November 2013 Moms

Reflux and spit up

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but we recently switched to the similas spit up formula for DS reflux issues and he never spit up before and now he is spitting up at every feeding. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Reflux and spit up

• I am very confused by this post. You changed his formula because of reflux issues, but he had never spit up before? Infant reflux is when infants spit up. GERD is a severe or persistent variation, but still includes vomiting. So I'm not sure how your son could have reflux but not spit up.

• He has silent reflux, he would arch and throw himself back and refuse his bottle after getting halfway through , so they diagnosed him with silent reflux and put him on meds. I thought the same thing but was told that some reflux babies don't spit up. And he never did until we put him on this formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd never heard of it, thanks for explaining. Have you tried keeping him vertical for at least half an hour and getting lots of burps? If you are concerned, always ask his pedi. He could be sensitive to that formula. The pedi would have suggestions for other formulas if it continues. Obviously if it isn't staying down, he won't be getting as much nutrients from it, not to mention how miserable it is for him to spit up every feeding.

• I do not have experience with Similac. Is he a relatively happy spitter? If so, maybe it helped although it's created a laundry problem? If not, and it doesn't pass within a week, that would be a no-go for me. Personally I see my DS spitting up all the time as a blessing b/c although he's not happy he isn't screaming like DD did with silent reflux.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"