April 2013 Moms
Options

Speaking of birthday parties...

I have clearly never hosted a child's birthday party. This is also the first grandbaby in the family, so I don't have much to compare it to. Here is what I was thinking of doing: having it catered by our favorite local Mexican restaurant (doing a fajita bar, probably) and having cake and then a pink candy bar for favors. Do I need to have anything to entertain people? I mean what do people do at a first birthday party?! 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Speaking of birthday parties...

• Options
    Yeah, just depends on 1) what you WANT to do, and 2) what your "norm" is.   Some people go all out.  We'll have family over and maybe a few friends, cake, maybe sandwiches or sloppy joes or pizza or something... super casual... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sheesh, haven't you ever BEEN to a birthday party?!

Haha just kidding.

Since ours will be mostly adults (a couple friends have babies, but no young kids), we are just serving some alcohol, food, and letting people mingle. No games or anything organized. 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    As far as his first birthday will go, it'll be casual in the sense that there won't be a crazy amount of entertainment and tons of money spent. It'd be akin to a small family reunion in both states. I am thinking about making dinner, if I do it will be thanksgiving style.. what I will make? I don't know yet.. maybe ham and sides or I might even order pizza.

The adults will just socialize and catch up.. the kids will have some games to play. That is basically it for entertainment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cece I want to come to your party!! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"