Late Term and Child Loss

GTKY:

***Siggy warning***

Everyone is welcome in the GTKY! I read every one of the responses and truly love getting to know each of you a bit better. I know we have a lot of lurkers out there. This is a great place to jump in, especially if the check-ins are too painful for you. 

What is your favorite "getting to know you" question?

How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years?

If you are married/engaged...how did he ask? If not, how did he ask you out?

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together?
Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: GTKY:

• ***Siggy warning***

What is your favorite "getting to know you" question? No idea, but hopefully some of you will have some good ones we can use in the future!

How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years? We met playing games at a friend's house. I remember shaking his hand and looking into his eyes and feeling a connection. There was so much depth of understanding and emotion. It freaked me out and intrigued me at the same time. I felt an instant connection...and had no idea what to do with myself the rest of the evening. Favorite memory? He was my first kiss. We were hugging goodnight and kinda rubbing noses when he brushed my lips with a kiss. And I like an idiot, asked him if he just kissed me. He froze thinking he just shot himself in the foot, then I kissed him back. And after he left, I totally danced around the house. 

If you are married/engaged...how did he ask? If not, how did he ask you out? He created a scavenger hunt. It literally took me to three states (tristate area) and over 6hrs to complete. Oh, and he wasn't with me. He was ahead of me dropping the clues off so that he could be sure I found them. My sister went with me for most of it. I found him at the end of the hunt in the middle of a wooded trail. 

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together? We went to Boston! Good food and loads of places to see. It was cold and wet, and I had to buy rubber boots our second day there because my shoes were soaked. I still wear them all the time. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• What is your favorite "getting to know you" question?

Hmmm I think I like a fun fact most people in your life don't know about you.

How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years?

We met and started dating when we were 14. We have been together ever since. We went to different high schools but were both really involved in our student councils and met at a student council dance. Haha

This is one of my favorite stories. I'm a huge Disney fan and we went to Disney World to celebrate our 9 year anniversary of dating and long story short... Right before the fireworks were starting, he surprised me with dinner in the castle and for dessert the waiter brought out a silver platter with a glass slipper on it and a ring inside the slipper! It was magical!!

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together?

We went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon but I think my favorite was Maui for our one year anniversary.
  • Loading the player...
  • What is your favorite "getting to know you" question? I like to read other people's stories and such

How did you and DH meet?  Tell us your favorite memory from those early months/years. I was very casually dating another guy that one of my friends had already dated.  She swore to me that she didn't care and that I could go out with him...I kind of didn't feel it from the start but went on a few dates with him anyway...Turns out she did have a problem with it and desparately tried to start setting me up with other guys to get me away from the guy she used to date.  I agreed to go on a blind date with DH but was SUPER skeptical of who she was setting me up with because I knew why she was doing it.  DH and I ended up hitting it right off...we even discussed on our first date how skeptical we were of each other because of who set us up.  Fave memory- this is so cheesy but right when we met DH was about to take the bar exam and was VERY busy.  He kept saying that during the week of the bar we couldn't see each other and wouldn't be able to talk on the phone for long either so he could focus on the bar...we ended up hanging out several nights that week and staying on the phone till late at night...one night he even called me back to tell me that he wanted to keep talking.  it was really sweet.

If you are married how did he ask? i knew it was coming but had no clue when...one friday we had plans to go out to dinner with 2 other couples and I told my friend on the phone that day that I thought it would never happen and that it definitely wasn't happening that night because we had plans with other people.  he came over to pick me up for dinner and kept saying how upset his stomach was (because he was so nervous) and I didn't think twice about it.  We went to dinner with our friends and then went back to his house to "watch a movie".  he told me that his garage door had busted and that we had to go in the front door.  I still had NO clue.  he opens the front door and the entire houe is covered in candles, flowers, rose petals, etc. etc.  I still wasn't for sure what was happening until he pulled out the ring...i was so caught off guard.  He had champagne and wedding cake samples ready to go afterwards.

