Special Needs

Parenthood (spoiler)

Anyone watch last night? What did you think? I realize it's all pretty Hollywood dramatic, but DH and I always go silent when we're watching Max, like we're looking into the future. ICYMI: Max basically can't keep quiet in History class, much to the annoyance of his teacher and peers. As a result, his teacher sends him to the library to study on his own. Max tells his Dad this is happening and apparently it's been going on for the majority of the semester. After meeting with the teacher and principal, they tell Adam and Kristina they don't have any alternatives and the school is doing the best they can. He's in the "middle", too smart for special ed, but not able to stick it out in the classroom. It's weird though that apparently this isn't happening in the rest of his classes. So he's obviously able to stick it out, there is just something about History class? Idk. Kristina ends up attending another young lady's IEP meeting and helping the Mom advocate. I assumed they were going to follow this story with Kristina opening up a SN advocacy shop, but instead she gets the idea to open a school for kids with autism- whoa. There's a free public charter school here in MN that caters to kids with HFA. https://www.lionsgateacademy.org/   It's kind of comforting to know they exist should we need it down the line. Not a small undertaking by any means.

The whole Julia/Joel thing I just, no. Maybe I'm naive but I feel a season finale triumphant return of Joel coming on. And I hope Camille and Zeke sell their house to Crosby and his brood.

Re: Parenthood (spoiler)

• d.fd.f member
    Yup my kid is already in that in between place. He's not atypical enough for a less inclusive environment but he's noticeable and difficult to serve in the mainstream with 26 other kids vying for attention.

DS 09/2008

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"