November 2013 Moms
Options

Merina and first PP period question

Hey Ladies,

I am currently 8 weeks PP and got the Merina BC put in at my 6 week check up. I started my period 5 days later. It has now been 10 days and I am still bleeding. Not super heavy more like day 3 of a normal period. I have done some research and it seems normal but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had experience with Merina and your first PP period at the same time?? I feel fine, no cramping or clots, but I am a little worried since I have been bleeding for so long. If it doesn't stop in the next couple of days I will call my doctor. By the way I formula feed due to supply issues in the beginning. I also started working out again after I was cleared at my 6 week checkup and am wondering if that has anything to do with the prolonged bleeding. I work out almost everyday.

Thanks Ladies!

Re: Merina and first PP period question

• Options
    barista411barista411 member
    edited January 2014
    I have had mirena twice. The first I spotted/light flow for 3 weeks. I am having basically the same reaction to it this time. I have had it for a week and have had a light flow basically since it was placed. So it's sounds like what you are experiencing is completely normal.
  • Options
    barista411barista411 member
    edited January 2014

Just had my 1 month post-merina insertion appointment yesterday. I had light bleeding/spotting for a few days, then a few days with nothing, then 2 weeks of more bleeding. My OB said it's completely normal and just that lining shedding slowly. She also mentioned I may not get another round of bleeding (here's to hoping she's right!). I am EBF, but I don't think it makes much of a difference.

I haven't had a in 3.5 years! I have had PP and post placement bleeding twice and that's it. I also EBF DD and My period never returned last time and I am really hoping the same thing happens this time. That is the one thing I absolutely love about mirena!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's almost exactly what happened to me when I had my Mirena placed. Spotting for a day or two, then got my period about five days later. (I was almost 9 weeks pp when my period started.) I asked my doc about it and she said that irregular bleeding is totally normal for the first three months of Mirena. I am on day 5 of my period and the bleeding is pretty light now. I was kind of bummed because I thought I would get really light periods while on Mirena (or not at all since I am BFing)... hopefully subsequent ones are lighter.

Anyway, you're not alone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had it placed in dec and have had spotting since.. Up to 3 months is normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"