March 2014 Moms

How tired are you?

NoelleZakoNoelleZako member
edited January 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I just wanted to do a quick poll to see how everyone is feeling. I am hoping it will make me feel less guilty for feeling done with this whole pregnancy thing. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful for this little blessing and want him to take as long as he needs to be a healthy boy. I just never knew how extremely uncomfortable the whole experience truly would be (obviously FTM here). I am at a breaking point and feel like work may just be pushing me over the edge. Anyone else care to share how they feel? Also any advice from STMs on how to get through the last few weeks would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: spelling
BabyName Ticker}

How tired are you? 262 votes

I feel awesome!
16% 43 votes
I'm so done with it
59% 156 votes
Not sure I ever want to do this again
17% 45 votes
SS or already had my baby
6% 18 votes

Re: How tired are you?

• I feel like there needs to be an option between "awesome" and "over it" - because that's me! I'm just eh. Not feeling awesome but I feel ok for the most part.

This!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @laura8388 I am so glad your little man is doing so well. I love reading your updates. All those mommies with march outside babies really do help me appreciate still having him inside and I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. You ladies are what helps me realize I would rather this discomfort than his possible discomfort on the outside too early.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • I feel like there needs to be an option between "awesome" and "over it" - because that's me! I'm just eh. Not feeling awesome but I feel ok for the most part.

ditto. I voted awesome, but it's not quite that, but I'm definitely not "over it" either.
    imageimage
  • Is there a way I can add an option on mobile?
    BabyName Ticker}
  • kaking78 said:
    Right now I'm experiencing spurts of energy for a few hours and then I want to spend the rest of the day holding down the sofa.  At least that means we got the nursery painted today!

This. It really depends on the day, but I am somewhere between awesome and over it.
  • lalaith50 said:

I feel like there needs to be an option between "awesome" and "over it" - because that's me! I'm just eh. Not feeling awesome but I feel ok for the most part.

ditto. I voted awesome, but it's not quite that, but I'm definitely not "over it" either.

This for me

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been "over it" since week 25! ;-)

I'm glad that she is healthy and growing and I am not going to do anything to make her come any earlier than she needs to but I am seriously tired of being pregnant. I am getting small bursts of energy here lately which is helping a little with the cleanliness of my house. Laundry is caught up and my hospital go bag is 90% packed.

This is me too.  I feel perfectly fine, but I am so ready to meet her.  So somewhere in the middle.

imageimage

• I am exhausted but I don't feel "over it".
  • Since Friday, every time I've slept, I've woken up feeling (and looking) bigger. It's borderline ridiculous. I've planned on working up until labor, but after being told at my appointment Friday that I'm 2cm dilated (35w today) I made a joke that I should totally be written off work. The nurse was so serious and wanted to double check since I told her the OB hadn't done so. He said it was my choice. I didn't "have" to be, but if I want to or feel like I should be he would write the order. After this weekend, I'm really considering taking him up on it.
  • i have had "the pregnancy from hell" according to my doctor. mostly because i have so much scar tissue in my uterus and it causes a lot of pain. That being said most of this pregnancy i thought i cant do this again. despite that my hips feel they need to pop back in place, my back is killing me, flexeril is a daily thing, i cant breathe half of the time, my sciatic pain is out of control, i feel like someone is stabbing me in the uterus, and my migraines are terrible. now that is getting to the end and i am starting to believe pregnancy actually will lead to a baby i want to have another one. i know this one was a miracle and i dont know if i can have more but i am up for trying.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• CactusGirlCactusGirl member
    edited January 2014
    Overall I'm good in the day, no real complaints there.

However, I just don't sleep at night. I toss and turn and just can't get comfy. It's weird, I feel like I have so much weight on my thighs and hips that it cuts off the circulation on the leg underneath me (when I'm on my side) so I'm constantly moving around. Darn sleep pregnancy problems.

ETA: Turning over is a challenge in itself!

• I'm physically OK most of the time but mentally exhausted, between work being stressful and my toddler being demanding. I think it's more that the mental exhaustion manifests itself in physical exhaustion.

But I agree with everyone else that it's somewhere between "awesome" and "over it". I've just come to accept that it's par for the course, and I guess as a STM I also have an appreciation for those last precious days before your life changes.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • I'm over it and I KNOW I don't want to do it ever again (STM mom here). I'm definitely feeling more uncomfortable this time than the last and it seems like I'm feeling it earlier. I can't believe I still have just over 7 more weeks left. Not sure how I'm going to make it!!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Over. It. It hurts to move and breathe and everything else. I know these boys need to stay put for another few weeks, but I am so done.
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I feel great the majority of the time, but some days I tell DH I'm never doing this again. Pregnancy is hard and until you're actually pregnant, you don't realize how hard it really is.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Today I'm over it. I'm tired and sore; I could barely make it grocery shopping. Other days I'm ok though.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • I'm so over it, and SURE I never want to do it again! But then again, this is #3, and I have a toddler and preschooler at home.

