July 2014 Moms
Options

Really! Wacko advice

Apparently eating jolly ranchers is going to give my baby diabetes. So far this is the most wacko thing I've been told. I'm sure there is worse out there! Feel free to share the wacko advice you've been given.
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really! Wacko advice

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm eating a jolly rancher right now. It helps my nausea!
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Don't use Purell sanitizer wipes to clean your desk, might be bad for baby.  Also, tights might cut off circulation to the baby, so best to avoid those, too.
    BabyFetus Ticker 

image image

• Options
    ksuRN09 said:

That's why I have been eating them. It helps with cotton mouth also.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kam3100 said:
    That's why I have been eating them. It helps with cotton mouth also.
    I've been super craving sweets like jawbreakers, Gobstoppers, etc. Somehow, having something to suck on like that is something I need right now??

I do worry ~a bit~ about the sugar and the impact on my teeth, but other than that...
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hab83 said:

Don't put your arms above your head, you'll strangle your child with it's umbilical cord. Duh.

How the fuck do you get dressed? Ha!
    Button up shirts duh! ;) and make sure to have someone wash/brunch your hair!
  • Options

"You're not supposed to be doing that!"

I was slowly jogging on a treadmill. I was like, 9 weeks pregnant.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My dad asked me if I was making sure I remembered to put cocoa butter on my belly every day to prevent stretch marks. Mmmkay, and how many kids have you personally given birth to? None because you're a MAN. Shut your pie hole!
  • Options
    Wonder what these gobstoppers I'm popping are going to do to my baby. It might come out grapey.
  • Options
    But if you eat too many RED Jolly Ranchers -- your baby will come out red.  

Uh oh. I wanted Jolly Ranchers to help with nausea and DH bought me a bag of just reds. My baby is in trouble.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When I was pregnant with DD my mom told me to rub my nipples with a washcloth to tough them up. Also heard the no hands over your head thing.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    YlvelillYlvelill member
    edited January 2014
    Now I want a twix... Wait make that two! One for each baby :)

And you are right, I can't button my shirts any more :-S
  • Options
    violet615 said:
    I was told that women get post partum depression bc of how bad their bodies look after delivery. Everybody thinks it's hormones but it's the realization that they're never going to look as good. I kid you not, a guy said this to me. He was an expert bc he had two kids with his ex wife. That's a whole new level of stupid if you ask me.
    Emphasis on EX WIFE. *sigh* Oh how she is missing out...
    8-|

• Options
    Mease8 said:
    Linzlu214 said:
    When I was pregnant with DD my mom told me to rub my nipples with a washcloth to tough them up. Also heard the no hands over your head thing.  
    Same! My mil told me in front of other people that there were things I could do to toughen up my nipples. I filed it under "awkward in law conversations."
    I'm cringing just thinking about that...I know my nipples are going to be more sore than they are now, but let me enjoy the last few months!
    Yeah i didn't do it. I was like, "Are you for real?" My boobs already feel like they are going to fall off. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My DHs grandparents are vegan and they told me eating ice cream would give the baby diabetes.
  • Options
    My boss told me not to reach above my head too. I blurted out 'That's just stupid' luckily she just laughed and said 'Yeah, my Grandmother is the one that told me that'
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MIL told us that we shouldn't have any genetic testing done because 20 years ago she knew someone who was told that her child absolutely had Downs (he doesn't) & they should abort. Um no. Medical testing has improved a lot in 20 years and we are comfortable with the low false positive rate. While we are a family who prays, we don't believe that God would give us access to this knowledge if he wanted us to sit back with our hands over our eyes. So no, we are not simply going to sit back & pray that everything is ok. We are going to do the testing AND pray that everything is ok.
  • Options
    Being told that I should be eating more! I had a huge orange, coconut almond granola bar, bottle of juice, and a bowl of cottage cheese with pineapple. Would you like me to add a cupcake? An extra 300 calories is the equivalent of a snack a day!
  • Options
    What the hell?! The thought of this almost just made me nauseous with pain.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"