2nd Trimester
Options

SLEEP Issues

Hi Ladies, I know that in the third tri, we are going to be unable to sleep due to being large, uncomfortable, etc. But is anyone else already having sleep issues? I seem to wake up every 90 minutes or so -- typically at the tail end of some crazy dream. Then have difficulty falling back asleep. And unlike in the first tri, when I could literally have just slept 20 hours a day, now when I wake up in the morning, no matter what time I go to bed I am AWAKE and can't fall back asleep. Went to a friend's bday party on Saturday night and was up until after 1 am but popped out of bed at 6 am unable to sleep. And the peeing every hour or two certainly is not helping with the whole sleep thing. Its totally manageable but seeing as I am only 17 weeks, I am scared of what is to come...
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: SLEEP Issues

• Options
    I also seem to wake up at the end of crazy dreams (and man, there are some doozies!)  I tend to have a hard time getting to sleep most nights, even though like last night I was exhausted and ready for bed by 8:00 PM!  According to my Fitbit, it still took me 55 minutes to actually fall asleep.   :(  In the mornings I am (currently) still pretty tired so waking up early and staying awake hasn't been a problem, yet, though I'm sure that can change.  I've always had trouble with sleep though so none of this surprises me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't even know what sleep is.  Between insomnia and a 2 yr old who has learned how to escape his bedroom in the middle of the night, there is no sleep. 
    You are not alone.

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I cannot get comfortable. I'm a stomach sleeper so having to move to sleeping on my side has been a challenge. I'm trying pillows around my stomach, between my knees- it's not really working! Between that and having to use the bathroom every 2 hours, I think it's nature preparing us to never sleep again :)
  • Options
    Im getting 3-5 hours on average a night. Its horrible.

27 y/o - Dx with PCOS 7/10/13 - Started on Metformin 8/26/13.

BFP - 11/19/13      EDD - 7/18/14

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's already kicked in for me too. I miss sleep!
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    same story here for the last two days, it makes me late for work because I'm in the middle of finally getting some sleep when my alarm goes off and I can't get up and then I wake up cranky and tired all day. The peeing doesn't help and my sinuses which decided to get annoyingly blocked while I sleep hasn't helped either. I wake up feeling like I fought a battle in my sleep and oh God the bad weird dreams I get
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"