July 2014 Moms
Options

Snack tips

I lost quite a bit of weight first tri & while Iam feeling better now I still am not feeling especially hungry. I know we are supposed to be eating an extra 300 calories a day but I am honestly feeling like I am having trouble getting just the basic amount of calories in a day! Any tips for healthy protein packed snacks? I want to make sure I am giving my baby what it needs!

Re: Snack tips

• Options
    Peanut butter - hummus - bean dip - protein shakes - cottage cheese & fruit - yogurt

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    I'm eating string cheese like nobody's business. And a lot of Greek yogurt and peanut butter sandwiches. I still don't think I've gained anything because of first tri and now I'm sick, so I feel your pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nachos?  No?  Is that just me?  Just kidding (not really).   :)

Nuts are great snacks, protein + good fats.  Plus, they are delicious.  Yogurts are good too, easy to pack.  The only other thing that I use as a go to is fruit.  Bananas travel well (I'm always late to be somewhere). 
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Options
    I start each day with a breakfast shake ( carnation or Special K or even slim fast) because it has lots of protein and it keeps me from getting nauseous. It has really helped because it is convenient too. Don't forget the healthy nuts. I know sometimes it can be wasteful but look in the single serving size like for packing lunch because I know I am more likely to eat fruit, pudding, yogurt, nuts, etc if it is super convenient and lots of choices because the same thing doesn't sound good everyday.
    TTC since 5/11 both uf us are >35
    Clomid 4cycles pregnancy ended in MC 6/12
    IUI #1,2, 3 and 4 ALL BFN.
    Moved on to IVF in Jan. 2013 Beta #1 288, Beta #2 529 Heartbeat on 2/8! Miscarriage at 15 weeks. 4 months to be complete. Every test known to science. No known reason for MC. FET Oct 2013 BFP on 11/2. Beta# 1 910. Successful pregnancy! {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    Oatmeal is a good one for me - the Better Oats brand has "healthy" options with protein and fiber, and they are pretty inexpensive and easy to make.

I also mix oat bran into my Greek yogurt for extra calories and fiber.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, you will get hungry eventually. I have only really been hungry for about 2 weeks and I'm 16 weeks along. One of my favorite healthy snacks is peanut butter on a halved banana with honey and trail mix.
  • Options
    Eat what you can. If you're not hungry don't overdue it. You'll be okay. I've lost a lot of weight as well. Baby will still get what he/she needs. Just eat what you can. String cheese and snack cheddar cheese were my friend for a while. almonds and dried fruit (trail mixes etc) I found are awesome. Anything with peanut butter is a good caloric intake as well ( fruit bread crackers with some PB). I did Greek yogurt as well especially because it has a lot of protein.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"