Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Sit and Stand Strollers/Older Child

I have a 6 yo DD, she is on the small side (47 lbs)  and still fits in the Eddie Bauer stroller I have. I am expecting in July, when she will be 7.  I was looking at the Sit N Stand Strollers b/c I like to take walks and DD can't last 45 mins on her own little legs. However, the highest weight capacity for the rear that I could find was 50 pounds. Now you may all think that 7 is way too old to be pushing around a kid in a stroller, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone has any experience with an older child on a Sit n Stand Stroller, and if so, how much did they weigh?

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

Re: Sit and Stand Strollers/Older Child

• Options
    LittleAppleLittleApple member
    edited January 2014
    That is going to be a tough find.  Most strollers have a weight capacity of 50 lbs. and the buggy boards/glider boards have a max. weight of 45 lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Would one of these work? https://mountainbuggy.com/us/Products/freerider-stroller-board#.UtR9rH-9KK0

Then she could ride or clip it to the stroller if she gets tired.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@AKB090609 Wow, those are cool!!  I will look into that. Wonder how hard it is to push the stroller like that, though?

After thinking about it yesterday, I decided I will just buy a regular stroller. Even if I did find one with a heavier weight limit, how long is she really going to be able to ride it? I mean she does gain weight very slowly, but I will probably just have her ride her bike. She needs to learn how to go longer distances on her own. 

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

• Options
    I don't think its crazy to push around a 7 year old.  My son is almost 6 and super skinny and he still loves to ride.  I like that its easy to contain him when I need to so I don't complain at all.  But he's also not quite 40 lbs so we have a ways to go before we hit the weight limit.  I was also going to suggest the boogie boards as a good alternative.

Oh and PS... my mom says that my oldest brother loved his stroller so much that my middle brother (a year younger) used to push him around!  I can absolutely see my son/daughter doing this!

• Options
    @slwprincess Wow, that is a light 6 year old! LOL My daughter has only gained a few pounds in the last year, which is why I was thinking of a Sit N Stand, but my DH would probably have a fit about it. He wasn't happy about me still pushing her in a stroller.

• Options
    @slwprincess Wow, that is a light 6 year old! LOL My daughter has only gained a few pounds in the last year, which is why I was thinking of a Sit N Stand, but my DH would probably have a fit about it. He wasn't happy about me still pushing her in a stroller.
    I know- he's super tall too.  He's like 80% for height and 10% for weight.  DH is built like that too.  It is so crazy b/c our 3 year old is only a few lbs behind him!

• Options
    My Baby Trend Sit n Stand is getting hard to steer with a 37 lb 3.5 yo and 18 lb baby. I'm not sure you're going to find one that's good for walks. I do think 6 is too old to ride in a stroller. I didn't even get a double when DD2 was born because DD1 was already 4 yo then. Can your 6 yo ride a bike while you walk?
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

@Angela814 We were at the store yesterday and looking at the strollers, DD saw the sit n' stand and I broke it to her that I won't be getting it b/c she weighs too much now and she will be 7. I told her she can ride her bike. She promptly started crying so I distracted her with looking at baby clothes and then she was fine. I think it is probably going to be more of a jealousy thing and the fact that she's not the baby anymore and wants to be in the stroller b/c her sibling is.

• Options

@Angela814 We were at the store yesterday and looking at the strollers, DD saw the sit n' stand and I broke it to her that I won't be getting it b/c she weighs too much now and she will be 7. I told her she can ride her bike. She promptly started crying so I distracted her with looking at baby clothes and then she was fine. I think it is probably going to be more of a jealousy thing and the fact that she's not the baby anymore and wants to be in the stroller b/c her sibling is.

Yeah, my 7 yo tries to jump in the stroller sometimes too. She's 60 lbs (and53"), so she's just way too big. She does like to push the stroller. Maybe your DD could help with that so she's more involved.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

Yeah, my 7 yo tries to jump in the stroller sometimes too. She's 60 lbs (and53"), so she's just way too big. She does like to push the stroller. Maybe your DD could help with that so she's more involved.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"