Potty Training
Options

Recommend your potty for a boy

I'm thinking about ordering the Bjorn one.  I read that all the bells & whistles on the fancier kinds can be distracting.

Re: Recommend your potty for a boy

• Options

We have a Bjorn one for my son, he started using it when he was about 18 months.  It is a great size potty for little ones.  Then I figure once my little one is getting better about going potty it will be a great one to keep in the van for when we are on the road.

The bells and whistles are way to much for when kids are learning. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have the Baby Bjorn (Target).  Its a small red seat, with a white insert you just clean out.  It sits next to our toilet, and its easy for him to get on and off. 

Its plain, and easy to use.   

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just bough the Bjorn one today...its replacing one with all the bells and whistles! Much easier to clean and it seems more comfortable for DS.
  • Options
    do NOT get the Cars red one with a flusher that sounds like a car - the thing is horrible and leaks like crazy!  we just bought the fisher price froggy one and have had no problems with it.  pretty similar design to the bjorn one but a fraction of the cost.
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We originally bought the Summer Infant one because I liked that it had a lid (train him early to put the lid and seat down!) and that there was a place for the wipes & tp, and that it could transition to the big toilet.  However, the first time he sat down on it, he ripped out the removable pee guard and broke it.  I called the company, and they sent me a new one for free....but I left in the box and bought the baby bjorn one.  Only issue we have with that one is that the insert sometimes sticks to his skin so if he jumps up off the potty....pee everywhere!  We are teaching him to get up slowly and to not lean back (again, pee everywere!), and he loves it.  Small enough to throw in the car for travel too!
  • Options
    We have the Bjorn potty. We got it around 18 months and now at 22 months he goes on it a lot. It's really easy to just take out the bowl and rinse it.

• Options
    I got the Safety 1st one at BBB.  It was only $11 and is a potty, has a removeable potty ring for the big potty, and can be used as a step stool.  The bowl is really easy to remove and clean.
    Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • Options
    We have the munchkin arm&hammer potty. It's awesome and has a lid that turns it into a stool for hand washing/climbing up to the big potty, an insert for big potties you can take with you when you're traveling, and a splash guard for little boys
    BabyFruit Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Bjorn one and the green one from IKEA.  I love the IKEA one.  Has a high part in front that helps to stop from pee-spray-outs.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    the Bjorn Smart potty or the Potty Chair?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"