January 2013 Moms
Options

Sucking on 2 fingers

edited January 2014 in January 2013 Moms
DD was never into a pinky or pacifier. But she sucks on her right middle and index finger at the same time whenever she's hungry or tired as a smoothing method. I never thought it was an issue until I notice today there's a huge blister. I don't think it's uncomfortable for her but it looks like it hurts.

anyone have an the same issue? you think i need to worry? Im also going to bring in up at our 12m checkup this week. 

Re: Sucking on 2 fingers

• Options
    DD sucks on her two fingers and one time I noticed there was a red bump similar to a blister.  I just left it alone and it went away.  If it had continued I would have mentioned it to the dr.  
  • Options
    No need to worry in a sense. The fact that she's sucking her fingers instead of her thumb....totally normal and no need to worry. The fact that she's sucking her fingers...........somewhat worrisome as they aren't something you can take away (like a paci) and if gone on too long will effect her teeth.

For now though it's relatively normal and I wouldn't be concerned! :)

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"