Where did you go on your honeymoon?  we went to Turks and Caicos for our honeymoon...it was beautiful and very relaxing and we ended up bringing home a puppy!!!  (the one in my avatar).  we are crazy.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• What is your favorite "getting to know you" question?   Oh , I like them all :)
    How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years?    We met on eHarmony. I've been begging him for years to try and get on the commercials and make some dough, LOL  My favorite memory is our first date...he brought me a can of beer (LOL) and calla lillies. It was snowing and he cleaned off my car before his own. He's been taking care of me like that for the last five years.
    If you are married/engaged...how did he ask? If not, how did he ask you out?  He proposed in the parking lot of the restaurant where we had our first date. It was on our 1 year anniversary. We alreayd picked out the ring and booked the hall but I wanted a proper proposal....so I was expecting but not expecting it 
    Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together? We went to Riviera Maya to escape the cold Chicago weather of November. It was a nice relaxing getaway :)
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• What is your favorite "getting to know you" question?  Asking anything about my pets, lol.  It's a safe zone, and I could talk about them for probably way too long!

How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years?  We met back in the days of Yahoo!Personals. Internet love, lol.  We talked on the phone for a couple of weeks and then had our first date.  We ate at a Greek restaurant that was near my apt., and we have gone back there every year :)

If you are married/engaged...how did he ask? If not, how did he ask you out? This story is decidedly unromantic, lol.  We (I?) picked out a ring that I loved, but it needed to be resized.  They told us it would take a week or so, but I was so impatient that I wanted a cheap something else so I would at least *have* a ring.  (Spoiled brat syndrome I guess!)  So DH said we could do that and that we'd  pick something out the next day.  Then he sent me to the bookstore next door so he could finalize payment etc.  That night, I made a giant meal of enchiladas and literally had to lie down in our bed afterward bc I had stuffed myself.  Dh came in, and I said, with closed eyes, "Don't even think about it.  I"m a fatty right now."  LOL.  He didn't reply, so I opened my eyes, and he was kneeling by the bed with the ring I had picked out!  He paid extra to have them resize it in store that day.  (Sing it in your head- He went to Jared's).  Enchiladas are a celebration meal now :)

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together?  We went on a southern Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon and had an amazing time!  I love cruising- partly because I love tropical boozy drinks :)  We have been to Hawaii twice as well and it is my absolute favorite place in the world.  Next on our list is New Zealand or Australia!

@Noethola- Your DH sounds so romantic!  I swooned a little just reading your stories!

@Shulme2- Your's is too!  A glass slipper with a ring in it?  That truly is magical!  We have been to O'Ahu and the Big Island, but would love to make it to Maui next year.  Any favorite spots?

@marylaurena- Wedding cake is the best! I love that your DH had some ready to go!

@RedheadBaker- Congrats on your engagement!  Christmas engagements always seem so special <3

@Aragosta- lol @all the making out!  Making out while dating is definitely fun :)

@kflynn81- What a guy!  Chivalry is not dead <3  My DH does awesome stuff like that too, and I just love that feeling!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
    Questions about travel, pet, interests.

We met in high school. I had thought he was cute since I was a freshman, but I was really shy and it wasn't til our senior year that we were introduced through a mutual friend and he asked me out. Favorite memory - while in school, we would write notes to each other and pass them back and forth between classes. I still have all of our notes from back then and love going back and reading them.

I am a huge fan of the tv show Friends, and when my DH proposed it was similar to Monica and chandler's proposal. I went over to his apartment after work one Friday and when I walked in all the lights were out and there were candles everywhere. He was down on one knee, in a tux, holding a bouquet of roses and the ring. I was totally surprised.

On our honeymoon we went on a cruise to the Mexican riviera. It was nice and relaxing.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.

I agree with the pet questions, also vacationing questions are always great, especially when it is FREEZING outside

DH and I have known each other since Kindergarten.  He is my brother's best friend.  As kids he was ALWAYS so mean to me. He is an only child and hated that my brother took me everywhere.  Once we started dating my favorite memory is just how he always wanted to be near me.

