Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Dumb question - what does your LO sleep in?

DS' room is kept at around 65 degrees throughout the time.  We used to put him in a long-sleeve onesie, fleece footed PJs, then a fleece armless sleep sack over top.  He recently had a growth spurt and outgrew most of his onesies and fleece PJs.  Today when I went to get new ones, I couldn't find onesies for 18 - 24 months and I was told that fleece footed PJs are no longer being carried this late into the winter season.  I went to 3 different stores.  Finally, I bought a few cotton footed PJs but am worried that DS will get cold at night.  I don't really want to turn the temperature up for the entire house; and am worried that a little heater in his room would make it too dry (DS has eczema).  He won't keep a blanket on.

Re: Dumb question - what does your LO sleep in?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Carters stores as well as their website have both flannel pjs and onesies in both 18 and 24 month sizes.

My son sleeps in one piece flannel pjs and a cotton sleep sack. We do keep our house at 67 though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Loading the player...
  • smileybabyboysmileybabyboy member
    edited January 2014
    I would try a consignment store.  I also saw some at walmart the other day. They usually carry stuff for all seasons.  DS's room is about 63 and we keep a space heater in his room so it doesn't get too cold.  We also have a humidifier on in there every night.  It doesn't help with the eczema but it keeps him from drying out his airways. He wears the same thing in 18 month size, long sleeved onesie, fleece pj's and fleece sleepsack.  You could always order them online.  
  • DD sleeps in cotton two-piece PJs and socks OR a onesie and fleece footie jammies.  Either way, she also has a sleep sack.  We got a big, thick, sleeping bag type that is 18-36 months.  Her room is the coldest part of the house, but she stays nice and warm.

You can usually find off-season stuff on Amazon or the Carter's website.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • usually 68 degrees in our bedrooms
    DD#2 sleeps in fleece footed pjs and a fleece sleep sack
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS sleeps in either cotton pj's and a fleece sleep sack or fleece pj's and a cotton sleep sack. It usually around 67 at night in our house.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok thanks everyone! The closest Carter's is a 45 minute drive, but I'll check Walmart and see if they have anything.
  • Lily wears fleece footie pj's, all bought at walmart, mine still has them, I just bought some for her and my nephew.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We ordered flannel footie pj's from carters. We also have a warm mist humidifier in DD's room.

• I HATE the Gerber fleece ones. They get super pilly. The Carters ones never seem to have that problem.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS sleeps with a long sleeve cotton top/bottom set (from GAP or Kohl's usually) with no socks and a blanket.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Fleece footed pjs when LO is in a good mood before bed, or the last two nights we put cotton separates on him because he wouldn't wear the footed pjs. We just added extra blankets and he seemed fine.
  • We do footed PJs and he has a blanket. But, his room is usually in the low 70's. It's always the warmest room in the house for some reason.

I'd check online for PJs, you might score some good deals this time of year.
  • Hmm...if you are looking for fleece footed pajamas, I would try a consignment store as they will be selling things for all seasons or try shopping online. It's kind of ridiculous how they start selling spring clothing when there is still a couple months of winter left.

My LO just sleeps in panama pants and a long sleeved T.  She doesn't like having a blanket on her either.  She gets really warm while sleeping, so she doesn't like too many layers even though we keep the room cool.
  • Depending on how cold it gets at night (baby's room tends to fluctuate no matter what we set it on), DS has either cotton or fleece footie jammies, and then we use these: https://zipadeezip.com/ since it's still not recommended for him to have a blanket. These come in cotton, flannel, or fleece.

Pregnancy Ticker

• DS2 sleeps in a long sleeve onesie, socks and footed, fleece pajamas over that.  His room is chilly despite keeping our heat set quite high and he doesn't mind the layers.  There is no getting him to stay under a blanket but he has about 5 in there with him to cuddle with so sometimes he manages to halfway get under one.  
  • My son sleeps in either footed pj's or two piece pj's and no socks either way, he's just take them off anyway.
    He sleeps with 2 or 3 blankets (one heavier two light) and never stays under them, always just cuddles them.  He has the coldest room in the house, we keep our thermostat at 66-68 and his room always manages to be around 65 - 67.  He HATES being too hot.  We also run a humidifier at night.
    In the summer his room is always the hottest so on top of having the central air on, he had his own little fan and he sleeps in either a two piece short set or just a onesie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She used to just sleep in fleece pjs but we got her a sleep sack a few weeks ago too. We keep it set at 72.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"