Nurseries and Baby Gear

car seat for city mini

hey what do you girls recommend as the best carseat for the City Mini?
We had a Chicco for my daughter but I don't see where that would adapt, looking at Britax?
photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: car seat for city mini

• I used a Chicco with my CM. You just have to buy the adapter.

I'm thinking of Britax myself this time around because the adapter is much cheaper. It's around $20
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Used our Graco Snug Ride 35 with the adaptor frame. when we noticed the adaptor broke when LO was about 5months old so instead of replacing that, we bought at 2nd hand Snap N Go - works better for when we take LO out and need the larger basket. We use the City Mini for neighborhood walks (the big car seat adaptor made the folded stroller take up more space in the back of the car & less convienient).

If I recall, one of the other carseat brands snaps onto the much less bulky adapor ... maybe download the manual for the stroller and see which brand of carseat does that. (or I think the stroller reviews from Baby Gizmo talks about different adaptors)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like the adapter that Baby Jogger has for the City Mini and the Graco Snugride 35 (literally the ONLY thing I didn't like about my City Mini) - it's the "Multi-Model" adapter.  I never thought it secured very well, and you have to latch this awkward strap over the car seat and the baby.  If I had to do it again, I would pick a car seat model that does not need that strap.  The Britax and UppaBaby Mesa adapters are simple clips on either side - no bar or straps required.
  • The Britax adaptor is much better in terms of  ease of use. You just click it into the adaptors on the sides of the stroller rather than click it into a bar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I second getting a used snap n go over the adapter. If we were just going for a walk I put DD right into the stroller since it reclines flat and used a snap n go when we were in and out of the car.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just be careful when getting a graco snugride! I got a "click connect" and it doesn't work with the adapter. You have to get the "classic connect". I returned the click connect tonight at bru and then had to buy the classic connect at amazon.
    After playing around with the City Mini just to get the hang of it, is it just me or when you have the adapter on it, it won't fold fully, or lock in the folded position? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Yeah the Graco Click Connect car seats don't work with the Graco adaptor, but the Chicco adaptor does.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Just be careful when getting a graco snugride! I got a "click connect" and it doesn't work with the adapter. You have to get the "classic connect". I returned the click connect tonight at bru and then had to buy the classic connect at amazon. After playing around with the City Mini just to get the hang of it, is it just me or when you have the adapter on it, it won't fold fully, or lock in the folded position? Am I doing something wrong?
    It's not just you.  My CM is from 2010, but I never liked the car seat adapter with the bar for the Graco SnugRide.  I always took off the adapter to fold the stroller.  If I had to do it again, I would buy a different car seat that didn't need an adapter with a bar (but I loved the stroller otherwise).  I just bought a new Baby Jogger City Versa for DS#2, and I'm actually considering trading in our 3 year old Graco SnugRide so I can buy a Britax instead, only because of the car seat adapter issue.
  • Does anyone use the City Mini without the adapter and just bring the infant carrier separately to use on a plane, in a restaurant, etc?  I really want to get the City Mini Double, but I've been stalling on my decision because I've heard that installing the adapter needed for the Graco Snugride makes the stroller difficult to fold.

• @SkiHorse yes, it does prevent the stroller from folding as nicely If we bring our City Mini out with us, her infant carseat just stays in the car. You can always take the infant seat & carry it - is just a little bulky & gets heavy and akward to carry the further you're walking.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • laurel22 said:

Just be careful when getting a graco snugride! I got a "click connect" and it doesn't work with the adapter. You have to get the "classic connect". I returned the click connect tonight at bru and then had to buy the classic connect at amazon.
    After playing around with the City Mini just to get the hang of it, is it just me or when you have the adapter on it, it won't fold fully, or lock in the folded position? Am I doing something wrong?

It's not just you.  My CM is from 2010, but I never liked the car seat adapter with the bar for the Graco SnugRide.  I always took off the adapter to fold the stroller.  If I had to do it again, I would buy a different car seat that didn't need an adapter with a bar (but I loved the stroller otherwise).  I just bought a new Baby Jogger City Versa for DS#2, and I'm actually considering trading in our 3 year old Graco SnugRide so I can buy a Britax instead, only because of the car seat adapter issue.

My impression is that all car seats need an adapter with the CM, no? Are there seats that fit right in without an adapter?

• laurel22laurel22 member
    edited January 2014
    They all need adapters, but not all of them need adapters with a bar that sticks out.  Britax car seats and the new UppaBaby Mesa car seat both snap in using clips on each side, no bar required.  It's much easier to fold the stroller with those types of clips.

ETA:  See the links below:

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Britax-B-Safe-Adaptor/dp/B00A7DATQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390587785&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+jogger+city+mini+britax+adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-UPPAbaby-Adapter-Single/dp/B00CQVIQI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390587849&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+jogger+city+mini+uppa+baby+adapter

They're also cheaper than the "multi-model" adapter with the bar.
  • I personally do not vote for a Snap n Go. I much preferred to use my City Mini with the adapter instead. Two strollers not really for me.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• thanks everyone!!! very helpful :)
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards