December 2012 Moms

Hands off!

Ok...I thought we were past the random strangers touching our kids phase....but apparently not....
DD is a flirt. She loves to wave and say "hi" to strangers, and if they wave back, she'll spend the rest of the time we're around them waving and smiling and such. We were in Mcdonalds this morning for breakfast, and some guy walked past our table. DD flashed him a big smile, waved, and said "hi". The guy gets up from his table, walks over, and before Mom or I could respond, he grabbed her hand, held it for a few secs, and the walked away.....I was too stunned to say/do anything, but what the crap?? Did I miss the memo where it's ok to touch kids you don't know, especially during cold & flu season in an area where several people have died from the flu? I wish I had said something but by the time I had words, he was gone.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: Hands off!

• I find that people are more likely to touch Morgan now that she's older and more friendly.  I have more people trying to talk to and touch her than when she was a baby.  I always keep baby wipes and stuff so anytime someone I don't know touches her I wash her hands right away.  I might seem overbearing but I would rather be safe than sorry...I don't need her down with the flu or something worse!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• I find that people are more likely to touch Morgan now that she's older and more friendly.  I have more people trying to talk to and touch her than when she was a baby.  I always keep baby wipes and stuff so anytime someone I don't know touches her I wash her hands right away.  I might seem overbearing but I would rather be safe than sorry...I don't need her down with the flu or something worse!

yeah..that's what we did, but I wish I had the ability to fire off snarky comments to people to let them know what they did was stupid...but I never think of anything good until well after the fact...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • haha that happened to us with dd before and the stranger did the exact same thing! He just held her hand for a few seconds. Yea, some people just have to make contact and I think its annoying too. It is def the season of hand wipes. Then again, dd often tries to grab the waiter/waitress or people randomly who walk by our cart, so I guess it goes both ways. Luckily everyone is pretty used to it. One waitress told me how some little boy kept trying to grab at her butt one time and the parents were mortified but she just laughed at it because its what kids do. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Luckily if anyone tries to touch Killian before he's good & ready he will lean away or hide in my shoulder, even if he's just been smiling & waving from a foot away. 
    I did have some old lady who was playing with him in the store take his hand and "eat" it. He kept giving her the strangest look and I finally said that was enough. She just laughed & said "Oh my grandbabies love it when I do this!" I just smiled and walked away.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • JessAnnJJessAnnJ member
    edited January 2014
    I don't like it, but if someone just touched DDs hand quickly I would never make a snarky comment. What would that accomplish? Your DD probably made someone's morning with her smiles and waves and he will be telling people about the cute baby he saw at mcdonalds. I get being annoyed during cold/flu season, i would be too, I just don't think you should regret not making a snarky comment.

Edit to add - @kescalera did she put her mouth on his hand? Yikes. I can't even imagine what I would say. We've only had hand touchers.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• @JessAnnJ - yep, kissy-kissy, pretended to put it in her mouth. I was so shocked at first I didn't know what to do.
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"