September 2012 Moms

Smoothie Makers

Can I make a smoothie in the evening for the morning?  Do you have to have an ice component to a smoothie? Is this a dumb question?

My husband wants to take smoothies to work with him.  He leaves the house around 4am.  So it would be easiest to make it the evening before.  Even if he made it in the am, it wouldn't stay too icy throughout the morning.  I have an individual drink maker, so I could put everything in there and he can just blend it in the morning.  It all stays in the same cup, just swap the blade for a top.  

Re: Smoothie Makers

• The Ninja pulse has exactly what you described. Screw on the top, keep in the fridge, and then screw on the blade part to blend. I have one - it works great.

I use frozen fruit because I don't like my smoothies icey, if that makes sense. Frozen bananas give it the best consistency. I always use 1/2 or a whole banana, 1 other frozen fruit (berry, mango, etc.), big scoop of Greek yogurt and a splash of skim milk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MomtobeNJ said:
    The Ninja pulse has exactly what you described. Screw on the top, keep in the fridge, and then screw on the blade part to blend. I have one - it works great.

I use frozen fruit because I don't like my smoothies icey, if that makes sense. Frozen bananas give it the best consistency. I always use 1/2 or a whole banana, 1 other frozen fruit (berry, mango, etc.), big scoop of Greek yogurt and a splash of skim milk.
    by the time he would drink it, it would no longer be frozen.  He has an hour and a half commute to work.  So we are talking a couple hours from being made until consuming. Does it make sense to use a frozen fruit when it won't be frozen when drinking?  
  • Loading the player...
  • MomtobeNJ said:
    The Ninja pulse has exactly what you described. Screw on the top, keep in the fridge, and then screw on the blade part to blend. I have one - it works great.

by the time he would drink it, it would no longer be frozen.  He has an hour and a half commute to work.  So we are talking a couple hours from being made until consuming. Does it make sense to use a frozen fruit when it won't be frozen when drinking?  
    If he isn't going to drink it until he gets to work, I would make it the night before and freeze it.  By the time he got to work it should be thawed out to a decent consistency.  I used to do shakes in the morning and I made a week's worth at a time and would freeze them.  I commute almost an hour and by the time I got to work, got inside and arranged for the day I had a shake with decent consistency!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"