Pregnant after IF

Not really PAIF related: Make ahead meals

Hey everyone, I'm trying find some make-ahead (and freeze-able if possible) recipes. Anybody have any favorites? 

I really love this one despite all the chopping required:
Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
IUI #1-2 BFN
IUI #3 BFP = C/P
IUI #4-6 BFNs
IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Not really PAIF related: Make ahead meals

• I love make ahead meals! I'm trying to get a good list together for when after babies are here.

These are my go-to's (sorry no recipes, I just wing them!)
    - Chili
    - Lasagna
    - Chicken Noodle Soup
    - Chicken Tortilla Soup
    - Breakfast burritos
    - Chicken enchiladas
    - Baked ziti

For the soups you just hold off on adding the cream based items till you're putting it together.

• Pinterest has a ton of recipes that have been great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I made Sunday gravy (slow-cooked meat sauce) and froze a bunch of it. Right now while I'm tired, we've been digging into it for a quick and easy dinner. I'm definitely doing it again. It's so good and so easy.

I also made chili and froze some

I've froze some crock pot chicken recipes in the past. Most of them were tasty and easy. This is the website I got a majority of them off of:  https://www.dollopsofdiane.com/2013/04/crock-pot-freezer-recipes-chicken.html?m=0
  • Do you have a crockpot?  If so, that's your new best friend!  Google "dump recipes" or "dump crockpot recipes."  Generally you dump a pound or 2 of chicken/beef in a freezer ziploc, add chopped veggies and sauce, and freeze it.  Thaw it the night before, then dump it in the crockpot in the morning (or a baking dish an hour before dinner) and bake it.

Also google "OAMC" (once a month cooking) - there are several sites out there with lots of good tips, recipes, even shopping/planning lists.

Quiche and lasagna are great for make ahead.  I made "unstuffed peppers" - a casserole of bell peppers, ground beef/turkey, etc. - and that worked out pretty well.  An easy way to start is if you're cooking dinner, making twice as much and freeze the second half.  Good luck!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • I made some pizza dough and will bake up a bunch of calzones for us this week to freeze for after the baby comes. I got all the inside ingredients and it is super easy.

Also hoping to do some make ahead muffins and bars for when people come to visit.
    BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Soups and pasta sauces are perfect for freezing. I know pinterest has a bunch of ideas for freezer meals!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't know how this ISN'T related, LOL.  It's totally related.  I haven't felt much like cooking lately, so I hope that improves.  I have made this awesome recipe from Pioneer Woman that I got from my mom (who normally can't cook).  It is muy delicioso.  
    It's the one with the pepperoncinis.  My mom puts in her dutch oven I got her for Christmas and pops it in the oven, I use a crock pot.  Either way, I can't tell you how good this is.  

I also love to make white chicken chili ahead.  I usually make a gigantic (really) pot of it, then pull out the pressure cooker and can at least 10 large jars of it.  Then, when I want some, I just add a bit of water and boil it for 10 minutes, add some sour cream and cheese - Voila!  Come to think of it, I should make some before these babies come.  Thanks for the ideas!~~
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Thanks for the ideas everyone! Also I did make Pioneer Woman's lasagna and it was great and pretty easy.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love www.onceamonthmeals.com.  They are broken down by month and also if you want traditional, vs diet or paleo or vegetarian.  Most of them have been pretty good so far!  Pinterest has a ton too.
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"