Pregnant after IF

First m/w appt what to expect...

HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
edited January 2014 in Pregnant after IF
Tomorrow is my first appt with my m/w and I am 11 weeks.  I am still with my RE until Friday but so far he has already done all of the first trimester testing like all of the blood work and urine testing.  What do you ladies think I can expect from my first appointment since I have had this all done?  I was also curious if they would discuss the NT scan with us since I thought this was usually done around the 12 week time? I feel kind of clueless going into my appt tomorrow, it's like all new grounds after being with my RE for so long.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3

Re: First m/w appt what to expect...

• The first thing they'll do is go over literally ALL of your medical history and ask you 5 million questions even if you've been going to them forever.  Things like do you smoke, does DH smoke, drugs, medical history for both of you, etc.  They'll do a PAP and standard check-up like you would get at your annual, might take more "fresh" bloodwork depending on what your RE did and how long ago it was, they'll obviously weigh you, they'll take your urine (you'll have to do this every time you go), and they'll probably try to get the HB on a doppler.  I was able to hear mine at 9w on the doppler, so you def should by now!  They'll also give you info for your NT scan, which sounds like will need to be done ASAP.  Once you're all dressed again they'll go over all of the other testing that's out there and make their recommendations for what they think you should opt into doing.  This will include NT scan, anatomy scan, etc.  And, of course, they'll sit and answer any other questions that you have.  The initial appointment is always the longest.  I went to my OB first and then switched to a m/w.  Both initial appointments were about 2+ hours.  The m/w was definitely a more enjoyable experience because those 2 hours were actually spent with her the whole time, not see a nurse, wait, see the OB, wait, get blood taken, wait, etc.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Thanks ladies! Luckily my re did my pap a week ago so one less thing. itll be weird going to appts and not getting an u/s everytime. Im excited to meet with a m/w!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to my OB today for the first time, so I have no advice here...but I did want to say that I completely agree with you about it being weird to not get an u/s every time now. I am really disappointed!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • You are going to love working with a MW. They take so much time with you and will answer all of your questions. Ask her what to expect, but basically my first MW appointment was 1.5 hours of questions about health history, going over some questions and ideal plans for our birth and pregnancy, and discussing what to expect for future appointments. I also had some BW, urine analysis, and an internal exam to verify the feel of the baby to get an idea of size/length of current pregnancy. Have fun! 
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• My first appt with OB was at 10 weeks.  It was rather uneventful compared to the visits with the RE.

They went over past pregnancies, RE records, and we talked about 1st tri testing.  I'm over 35 so they pushed us to Materni21 Blood test and not NT scan (I was bumbed because it means no u/s!).  The rest of the appt was a regular GYN exam since I was due for the pap.

Even the second appt was uneventful - we have multiple physicians that you cycle through - review history and results of Mat21 (everything was good) listen to HB and that was it.  Third appt was the same but ordered the A/S.  

The appts are rather boring compared to the visits with the RE. 
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"