitties.  We don't really have a plan, we're just going to see how they react when we bring baby home and take it from there.  One will probably be too terrified to go anywhere near LO.  And the other will probably want to sleep on LO's head and snuggle in the crib.  But we'll see!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  •  My concern with her is that she might try to snuggle up to the baby while he/she is sleeping. (She loves to sleep on my pillow right by my head, or otherwise touching me.) So I'm going to try to make sure the cat has no easy way to access the crib or bassinet.
    I'm a little worried about that with mine!  She also likes to groom us and I am pretty sure a rough kitty tongue is not the best for delicate baby skin.  My other fear is that she'll think the baby is a toy -- and the way she likes to play with toys is to hug them with her front paws while she kicks them with her back paws.  It's adorable but not with an infant!  She'll be supervised for sure, but she loves her people and I think they'll be besties once he's big enough that she can't do much to hurt him (and once we've taught him not to pull her tail).
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Hi Ladies!  I am 24 weeks and 6 days!  Hooray for viability!!!!!!!  I have been in a good mood all week!  She is moving all around and kicking, which I love, and is so reassuring!  Other than heartburn and trouble sleeping I have been doing great!  More and more people have been looking at my tummy and asking if I'm pregnant, which is fun too.

QOTD: We have two fur babies, a 10 lb shih tzu and a 90 lb yellow lab.  They have been our surrogate children through all this IF!  I am really nervous about how they will do.  The little one can be mean if someone gets in his face, and the big one is sweet but could accidentally knock someone over with his tail!  Both of them are going to have a hard time with toys around that aren't theirs!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!  I am 24 weeks and 6 days!  Hooray for viability!!!!!!!  I have been in a good mood all week!  She is moving all around and kicking, which I love, and is so reassuring!  Other than heartburn and trouble sleeping I have been doing great!  More and more people have been looking at my tummy and asking if I'm pregnant, which is fun too.

QOTD: We have two fur babies, a 10 lb shih tzu and a 90 lb yellow lab.  They have been our surrogate children through all this IF!  I am really nervous about how they will do.  The little one can be mean if someone gets in his face, and the big one is sweet but could accidentally knock someone over with his tail!  Both of them are going to have a hard time with toys around that aren't theirs!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @drjwj - Congrats on V-Day!!!  If you're like me, your're breathing just a tad easier now.  :)
    @FutureMrsW9 - Sounds like little kicks to me!  I started feeling them right at 20 weeks, so it's right on time.  :)  It IS the most wonderful feeling in the world.  I'm also eating like an athlete training for the olympics - but unlike you, the scale has been moving these last couple of months.  Still because I lost so much the 1st tri, I've only really gained 14 lbs over my pre-pregnant weight, and I can totally see it all when I look at my belly.  Total strangers are now asking me if I'm about ready any day now.  Um...nope.  LOL  Keep eating!  Baby must need it.  ;)

IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Congrats to all the ladies headed to 3rd trimester and reaching other milestones!

I passed my glucose test. Yay! Everything else is looking good but I'm low in folic acid so I have to beef up my left greens :) My Dr said this could have contributed to my feelings of exhaustion.

No fur babies for us. DH isn't a fan of pets. I have a 7 year old yorkie-poo, but he stayed with my mom (per her request) when I moved out. She lives alone so I couldn't bear to take the dog from her too.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Hey girls! I am finally getting over a stupid cold and feeling good again! I felt Violet (baby B) kick for the first time last night and it was freaking awesome :):):)

QOTD: we have two furbabies, a silky terrier and a little white ball of fluff who is kinda evil lol. They are good with babies, the white one loves to sit next to them and lick their toes lol.

• @katekat8721 Love the name Violet! It was our top choice if we were having a girl!!
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

• Hi everyone! 15 weeks and I think finally over the evil stomach bug (one week later). Luckily I was able to avoid the hospital but it was close. I was so worried about baby, but I had a regular appt and although it took a few minutes (while I panicked) to find the heartbeat, he seems to be just fine. No appointments for 4 weeks now, so I am hoping to keep the worrying minimal until then! I can't really tell pregnancy nausea from what is left from this bug, but I am hoping that is ending too.

We have 2 cats, and I was very worried about them jumping into the crib with DS but we found that they really don't like babies crying so left him alone. As DS got older, one cat has become his buddy (so much that we have to keep a gate up so he stays out of his bed at night or else he wakes him up trying to sleep on his pillow!). The other still keeps his distance. We had my parents who were staying at our house bring home a hospital blanket in advance for them to smell. I hope it goes as well with this baby, but we are going to have to watch that they keep their distance until he is older again and stay out of the crib.

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi ladies! 

I am sorry I haven't been around lately. I miss all of you! It has been a really busy month for me. Anyway, I"m doing well! I'm already nearly 26 weeks. I can't believe I'm nearing the end of the 2nd trimester! We have a babymoon coming up to Mexico, which should be a lot of fun. I've been feeling good and am just ready to really get rolling on the baby room and taking care of all those necessary details. 

We have one big furbaby - a 130lb bernese mountain dog. I'm not sure how he's going to feel about baby, but I'm hoping he will be patient. He is great with my little nieces and nephews, so I am sure he will be okay, but at first, I have a feeling he's not going to like the change very much! He has been our baby for 3 years now, and he's got the biggest heart, but he can sure be stubborn. :) 
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• KristyLynn26KristyLynn26 member
    edited January 2014
    @auntjessy - Thank you for your suggestion. I actually did ask my OB about using the suppositories when we discussed everything at my last appointment. I was hoping because I had Crinone left over from all of our IVF cycles. Unfortunately she said it had to be the injectable progesterone for some reason. Not sure why exactly but I just found out today that even with "insurance" it's going to cost over $2700 so I don't know what I'm going to do. :(
    imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
  • auntjessyauntjessy member
    edited January 2014
    @KristyLynn26 - Youch!!!  $2700???  That's rough.  :(  
    Here's hoping you have extra cars or nice jewelry laying around that you can turn into cash.  

• @auntjessy - LOL! I wish but I guess if I did they would all be gone by now anyway after all of the infertility treatments. :) I actually have some great news though. I spoke with my doctor today and she completely understood that we don't have that kind of extra money just laying around. She had her nurse contact a different pharmacy and they just called me and my prescription is only going to be $153!!!
    imageimage

• Kristy - that's great news!!

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• @KristyLynn26 - that's great!!! How often do things work out so well? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"