We went to Toronto for the weekend.  A friend insisted he was going to propose at a restaurant, but I didn't think he would. Then the one morning I woke up and he had gone out to get breakfast.  When he came back, he said he bought me a present, I was hoping a chocolate croissant :)  But instead he gave me a photo album with photos of my favourite day together (a previous conversation we had had) in the Muir Woods in San Fran.  I was surprised, and confused.  He was hurt and thought I didn't like it.  Then he said, I have another present. And put the ring box on t,he bed. My response was "What is that?" Once I opened it, I repeated myself "what is that?"  He said, its an engagement ring, will you marry me?  I was SOOOO surprised and started laughing. And then of course said yes. 

We got married and honeymooned in Panama. It was amazing.  But my favourite vacation was when we drove from Detroit to San Diego. It was 15 days and it was amazing. We drove to San Fran and then down the coast.  It definitely sealed the deal.
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like hearing anything!

We were friends - met through a blogger meet up. He was always so much fun to hang out with vs. my actual boyfriend! One of my favorite things to do was to go to the drive in with him and watch movies with our friends.

He proposed on New Year's Eve. We were at home making a fancy dinner and dancing and he just got down on one knee. It was perfect.

We went to Playa del Carmen on our honeymoon, and went to Maui for our babymoon with DD1.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ticker warning

What is your favorite "getting to know you" question?  I think questions about what makes you unqiue, or an odd quirk about yourself are interesting.

How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years?  We met through his cousin.  She and I had been friends for years, and he had just called off his wedding a few months before.  She told me about him, and told him about me and one day he called me.  I was very nervous about going out with someone who was potentially on the rebound, but his relationship was over long before he called it off, and we clicked right away.  Honestly, our relationship has gotten so much stronger over the years, there isn't a ton I miss about the early years.  It took us a while to figure things out, and we both had to make a lot of changes in order to make life easier (ie learning which fights to battle and which to let go).  But I do fondly remember the first few weeks where we were so infatuated with each other we couldn't stand to be apart.  New love :)

If you are married/engaged...how did he ask? If not, how did he ask you out?  I knew it was coming soon, we had a lot of open and honest discussion about getting married.  So around Christmas of that year I was "on the look out" for signs he would do it soon.  But he completely surprised me.  It was a random Tuesday night in late January, we got home from running errands, and watched a movie while eating dinner.  Suddenly a big box wrapped in red paper in the corner of the room caught my eye.  I asked what it was and he played dumb and told me to open it.  The box was about the size that a crockpot would come in.  So I opened it and inside was a smaller box, and a smaller one, and a smaller one until I finally got to the ring.  He never got down on one knee, or actually asked will you marry me, but he said "You're my best friend and we belong together, so how about it".  It was perfect. 

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together?  We went to a resort in Jamaica.  It was a tad dissapointing just because we didn't plan any adventurous stuff before hand and once there, nothing worked out (a small hurricane came through).  So we mostly just relaxed by the pool and beach, but that was great too, just not quite what we expected.  We were also a little bummed that it was low tourist season so most of the restaurants were closed and we ate at the same buffet for almost every meal all week.  But we still had a great time, it was very relaxing and beautiful and after 9 months of stressful wedding planning, it was great to just be with my husband and relax.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• ~~Siggy Warning~~

What is your favorite "getting to know you" question?  Anything about food! :)

How did you and your SO/DH meet? Tell us a favorite memory from those early months/years?  We met at church - he sang in the church choir I was directing.  We starting becoming friends when he asked me to dog/house sit while he was out of time for work - the rest is history!

If you are married/engaged...how did he ask? If not, how did he ask you out?  He told me because of his past that we needed to date for at least a year before we would get engaged (though we knew within months that we were in this for the long haul and had gone ring shopping...) so on the 365th day of dating, he proposed at one of our favorite spots - a local lake with a gazebo.  It was a gorgeous fall day!

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Or a favorite vacation you have taken together?  We honeymooned in Napa Valley and it was amazing!!   A beautiful place, great wine, ahhhh, I want to go back!!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"