Nurseries and Baby Gear

Target crib deal to good to be true?

I've just started to investigate cribs, etc. and was narrowing down what we want. Saw that this week on Target they're selling a Langley 3-1 convertible crib for $223 -- with a free Sealy mattress (retail: $90). 

I hadn't looked at brands yet, but we were def. leaning toward getting a convertible to save money. 

Is this a good enough deal to pull the trigger when I'm not fully done investigating options, or will I be able to find similar deals in the next few months?

Any feedback on either the brand or the pros/cons of a convertible welcome. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Target crib deal to good to be true?

• AKB090609AKB090609 member
    edited January 2014
    Nope, both target and walmart do these deals from time to time. I think last year there was a $150 crib with a free mattress at one point. 

Edit: keep in mind if you plan on having more than one child the crib may not be getting converted. It is also important to remember that babies and toddlers may chew on the crib and you might not want to use it. Plus full beds don't always fit in kids rooms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check in their stores at their clearance too! We got cribs for $38 and $65. But the bundle deals are always good too!

• Loading the player...
  • I think target's return policy is 90 days, so you can always return it if you change your mind after doing more research.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • AKB090609 said:

Nope, both target and walmart do these deals from time to time. I think last year there was a $150 crib with a free mattress at one point. 

The bundles are always a great deal, so if you like it get it. I'm not familiar with the Target bundle but the Walmart bundles usually include either a Graco or BabyMod (made by Million Dollar Baby) cribs that come highly rated by Baby Bargains and other sources. We were really pleased with our BabyMod bundle since it came with toddler rails, as well as the mattress included, and $9.95 shipping to our home. Not only that but it is a sturdy well made crib.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I agree with PP on the convertible. If you want more than one kid, you many not convert it. Also, I personally wouldn't convert to a full because of space. All of my friends do though.

If it's a good deal and it converts. . . just a bonus. But don't let that part hold you back if the above reasons sound good.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• It is a good deal.  And just because it converts, doesn't mean you have to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"