Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Having a rough day today...

I had my D & C on Friday (this was my first pregnancy). As far as pain goes, I'm doing pretty well. Some moderate cramping today, but minimal bleeding since Friday. Emotionally though, today is as hard as when we found out we M/C 5 days ago. I'm not sure why I am having such a hard time today, maybe because I've been in denial up until now. I'm glad I had the D & C though, I just wanted to emotionally and physically move on so we can start our next chapter. We know about 5 other couples right now who are expecting, and its hard to see all of their updates and pictures online. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for all of them, but at the same time jealous.. but I think that is a normal feeling. To top it off, I was sitting on the couch with hot tomato soup and I sneezed and spilled it on my legs and the carpet. Now my legs are all red and sore, and the carpet has red stains. That incident put me over the edge and now I'm just a emotional wreck. Sorry for the pity party as I know we are all going through hard times - it feels good to vent though. 

Re: Having a rough day today...

• I am so sorry. Some of that is hormonal. As your hormones drop you will start to feel a little better.
  • I'm so sorry. I felt the same way after my D&C and everything in my life set me off. I started 'unfollowing' (not unfriending) people on Facebook who were pregnant because it was just too hard to see. Once I feel more like myself I can easily change the settings, but it has helped so far. Big hugs!
  • Loading the player...
  • I work with 7 people who are expecting this spring. :(

So happy for them, so sad for me.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Don't apologize for venting. This is the place to do it. I am sorry you are having a rough time. It is normal to feel jealous of other successful pregnancies. I sometimes even feel jealous of friends with their infants. It will get better, but there will likely be more rough days ahead. Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"