Just going to the store with them last week was so arduous I spent the afternoon in bed. I'm ready for my energy back, and to get in the swing of having 3 kiddos!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• KariB509 said:

I'm over it and I KNOW I don't want to do it ever again (STM mom here). I'm definitely feeling more uncomfortable this time than the last and it seems like I'm feeling it earlier. I can't believe I still have just over 7 more weeks left. Not sure how I'm going to make it!!

This. EXACTLY! I'm so glad we decided 2 was our limit. I cannot do this again. Much worse this time around.
  • I am SOOOOO uncomfortable and frustrated as I really want to clean etc but I can hardly even bend down to pick something up!!!
    I have shooting pains in my pelvis so I spend most of my time sitting down.
    This is my third pregnancy and I'm sure I wasn't like this with my last two.

Having said that I know I should be trying to enjoy this time as it will be my last pregnancy.

I really need to get my butt to the pool for pregnancy water aerobics but I kinda want a friend to go with me!!! Cos I'm a little emotional like a five year old!
  • I'm pretty sure i am one and done.
    It took a lot for me to get pregnant this time, lots of emotional stress. Plus this pregnancy has not been the easiest to say the least. I picked "over it" although depending on the day i could be "i never want to do this again".

I am not ruling out the possibility of more kids...okay another child..but it will be way way way in the future.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ufsandra85ufsandra85 member
    edited January 2014
    FFwifey said:

i have had "the pregnancy from hell" according to my doctor. mostly because i have so much scar tissue in my uterus and it causes a lot of pain. That being said most of this pregnancy i thought i cant do this again. despite that my hips feel they need to pop back in place, my back is killing me, flexeril is a daily thing, i cant breathe half of the time, my sciatic pain is out of control, i feel like someone is stabbing me in the uterus, and my migraines are terrible. now that is getting to the end and i am starting to believe pregnancy actually will lead to a baby i want to have another one. i know this one was a miracle and i dont know if i can have more but i am up for trying.

wow I just have to comment that you are one tough mama! You've been through a lot just to get pregnant plus the terrible pregnancy symptoms you've had. I went through one devastating miscarriage and know how exhausting it was through the whole loss and then trying to get pregnant again plus not worry insanely about the new LO growing inside you. Just wanted to say that I'm so happy for you to be finally getting the baby you deserve and that you're almost there! 

Thank you so much. That means a lot!

Edited so it didn't all blend together

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• I am closer to 32years old than 31 and I feel 175 years old. This is our last baby and omg some things just don't get better with age!!! This pregnancy has been so hard on me. With my other 2 I was young in my 20's and even with the health problems I felt great almost all of the time. I hate my past pregnant self >:)
  • Between pregnancy discomfort, a snoring husband, and a DS that forgot what sleep was... I'm definitely exhausted. I wouldn't say I'm "over" being pregnant though, since I knew this was part of it from the beginning.
  • I'm not feeling awesome but I'm still enjoying feeling him move a lot and am not over it yet. 

DD is getting her 2 year molars, and I am SOOO over getting up multiple times a night with her and being exhausted because of that. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• I think I'm in the minority in that I still am loving being pg, although I'm a few weeks behind many of the earlier Marchies. I get uncomfortable if I have to walk a lot, and I'm pretty tired most of the time, but I still love it. I didn't really 'show' until I hit about months 6 / 7 and now that I'm crazy obviously pg it's fun to see how excited all my friends and family are getting. LO is just starting to let other people besides DH and I feel him move (before he would freeze up when others put their hands on my belly) so the bride at a wedding over the weekend and a friend from school both got to feel him. My friends also kept coming up and touching my bump and hugging me from behind with hands on bump saying how excited they were. it was super sweet :)

• I'm a STM and over it! Last time... Unicorn... This time: preggo troll. Why did no one warn of a little devil called SPD!? Also I keep catching every little bug-currently have the flu and pink eye lol. Also, my 3yo is still not sleeping through the night sooo I'm basically crazy as a fox for getting knocked up again. This little one is a rainbow girl after a few losses, so I feel blessed to have her but wish I could skip to the whole birthing part and be done with pregnancy. Husband is getting the snip after she's here. Done! Haha :)
  • I'm in between "feeling awesome" and "I just want to crawl back to bed" I felt a new source of energy today somehow :) so happy I got to do a lot of things. Don't know about tomorrow, got an early OB appointment and my body is just so use to sleeping till noon. So we'll see how everything goes!
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • I'll start with the obvious: I'm so grateful to be carrying a healthy LO and I want him to cook as long as he needs to...but I am definitely over it! Every single joint in my body is killing me. All of my extremities are swollen to the point of utter ridiculousness. My hands hurt so bad that I can barely hold an ink pen or my toothbrush. I get winded with the slightest activity. If I sit more than 20 minutes my body aches terribly so I get up and walk. If I walk or stand too long my feet hurt so bad that I'm not sure if I can make it back to the couch sometimes. I knew I would have a hard time being pregnant (especially towards the end) because I have lupus, but I truly wasn't expecting it to take this much of a toll on my body. Like I said, I really do want LO to keep cooking and I know how lucky I am to have this healthy little guy inside, but if someone could just advance time to about five weeks from now, I would not object!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"